Women who don't like cunnilingus

Have I been lied to and misinformed my entire life? I didn’t really think these existed, but apparently they do. Are they as rare as guys who don’t like blowjobs?

I solicit your stories, perspectives, anecdotes, and illiterate off-topic ramblings.

They definitely exist and aren’t all that rare in the true sense of the word. We have discussed this here before and female Dopers have fessed up to the aversion. A common reason is that they don’t think the area is clean or that it is gross. The fact that it is someone else doing it doesn’t always play out in the female mind like you might expect. Others say that it makes them feel wet and gross from getting it. Others may have an aversion from a bad experience in the past that they associate it with.

When it’s good, it’s very, very good - I had a lover once who made the bottoms of my feet burn and sent a flame up my spine like a Cylon! It was really bizarre and unique. I don’t really know what it was he did differently, but he came with very good references by the other gals at Ren Faire, so it wasn’t just me!

When it’s bad, it’s really annoying. Wet and icky and either tickley or boring. Boring is the worst, because I really WANT it to feel good, and often it has nothing to do with the guy or the technique, it’s just not happening. The stars are not aligning or something. So I get frustrated that it’s not happening, and then of course that insures it won’t happen.

OK, I can’t believe I’m going to say this.

I enjoy it very much, but I prefer to be nice and clean before we start – at least recently bathed, within the last day, and right before is even better. Himself, however, seems to particularly enjoy it when I am less than “fresh.” I don’t necessarily think it’s gross, but (from my perspective) I would think he’d prefer me to be clean first. <insert joke about why God must be a civil engineer> I don’t get it, but I’m willing to chalk it up to a “hey baby, I dig your REAL scent” thing. If he likes it that way, I’m sure not gonna stop him. :smiley:

(And yes, I prefer him to be April fresh before giving him any, ah, attention.)

Women who don’t like cunnilingus

Fuck 'em.

I’m…speechless… :confused:

Or give them the finger.

My ex-girlfriend didn’t like it, but that’s because she was too embarrassed about sex to even let me try it. With her it was either missionary or doggy, and that was it. Period.

Tell them where they can shove it.

I have an ex who didn’t really like it. She enjoyed the feeling, the few times she let me, but she felt it was “gross”, and was very self-conscious that she smelt/looked/whatever bad.

Well think how shocked I was when I found men who didn’t like blow jobs. I didn’t know that was possible. Of course after they met me they changed their mind.

But I’ve never been that crazy about cunniligus. Not because I think “down there” is dirty. Just because I like penetration better. Or at least…serious sucking, not wimpy little licking. Of course what it comes down to is, if it turns him on, it turns you on.

What a thread to post in now I’m back.

I won’t say that I don’t enjoy it, only that I never have. It’s like WhyNot said, if not done properly it’s just irritating. It takes a bit of finesse, and technique, and both partners must be absolutely comfortable. It’s not good for me if I must refrain from giving gentle instructions because I think I may hurt his feelings.

Lots of guys I know won’t even go there. Others have been so gung-ho about it and given a meh performance. Some say they’re great at it, but none have proven it to me. I have gotten to the point where I sort of dread the offer, because I don’t like my girly bits being treated like silly putty or tickly little nothing licks without any enthusiasm behind them.

I hate it, too. And I’m a very sexual, very sexually responsive person. I can tell ya, you’re gonna get scratched off my partner list right quick if you insist on going down on me. Nothing gets me all hot and bothered like disrespecting me. :rolleyes:

I hope my mother the Doper stays out of this thread.

Perhaps I haven’t run into an expert in the art, but I’ve never really gotten into it, and it’s not because of hygiene issues. Approaching my clitoris from the only really available angles during the act hurts me like crazy, and somehow that detracts from the experience. Ouch.

I’m not unwilling to give it a try, but it’s more to make my (currently imaginary, sadly) partner happy. But that’s okay. Maybe I’ll run into one that will launch me into space someday, but until then…eh. I just don’t get into it.

Not a chick, but just wanted to chime in about the oral sex thing-

Sometimes someone doesn’t care for oral sex because their last 1/2 parters (particularly if it was their first partner onward) were bad at it. This sets a precedent for the individual that makes them believe that’s the best it is going to feel down there, so instead of insisting about receiving it, they pass.

I know this was the case for me regarding blowjobs- the first two women I got them from were terrible, and girl #2 had bragged that she did a ‘good’ job. So I figured it just wasn’t my cup of tea.

Current g/f proved me wrong on that, though :wink:

I don’t hate it, at worst it’s irritatingly tickling or painful when a partner tries to stretch and adjust everything into shapes never meant to be, at best it’s a mildly pleasant warming up activity that I’m just as happy to skip.

I just find it too passive. I prefer being more actively involved and while 69 is a grand idea it’s generally not very workable for us in reality. It works much better for me if we’re playing with bondage simultaneously, gives me more to concentrate on somehow, but even then I prefer it to just be a tease on the way to the good stuff.

I love it – now.

When I was dating, I never found a guy who could do it right. Apparently these guys had had positive experiences with previous girlfriends doing things that did NOT work for me. I’m not shy about giving feedback, but at some point it starts to seem like criticism, which isn’t so sexy.

However, now I am married, and my husband actually listened to what I was saying, and practiced enthusiastically. Yay!

Cunnilingus: I am a fan.

The first time I had it, I saw God. I swear.

It has never done anything for me since. I find it boring and unamussing. And it’s been 22 years since my first time.

Ironically, the one boyfriend I had, well let’s just say we were extreeeeemly sexually compatible. He hated being going down on. I hated being going down on.

We fucked like rabbits all the time, though.

Very, very important. Fellow Men (and gaygals): every woman’s a world of her own, don’t presume you already know everything, learn to take direction(*).
Women: do not assume he already knows everything, do not fear providing direction, and being clear about what it is that works for you(**).

(*) And that includes, if she’s reticent, letting it go and doing instead something she DOES wants and like: getting stuck trying to prove a point is an attitude problem on your part.
(**) Please, no expectation that your partner will telepathically sense or just know genetically or by divine revelation what you want and like – not every woman is you.

Why?