Any funny BBQ Pit threads that I should read?

I have fond memories of reading some nice rants from Sauron and Scylla among others but I haven’t been visiting the pit regularly. If you can think of a thread worth reading that was posted within the last 6 months or so, please let me know.

I suppose it doesn’t need to be funny if it’s a must-read so feel free to share any such posts as well.

“Woman behold thy daughter, daughter thy mother, & BOTH OF YOU LOSE MY NUMBER!” A classic by Sampiro He’s got many great threads, some of them in the Pit.

“Insurance for the cataclysmically stupid,” by Dante. I’m not sure any thread on this board has ever made me laugh harder.

The Telemarketer Speaks. I Respond. Great classic. Unfortunately it has been closed, but still good reading, nonetheless.

The Prehensile Rectum thread. The highlight of the thread is Borborygmi’s Dr. Suess parody post.

Look at Maureen’s on the Employee from Hell finally getting fired *. It was awesome.
Or the Prelude: You theiving cunt. Dope instant classics and one of many reasons Maureen is among my favorite Dopers.

Jim

• You! Yes, you, you psychotic hosebeast! You’re FIRED!!

The Emporer of the World one is great.

They’re back! - the door-to-door salesmen from hell
It starts off as a good venting about annoying salespeople, but then at post #18, Master Wang-Ka shares his experience with Jehova’s Witnesses. Good lord.

Jesus.

That’s the funniest shit I’ve read on a message board.

Ever.

Good lord indeed.

:smiley:

Master Wang-Ka is sadly no longer a member here, but he was one of the great story tellers.

Most of these are from MPSIMS, and so don’t qualify for this thread, but I have to recommend them for any newcomers to the SDMB.

When Good Cooks Go Bad: Wiener Gravy and Other Disasters He has several posts here, but #31 is great, and #50 is one of the funniest things I’ve read.

The Horror Of Toobs

Why Men Should Not Wear Thong Underwear

When Furniture Attacks

First one was a little too long for me. The second one was great. Thanks!

I knew that one. It was older than 6 months. Definitely a classic.

Oops. Forgot to quote the original message in my last post. I was of , of course, referring to “the telemarketer speaks. I respond”.

Can’t say I enjoyed that one. Gross!

i knew the second one. I have just read the first one. They’re not bad but I wouldn’t call them classics. No offense meant of course. I probably couldn’t write half as well as Maureen.

Definitely one of the very best. I knew that one and it ranks very high among my favorites.

No offense taken of course, we each have our own likes and dislikes.

Jim

Certainly not in the last 6 months, but The horror of blimps by Scylla is one of my personal favs.

My rage burns with the fire of a million suns

Holy crap, ain’t that the truth.

Okay, I know I’m dangerously close to beating a dead horse, but it’s 24 hours later and I’ve just logged on and read that one again and I’m crying with laughter once more.

**Master Wang-Ka ** for President!!!

Good lord is right! I think we’ve all dreamed of doing that, but I never realized how funny it would be to read about it.