So I've been "indicted"....(sorta)

You know what they say: A good man could get a ham sandwich to marry him.

Here’s hoping you bring home the bacon!

I’m not entirely certain what I’ve said above makes any sense. Um…I’ll go get some more coffee.

You must have gotten her really drunk fi… wait, no, that’s not right. Congratulations! Yeah, that’s it. :slight_smile:

Is your passport in order?

I believe Haiti doesn’t extradite.

Congrats!

Congratulations!

Congratulations on no longer rolling alone, Oak!

A word of advice - if you are offered the choice between helping with the wedding planning, and waterboarding, think carefully before you choose.

But congrats anyway.

Regards,
Shodan, who is serving the 29th of a life sentence with no time off for good behavior, but several appeals to get into her briefs.

Marriage can be a great thing or a lousy thing. A lot depends on what you make of it.

May you always make the most of it, and may your days together be numerous and happy.

Congrats!

After a bit of research into the statute and case law of Undisclosed County and State, I feel confident in saying that while those jurisdictions do mandate life without parole in such situations, certain exemptions can be granted for good behaviour. These exemptions are limited in scope, however, and typically occur on Sundays during NFL season. :wink:

Congratulations, and may you have a great life together!

Congratulations Oak!

Congratulations! Marriage is a wonderful institution!

Congratulations to you both! I wish you much joy together, and a plethora of tolerance during the whole wedding-planning-thingy.

Ah, love … :slight_smile:

Congratulations. However I will remind you that it is never too late to assume a false identity and escape to Mexico.

Also, I’ll give you for free my wedding reception idea, which was not implemented due to reasons beyond my control: backyard (or beach) barbeque where every guest gets their own roasting stick, and as many hot dogs, graham crackers, mashmallows and hershey’s chocolate bars as you can eat. BYOB. (White Tie / Formal Attire optional.)

Congratulations!

And here’s my for-free wedding advice. Someone gave it to us, and it was the best goddamn thing about planning a wedding that I ever heard, and it saved our sanity. So I pass it along at every opportunity. Here it is:

People will remember one thing about your wedding. Two, or even three, if it’s really memorable. So here’s what you do. Think of two or three things that you want to be memorable about your wedding, and rock those things. (We chose food and location). Everything else, do the bare minimum you can do to make sure those things aren’t memorable.

Wedding favors? Who gives a shit? Nobody remembers those. Don’t do them. Your color theme? Fuck your color theme, nobody cares about your color theme. And so on. Unless you want people to remember your color theme, don’t sweat it.

We said, “fuck it” a lot during the planning, with this advice in mind. Seriously, it’s great.

Congrats! As a recently married man myself I can offer this advice that served me in good stead.

When she says she wants your input, she DOES but not really. I asked my wife to provide me with three choices she liked equally well before asking me about what i thought in anything but the most general terms. This worked wonderfully. She got what she wanted and I didn’t have to try to navigate through endless permutations of each option.

Also, DO WHAT YOU GUYS WANT. The wedding is for YOU. Enjoy it. Congrats again. :smiley:

Congrats, Oak.

As for me, I’ve already had two strikes, and I sure as hell will never risk a third. I shouldn’t worry, though since the act of me filling out a marriage license application would be prima facie evidence of non compos mentis. Or res ipsa loquitur. Or mica mica parva stella. Whatever.

Good luck to you. May you be LWOPed in that institution.

Congratulations!

May you and the Druidess live happily ever after!

Poor bastard…doomed, you are doomed.

(On a more positive note): Congrats, and best wishes to you both!!!

I got the same conviction back in 1977 and I often think ------- any other charge, any other institution, and I’d at least have freakin parole by now if not out free and clear!

Congrats!