12-year old girls love Harry Potter toy that "vibrates between their legs"

Check out this hot product on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005NEBW/ref%3Dase_teacher1stop-20/002-6451022-8604837
It’s a replica of the Nimbus 200 broom from the Harry Potter book/movie. Read the user comments–they’re hilarious:

“It wasn’t until after she opened her gift and started playing with it that I realized that the toy may offer a more than sensational experience. The broomstick has cute sound effects and VIBRATES when they put it between their legs to fly. Come on—what were the creators of this toy thinking? She’ll keep playing with the Nimbus 2000, but with the batteries removed.”
:eek:
“I was afraid she would think it was too babyish, but she LOVES this toy. Even my daughter’s friends enjoy playing with this fun toy. I was surprised at how long they can just sit in her room and play with this magic broomstick.”
:smiley:

“My only problem I see with the toy is the batteries drain too fast and his sister fights him over it, so now I need to buy her one.”
:stuck_out_tongue:

Is this all a funny coincidence or are the folks at Mattel smarter than we think? Notice how the comments are all about how much the GIRLS love it, rather than the boys. A vibrating, battery-power stick to hold against the crotch. Perhaps in ten years we’ll have a large population of young women with fond, fond memories of their first Harry Potter toy?

Of course, the Christian Anti-Satan Lobby folks will have a field day with this…“They’re turning our little girls into scarlet women with their evil sensations of pleasure!”

:wink: :wink: :wink:

This is hysterical!!!

I agree with you on that count, Rhythmdvl!

With recommendations like that how can a gal resist.

…just off to order my new very own Harry Potter Vibrator uh I mean Broomstick…

From the manufacturer’s description:

"Enhancing the excitement are the vibrating effects."

I’ll say. Perhaps they’re planning an upcoming version with C-cell batteries? Or better yet, a 9-volt…
:smiley:

Are these parents dumb or just retarded?

Wow! That’s hilarious, I wonder how long those will be up?

Nuts, I was hoping at least one of the funny ones would show other products they’ve reviewed.

shakes head chuckling

Here’s another one. Yahoo

I doubt they’re parents at all, except for the one who took the batteries out.

Gee, to me this sounds like a good idea. Give your daughter her first vibrator in such an innocent disguise she won’t blush that is cme from dear old mom.

I’d want may daughter to know her body and be able to give herself orgasms. Why is this a bad thing? All the better if I don’t have to talk to her and embarrass her!

I know I’m kinda out of the loop on some things, but is this bullshit on the up?

Sounds like PR stuff to me…:rolleyes:

Either way, it is funny as Hell!

Have to get my wife one, maybe she’ll start cleaning the house.:smiley:

I especially like the “Add to wedding registry” option next to the product on the Amazon link.

One of the lady dopers should buy one and see if it gives the desired effect.

I will be glad to stand watch, and take notes of course.

No, some people are that dumb.

I don’t think that they’re dumb, just unconsciously clueless. I mean if you have pre-teen children, you don’t think about Harry Potter toys as potential sex aids. You’re too busy worrying about UL safety inspections, durability, and whether one kid’s gonna use it to hit his sibling on the head. You don’t think about little Janie’s first big O. Just like little Janie doesn’t want to think about you and your spouse gettin’ it on. Instinctively we de-sexualize our blood relatives.

Plus, I assume these are Americans, who as we all know, are conditioned to cram their natural sexuality into closets. And frankly this one is probably best left alone. Let the girls have their fun, as Lee has suggested. It’s either that or the hand-held shower nozzle…
But it’s still hilarious.

Jesus! This is better than the whole “mouse balls” instructions! ROTFLMAO

Ahem
Maybe you get it but then again maybe you don’t. These are not idiots or clueless people. They all understand exactly what’s and they are making a joke. A joke that was extremely successful judging by the number of blogs this is appearing on. The only serious reviews are the toy enthusist from NJ (and probably the review who prompted the others to submit joke reviews) and the toy enthusiast from Maine, USA.

I mean come on, don’t you want to write one too?

I guess there’s no need to mention the picture or the use of the phrase “box size”, huh?

Maybe anthropologist Michael Harner should try marketing a real “witch broome” for adults with atropine balm and see if anyone buys it.

I’m with Osiris on this - these are joke reviews.

IMHO there is a hobby industry in joke reviews on Amazon and the like - the more subtle, the more artistic, and the less likely they’ll be deleted out of hand by a vigilant Amazon drone. Check out this guy’s reviews.
[sub]note: I trimmed the URL slightly because I think the one offered by Amazon has my ID in it as a referral tag. Tested this one, seems to work. If not, search for reviewer name “Henry Raddick.”[/sub]

AmbushBug

Obviously you’re not from the Ozarks.

[sub]OW! Stop throwing things. It’s a joke, don’t hurt me.[/sub]