2010-2011 Fall TV Season Death Pool

So the 2010-2011 Fall TV Season started Wednesday with the premiere of Hellcats on The CW. Anybody watch it? With the lack of a thread, I’m guessing no. But do you think it’ll get canceled?

Welcome to the 2010-2011 Fall TV Season Death Pool.

Here’s a list of all the new shows premiering this month on the broadcast networks. Feel free to post which ones you think won’t make it more than a few episodes, which you think will have a long, happy broadcast life and which you plan to watch.

Monday
Lone Star (Fox) - 9/20
The Event (NBC) - 9/20
Mike & Molly (CBS) - 9/20
Chase (NBC) - 9/20
Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) - 9/20

Tuesday
Raising Hope (Fox) - 9/21
Running Wilde (Fox) - 9/21
Detroit 1-8-7 (ABC) - 9/21
No Ordinary Family (ABC) - 9/28

Wednesday
Hellcats (CW) - 9/8
Outlaw (NBC) - 9/15
Undercovers (NBC) - 9/22
Better With You (ABC) - 9/22
The Whole Truth (ABC) - 9/22
The Defenders (CBS) - 9/22
Law & Order: Los Angeles (NBC) - 9/29

Thursday
Nikita (CW) - 9/9
My Generation (ABC) - 9/23
S#*! My Dad Says (CBS) - 9/23
Outsourced (NBC) - 9/23

Friday
Blue Bloods (CBS) - 9/24
School Pride (NBC) - 10/15

More information about all these shows can be found here: http://www.tvguide.com/special/fall-preview/calendar.aspx

Monday
Lone Star (Fox) - 9/20
The Event (NBC) - 9/20
Mike & Molly (CBS) - 9/20 - Doomed.
Chase (NBC) - 9/20
Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) - 9/20 - Might watch just for the cast

Tuesday
Raising Hope (Fox) - 9/21
Running Wilde (Fox) - 9/21
Detroit 1-8-7 (ABC) - 9/21 - Doomed
No Ordinary Family (ABC) - 9/28 - Will watch.

Wednesday
Hellcats (CW) - 9/8
Outlaw (NBC) - 9/15
Undercovers (NBC) - 9/22
Better With You (ABC) - 9/22 - Doomed, but will watch just for the cast
The Whole Truth (ABC) - 9/22
The Defenders (CBS) - 9/22 - might make it a season or two
Law & Order: Los Angeles (NBC) - 9/29

Thursday
Nikita (CW) - 9/9
My Generation (ABC) - 9/23 - Doomed
S#*! My Dad Says (CBS) - 9/23 - Doomed
Outsourced (NBC) - 9/23 - Doomed

Friday
Blue Bloods (CBS) - 9/24
School Pride (NBC) - 10/15

Everything against CBS on Wednesday night is a goner. Friday night is a death slot anyway, so you can write off both of those shows already.

My boyfriend said he tried to watch Hellcats but it wasn’t as interesting as it looked in previews. I’m guessing that means there wasn’t that many scenes of young women jumping around. I thought the lead girl looked too bitchy in the previews to be a sympathetic character. So I’d definitely vote for this one failing.

I haven’t looked at too many other shows but I’d also pick Mike and Molly to fail. I don’t know the premise but I’m going to guess that people won’t want to watch two mobidly obese leads unless it’s The Biggest Loser or Jorge Garcia.
I have high hopes for the Hawaii 5-0 reboot, even though I usually don’t like remakes of childhood favorites, but everbody’s hot, it’s in Hawaii and I have a crush on Daniel Dae-Kim and a girl crush on Grace Park.

Chase and Running Wilde are getting bad buzz already so I’d say doomed for both.

I’d say Mike & Molly is doomed, but with utter shit like 2 & 1/2 Men going into its umpteenth year, who knows?

From everything I’ve heard, Outsourced is a huge pile of ass, as is whichever one is the courtroom drama with Jimmy Smits (the titles are too generic for me to remember).

I was thinking Mike And Molly would fail too, but with Two and a Half Men as a lead in, it may just stay alive

S#! My Dad Says* may or may not go under. It will depend on how well the Big Bang Theory does on Thursdays. If TBBT can’t bring it’s audience over to Thursdays it’ll quickly be moved to Monday and that’ll kill off both Mike and Molly and S#! My Dad Says*

The Hawaii Five-O remake is a TV series? I’ve heard they were doing to a remake but for some reason I assumed it was a feature movie like the remakes of Miami Vice or Swat.

I’m no good at predicting such things, but I will say what I plan to watch at least once:

Monday
Lone Star (Fox) - 9/20

Tuesday
Detroit 1-8-7 (ABC) - 9/21

Friday
Blue Bloods (CBS) - 9/24

The other shows I’ll be paying attention to are already “oldies.”

Nikita: 8 eps unless vast improvement; Alex is Ok, though.

Looks like the last season of Prison Break has had a huge influence on the writers.

I’m predicting S#*! My Dad Says to crash and burn horrifically, which probably means it will last 8 seasons.

I don’t think I’ve ever been so uninterested in a new group of shows before. Except for The Event, I probably won’t see any of these.

Running Wilde, S#*! My Dad Says, Detroit 1-8-7, and The Whole Truth are done for. I’d put definite money on it.

These are the ones I’m interested in. Especially No Ordinary Family.

Monday
The Event (NBC) - 9/20
Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) - 9/20

Tuesday
No Ordinary Family (ABC) - 9/28

Wednesday
Outlaw (NBC) - 9/15
Undercovers (NBC) - 9/22

Thursday
Nikita (CW) - 9/9

It’s on CW, so having no audience is no guarantee of failure.
I want The Event to be good, but I predict donkey ball suckage and a swift exit.

I can hardly be bothered to even look any of these up. They all sound like generic time-wasters. No way can I predict what will be good or what won’t, because nothing screams ‘watch this one!’… Several years ago, I read a synopsis of a new TV show coming up, in TV Guide. Just a paragraph, and a photo from the first episode. And I knew, I just KNEW, I HAD to watch that show - “Lost”. WTF? … Not this year.

Here’s my rundown so far of the pilots I’ve seen…

The Good:
Detroit 187 - NYPD Blue for today - great characters, great drama, a healthy dose of action and a cool, Friday Night Lights-esque visual style.
No Ordinary Family - normally I’d say that a light hour about a family that gains super powers is doomed from the start, but this had something cool about it. Not sure exactly what, but at least I’ll watch ep 2.
Nikita - a sexy, cool take on the classic character. I might be in love with Maggie Q.
Lone Star - doesn’t live up to the hype but it’s definitely a compelling drama. Main character is a bit too irredeemable for me.

The Bad:
Bleep my dad says - Shatner is fun for about five minutes. Everything else about the show is like nails grating across a chalk board.
Chase: super glossy and weirdly bright for a US Marshal show that’s about as deep as a puddle and as interesting as the inside of my shoe.
Undercovers: painfully hammy. I wanted to like it because the main characters are great together, but it’s just a silly, silly show. Silly dumb, not silly fun.

The Ugly:
The Event. A poor man’s Lost. Like a really poor man’s Lost. Like homeless and in need of help. Remember that moment in Indiana Jones 4 where you think “Aliens, really??? Aliens??” and then you have another two hours of irritating drivel to contend with before asking for those two hours of your life back? Thank God The Event is only 45 minutes long. It stank. I guarantee you this show will ask more questions than it could ever hope to answer without any of the intelligent writing in Lost or the great characters that we loved to watch each week. By the end of the pilot, inactively didn’t want to see any of these characters again, even if they were smoking hot.

Add My Generation to The Ugly list. Another unwatchable mess.

I watched Hellcats…:eek: It has a guy from Battlestar Gallactica in it…the Chief. The show stinks though.

By the time shows go into hiatus around Thanksgiving, Fox will have already dropped the two sitcoms airing after Glee in favor of more Glee reruns. They may burn off remaining episodes Sunday in the 7 and 7:30 pm slots (depending on how long football games go) but they’ll be effectively canceled.

I’m definitely going to watch Detroit 1-8-7 on Sept 21st at 10PM on ABC. I read about the production and apparently is really good. I was a big fan of The Wire and I’m still looking something similar on TV.