Men's underwear, fly or no fly, take 2

I’m not even willing to let EKDS5k’s thread run its course. The results are too frightening to me. I need to know more specifics about your urination habits.

Please indulge my more granular poll options.

And if a mod wants to fix my typo, have at it. Apparently I’m extremely worked up about this.

Where’s the option for not wearing underwear?

:::soothingly::: there, there, steronz. I fixed it for you. :slight_smile:

As I said, we should all take the MMPI.

However you spell it.

Those things are meaningless until they design one that has an “immature asshole” category. Otherwise they never quite fit me.

Option 8.

peeing through the fly is the right way. I didn’t think anyone pulled down their underwear

It’s the right way for boxers only (as shown by the poll so far). Running one’s hose through a pair of Y-fronts is too much work.

For boxers there is also the option of using one of the leg-holes.

Not that I do, but its an option some may embrace…

The problem is that sometimes I’ll don boxers and sometimes boxer briefs. Always through the fly though, where’s that option?

I own boxers, briefs AND boxer briefs*. I think this ridiculous orthodoxy about underwear choice is what is causing half of the tension in the world today. Can’t we all just get along?

Of course I go through the pants fly but over the underwear band as Jah intended. Anything else is just deviant.

• Okay, I admit really don’t care for the boxer briefs. But I’ll wear my experimental pairs if I get lazy about the laundry.

Actually, I wear a large overcoat, two fake pants legs tied around my thighs and nothing else.

I still don’t see how you could use the fly in briefs or boxer briefs without wearing them out in a short period of time. The flaps come out in the opposite way. The only exception I’ve ever seen were Jockeys, which the fly actually be a hole pointing up. Of course, that’s even less useful.

Ah, Thailand.

Boxer Briefs, over the top.

Otherwise it’s like trying to work a hot dog through a heating vent.

Those of us with a modicum of manual dexterity use the fly on their undies rather than going through the hassle of unbuckling, unbuttoning and unzipping to go over the top. Anything else is a massive waste of time and energy for a pretty routine chore. And I can’t speak for everyone, but the fabric in my undies will wear out long before the fly ever tears apart, so I don’t consider that to be any kind of issue.

You forget the possibility of going through the trouser fly but over the top of the underwear band. The fly on my boxer briefs tend to be too constricting and some don’t even have a fly. On the rare occasion I’m wearing boxers, then I use both flies.

I honestly don’t understand why anyone has to do anything but unzipping the pants fly before going over the top. So I share some of your confusion, despite being an over-the-top guy.

As the poll results suggest, whether using the fly is “a massive waste of time and energy for a pretty routine chore” seems to depend greatly on the type of underwear. Apparently it’s quite easy with boxers, and I can attest that with briefs it’s too much of a hassle to be bothered with.

We don’t unbuckle and unbutton. With a modicum of manual dexterity you can pull the waistband down through the trouser fly.