What do women find ugly in men?

It has been my experience that the percentage of women I find unattractive and the percentage of men I think are ugly are very different. Surprisingly(?), I tend to be much more lenient on my fellow man.

It occurred to me that the reverse may hold true for some women. So enlighten me, ladies. What do you find physically unattactive in a man?

Bad hair is a turnoff. For most guys it seems easy to get a decent haircut. And quit using gel already. Wax or hairspray looks much better. As is bad facial hair. Sorry guys, not all of you look good with it. I also find guys too beefy to be unattractive. I like my man to have a semblance of a neck. I like my guys on the average/sort of skinny side. Excess body hair is a huge turnoff too.

When I am just idly looking at guys, my standards are high to call them cute. When it comes to actually dating someone, they are lowered a bit because personality can make up for a lot. Not for a hairy back though, sorry.

You do know you’re going to get 100 different answers from 100 different women, right?

Myself, I find excessive body hair, especially back hair, really gross. Some women find it to be a turn-on.

Sloppy fatness is rarely attractive in anybody.

I’d say lack of cleanliness, and by that I don’t mean temporarily sweaty from working, but the greasiness that comes from going too long without bathing.

A lot of other repulsive physical characteristics are not easily described, but are the kinds of things that just say, “this guy is nasty,” but you can’t say exactly why.

Stupidity, meanness and arrogance. I don’t care if you are chiseled like a Greek god–if you’re an idiot, rude and condescending to others or constantly trying to impose your opinion on the world–instant turnoff.

Physically? Excessive overweight (I’ve liked some heavier guys, I mean REALLY overweight)… , or excessively broad shoulders. I happen to be very attracted to short, wiry men.

Oh–and the way he dresses is essential. I like good, tailored clothing–button-up shirts with collars, that kind of thing. Guys who know how to dress are a huge turn-on.

I, too, find excessive hairiness to be a turn-off. Not so much that I wouldn’t be friendly or socialize with someone because of it, but if I’m going to get naked with someone, I want to feel their skin.

Humm - well, a lack of personal hygene is disgusting. Poor grooming in general kind of turns me of. The guy doesn’t have to be a GQ model but he needs to be clean and tidy in his personal apparance.

Excessive weight is not so good, generally because it signals a lack of interest in physcial activities (which I enjoy doing) and a lack of personal discipline, which I don’t care for as a personal quality in a mate.

And squidgy hands. How odd, eh? I always notice a mans hands first. If his hands are ok, I’ll notice the rest of him. If not, I never get past that point. Weird, eh?

Ooh, I have an extensive list. Please bear in mind that these are general guidelines and of course personality, good spelling and charisma can make up for a lot.

Face
Lack of facial definition - A soft jawline, large double chin, etc.

An incredibly wide jaw - If a man looks like a comic book character, I’m probably not interested (excepting JtHM, of course)

Odd lips - Too thin, too thick. I need perfect lips.

Bad eyebrows - This is probably my biggest hang-up. Eyebrows that are too thick, too unshapely or god forbid, a unibrow gross me right out.

Unattractive hands - This includes but is not limited to dirty or long fingernails, thin fingers or feminine hands.

Bad skin - A break out here or there is unavoidable for most people, consistently horrible acne is a dealbreaker. I should see more skin than blemishes.
Large noses and unremarkable or beady eyes are also a bit of a turn off for me.

Body
Ample rear ends - It strikes me as effeminate and I don’t find wide hips or a large behind on a man attractive at all.

Wearing your pants on the middle of your spare tire - Wear them underneath and buy a longer shirt, for chrissakes.

A built upper body with chicken legs - Really, boys. You’re already spending 20 hours at the gym a week… go check out the leg press.

The unibrow. Take the hottest guy in the world, give him a unibrow, and I’ll say no thanks. Or I’ll go at him with tweezers first.

Hairy backs and shoulders gross me out, too, but the unibrow is the worst offender because it’s right there on his face and you can’t help but see it all the time.

I agree. Sweaty from physical activity can be sexy, but bad hygiene is a huge turn off.
Another vote for excessive body hair too. Also, bushy eyebrows, unibrow, ear hair, etc. Some guys (Mr Johnson) look good with a nicely trimmed beard but I’ve never seen an attractive mustache. I’m not a fan of male hair products either. I like to run my hands through Mr J’s hair and he loves it, so no gel/wax/spray.

And a few other things: Smoking. Being overweight. Gross feet. Dirty fingernails. Scrawny legs. Untamed pubic hair… I’ll stop at that.

Actually a weak chin is not good either - I just remembered that.

Indefinable, but I know 'em when I see 'em bad hands. And basically good hands can be ruined with lack of maintenance – dry knuckles, ragged nails, etc.

Cheap, squeaky shoes.

Guys who wear their pants under their spare tire. Get pants that can span your equator and wear your belt level.

See, lots of answers from lots of women, already.

I’m sure the men would love to see a picture of you, dear.

I can’t get past goatees or other facial hair “sculptures”. This will cast an unacceptable shadow over a man with a million other good qualities.

Also bad: jewelry, tattoos, an obvious lack of care in dressing (meaning, wears wrinkled jeans and a dingy tshirt every day), hair past the shoulders, ummmm… those are the big things. I also don’t like glasses with the thick lenses that make your eyes look very small, but that’s not such a big deal.

Most everything else is negotiable.

But if I’m simply eyeing strangers, I’d say a weak chin, excessive weight, and guys who still comb their hair straight back (a style I associate with my dad, and therefore feel is dated).

It would take a lot for me to call someone ugly, since the way I feel about someone’s looks is influenced by how I feel about their personality. However, if I’m just doing a little garden-variety boy-gazing, I won’t look too long at someone who’s excessively fat or thin, really badly groomed, or short. I have happily dated men with these characteristics, though.

Bad teeth. Bad skin. Scraggly hair, or worse, the comb-over. Cheap glasses (especially if broken and mended with tape). Cheap shoes. Excessive body hair.

:frowning:

I think you ladies need to define what “bad hair” means.

Do you mean balding?

Or just poorly styled or groomed?
Not that I’m any of those of course. :smiley:

This thread is making me depressed. :frowning:

:: covers eyebrows and runs away in shame ::

Define excessive weight?

20 pounds?, 40 pounds?

I’m a dude but it seems to me some men carry weight a lot better than others.