Lost 5.11 "Whatever Happened, Happened"

Miles: “You’re all free to leave when you want… but I’ll shoot you in the leg.”

Ha! Hurley: “Back to the Future, man…”

Jack’s plan now is apparently just sit back and find out if “Whatever Happened already happened” or if it’s going to be Hurley’s Back-to-the-Future theory. Not a bad test, actually, since it affects the guy who’s been the burr in their saddles for three years now…

They have the canceled joke over at Lost Forums too. Which is really annoying because it means they don’t have the “live episode” thread. Which I prefer over SDMB because they have a lot more replies during the actual show to check during commercials/etc. Heh.

Jack: “… maybe the island just wants to fix things by itself…”

Jack’s starting to sound like Locke.

Hurley’s going to spend the whole episode trying to figure out the time travel thing. Hahahaha!

Well, Hurley is asking the very interesting questions now! The same ones that the fans are all asking to test continuity with earlier seasons…

I like that Hurley snuck attacked a good question in there:

Hurley: “Then why didn’t Ben remember Sayid as the dude that shot him all those years ago?”

Miles: Huh…I didn’t think of that.

Oooh, Juliet’s on the rampage!

Jack definitely has soaked up some Locke vibes…

Sawyer: “Don’t worry. We’ve got them right where we want them.”

That was officially the second time in the series that Ben was taken by surprise. Then again, you know, if the person I killed was beside me when I woke up, I’d do the same damn thing…

Hmmm… “He will always be one of us.” Perhaps this means Richard taking him to the temple and “Otherizing” him. What some have speculated happened to Danielle’s crew.

Oh good, Global cut off ABC’s feed to show an important dentist commercial just as Richard was walking off into the jungle with Ben.

So, what happened?

Yeah, I think we were right about there being an “otherization” process at the temple, which could also be why they didn’t jump in time.

Also, I think that’s the first time we’ve seen Ben genuinely and truly scared.

He walked to the temple. Then he put his back to a doorway, gave a “what am I doing look”, and backed into it.

So towards the end, one of the Others said to Richard:
“You shouldn’t do this without asking Elie (?), and if Charles finds out…”

Obviously Charles Widmore. But I’m wondering if the other is a nickname for the young girl (from the 1950s jump) who we presumed to be Daniel’s mother, young Eloise Hawking. Sounds like she’s the current leader of the Others, then? (With Richard in his usual mysterious role, where he “doesn’t answer to either of them”).

I think Charles is the leader, but Eloise probably some other position of power.

After Richard backs into the temple with young Ben, the scene cuts to adult Ben, lying on a bed. Locke is sitting in front of him, at the bedside. (Presumably in the Dharma station in the present, after the Ajira flight landing on Other-traz).

Ben wakes up.

Locke: “Hello, Ben.”
Ben’s eyes widen
Locke: “Welcome back to the land of the living.”
significant looks ensue. Ben eyes widen more. Locke gives a smug look.

L O S T

Did anyone else for a second think that was a “I’m about to beam us through this wall” look?

Anyone?

Just me?

k.

An interesting thing about the look on Ben’s face is that I really don’t think he expected John to be resurrected. We’ve seen people come back from near death a lot, but I think genuine resurrection is extremely rare and is probably only reserved for certain people that Jacob deems worthy.

I was expecting the smoke monster to swallow them up.

Can someone please remind me what happened to Claire? I was confused when Kate said Claire had “disappeared” because I thought I remembered her being dead. I may be thinking that because she was hanging out with Christian in the little house in the woods.

Help?

She walked away with Christian in the middle of the night. They never really said what happened to her, but she is (or at least was) alive.

I’m glad that Juliet and Sawyer seem immune to the big, sucking vortex of drama that is Kate and Jack. I nearly applauded when Sawyer made the “Guess I grew up” comment.

What’s the name of Alpert’s mystery boss–the Cabin Guy who we never see clearly?

I’m hoping next episode finally clears up a lot of the “What is/are The Others” mysteries.

Was that a temple, or Jacob’s house, or are they the same thing? I thought it was Jacob’s place.