2015 Predictions

Might seem a bit premature, but here goes. Let’s make predictions of events we believe will transpire in 2015. Then, we can look back on this thread after the year has passed and see who was right.

Please try to make the predictions verifiable.

I predicted this thread would get zero replies. Go me!

You are wrong. :slight_smile: (since the year isn’t over)

No wonder my fortune telling business never got off the ground. And I thought it was a sure hit.

I think Donald Trump will not get the Republican nomination. (I’m pretty sure he won’t get the Democratic one either but that doesn’t seem like much of a prediction.)

I too predict that neither of those events will transpire in 2015. :slight_smile:

Just a few of my predictions for 2015:
[ul][li] New England Patriots beat Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl.[/li][li] Oregon governor resigns amid scandal.[/li][li] Ted Cruz enters race for president.[/li][li] Rolling Stone retracts controversial college rape article, shown to be bogus.[/li][li] Rand Paul enters race for president.[/li][li] Normalization of relations between United States and Cuba.[/li][li] Hillary Clinton enters race for president.[/li][li] Marco Rubio enters race for president.[/li][li] Increasing civil unrest in Baltimore over death of Freddie Gray; officers involved to stand trial.[/li][li] Bernie Sanders enters race for president.[/li][li] American Pharoah wins Kentucky Derby, Belmont Stakes, and Triple Crown.[/li][li] Carly Fiorina enters race for president.[/li][li] Ben Carson enters race for president.[/li][li] Mike Huckabee enters race for president.[/li][li] Dzhokhar Tsarnaev convicted of Boston Marathon bombing and sentenced to death.[/li][li] Shootout between rival biker gangs and police at Twin Peaks restaurant in Texas.[/li][li] David Letterman retires.[/li][li] Non-stop Congressional hearings over Benghazi and Clinton’s e-mails.[/li][li] Rick Santorum enters race for president.[/li][li] Martin O’Malley enters race for president.[/li][li] Lindsey Graham enters race for president.[/li][li] Lincoln Chafee enters race for president.[/li][li] Rick Perry enters race for president.[/li][li] Bruce Jenner becomes Caitlyn Jenner.[/li][li] Donald Trump enters race for president; against all expectations, becomes runaway leader in polls.[/li][li] Dylann Roof shoots up Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston.[/li][li] Bobby Jindal enters race for president.[/li][li] Supreme Court upholds subsidies for Obamacare in states that didn’t set up their own exchanges.[/li][li] Supreme Court rules Constitution guarantees right to same-sex marriage. Kim Davis ensues.[/li][li] Chris Christie enters race for president.[/li][li] Oregon legalizes recreational marijuana.[/li][li] Jim Webb enters race for president.[/li][li] Scott Walter enters race for president.[/li][li] Ashley Madison cheating site hacked; members outed. A famous evangelical reality TV family will be engulfed in the ensuing scandal.[/li][li] Daily Show host Jon Stewart retires.[/li][li] Stephen Colbert ends Colbert Report show; takes over Letterman’s show.[/li][li] Kid brings home-made electric clock to school; entire city of Irving, TX freaks.[/li][li] Pope Francis visits United States.[/li][li] John Boehner resigns.[/li][li] Kansas City Royals win the World Series.[/li][li] Mass shootings all over the place.[/ul][/li]
Wow. That’s a lot of predictions. I never knew I was that prescient!

So, how about the PowerBall numbers for this week?