Destino, Dali's Disney Film to be shown in NYC

I know several people in here are Disney fans, so when I saw this article

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/15/dali.disney.ap/index.html

I had to pass it along. There’s an ink drawing of Dali’s, too, and it’ll be open till Nov 15th.

Given the fact that Destino was playing regularly throughout the country as an opening short for The Triplets of Belleville, I sincerely doubt that this is the NY premiere. Still, well worth seeing, and I imagine the exhibit is interesting.

Not when I saw Triplets.

I saw E-Sabbath’s linked article before I saw this Thread, and I was surprised to see it refered to as the N.Y. Premiere.

As ArchiveGuy alludes to, it was attached to a few prints of Triplettes of Bellville (Yookeroo, it wasn’t shown when I saw Bellville either). And it was also attached to some prints of Calendar Girls (this is when I saw it). Unfortunately, singular1 ran out to the theatre based on my advice and ended up having to sit through a showing of Calendar Girls that did not include Destino.

Anyway, it wasn’t everywhere but a good number of folks got to see it. I’m surprised that it didn’t show in N.Y.C. It’s rare that N.Y. is behind the rest of us with this sort of thing.

Yeah, [bienville], that did kinda suck, but I never held it against you. :wink:

Does anybody know if they’re ever going to put this on DVD? I googled it, but no luck, and we really want to see this - but not enough to fork over airfare from Seatlle to NYC.