2009 Fall Cancellation Prediction thread

I started watching The Good Wife and turned it off after about 10 minutes. It just seemed like a typical lawyer drama. I started watching Mercy and turned it off after the nurse’s rant about what is actually sad.

Do you have DirecTV? They ran all episodes of The Nine on their channel 101. I didn’t watch or I’d tell you how it played out.

Hated *Modern Family. *The documentary format is already overdone. And poor Al Bundy just looked old. The two mothers were hot, but probably not hot enough to keep me. Having said that, the documentary format is the in thing right now, so I’m not yet ready to predict this show’s demise. But I won’t be watching.

Couger Town was mediocre, but I’ll give it another shot. But the green-screen effect was quite obvious to me and took me out of the show. Not sure if it is bad enough to be canceled yet.

Agree with AOP, Jenna Elfman is hot but always plays the same (annoying) character. The first ep sucked.

Apparently, it was so forgettable, I’ve already forgotten what green-screen effect was used. What are you talking about?

What is Courtney Cox’s job? She and the blond girl are real estate agents? Why were they showing houses together, with the other woman, who I assume also worked with them? I didn’t get it.

Any time you saw them outside they were actually filmed on a green screen and the background was placed in later. Or at least, so it appeared to me.

Ah, thanks. I was surfing here and semi-watching, so I didn’t even notice.

What helps is that (it’s my understanding that) John C. McGinley is like that in real life. Loads o’ fun at parties as long as he’s not talking about you. Courtney Cox seems like a nice enough person IRL.

It’s already been renewed for a second season.

Clevland Show renewed

Much as I wish it were otherwise, this fall is probably the last gasp of Medium. Really good writers might have extended it, but as it stands the show is just played out. Being dropped by one network is never a good sign, even if another network picks it up.

Yeah, but this is Fox. Just because the episodes are in the can doesn’t mean they’ll show them. And if it’s as bad as the commercials look, no one’s going to be watching it even if it does make it to season 2.

That wasn’t it. The show I’m thinking of was about an apartment complex who had people survive and some old woman.

I’m starting to think that I’m making this up.

Well, I can’t imagine why anyone would want to watch American Dad and that thing keeps festering around…

It’s gotten really funny since the painfully bad first season. It’s not super great fantastic TV on the level of Lost or anything, but it’s a funny show now.

Actually, you might be thinking of Day One. It doesn’t air until sometime in 2010. I’m guessing around Jan or Feb. I’m looking forward to it.

As for what will be cancelled this year, I agree with most of the suggestions up-thread. Although, I think Parks and Recreation might stick around a bit. I think it’s funny. Not the funniest thing on TV, but funny enough to keep NBC on.

I don’t think Heroes is going to survive much longer, to be honest. It seems pointless to try and continue it. What started out as a great first season must’ve been a fluke. I’ve almost completely lost interest. Now we’ve got carnies. Carnies?! Just put that one out of its misery.

I found myself watching this and thinking it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was supposed to be. The Office and 30 Rock have enough of the market of quirky characters though.

:(:(:frowning: NOOO! Don’t say that out loud, I LOVE Medium!!! I’m hoping it will do well paired up with Ghost Whisperer.

That’s the one that I was talking about. Shame I have to wait four or five months though.

I think after the firestorm of bitching they created after canceling Family Guy, Futurama, and Firefly (all three of which have returned in one way or another) that they’re probably being very, very cautious about canceling anything with a “cult”-style following.

While I like that idea (it’s probably why Dollhouse is still around, despite bad ratings), in the case of The Cleveland Show, I think the idea should have been dropped before they made one episode. The show will probably be a crapstain being dragged across the carpet on Sunday nights for several years, and they’ll never get rid of it in fear that there might be a few vocal fans.

It might get better, though. I really like American Dad, in fact I might like it better than Family Guy, so maybe MacFarlane can polish that turd into gold, but I really don’t think there’s enough concept there. American Dad has the advantage of not being connected to Family Guy, so there’s no expectation for it to be similar, but since Clevelend is ostensibly a spin-off, the Family Guy fans will probably be expecting just more Family Guy, and they won’t get it.

And the winner is…the CW’s The Beautiful Life, a supermodel soap exec’ed by Ashton Kutcher.