2022 US West wildfire thread

Went past this tiny fire today:

Also saw smoke/haze from the fires in Weed.

The Mosquito Fire near the Oxbow Reservoir has doubled in size since this morning. Still 0% containment and of course we’re dealing with a heatwave in the area. Just over 48 hours since it was reported, it’s at well over 13,000 acres.

I’m fairly sure the haze we are seeing in Central AZ is related to the California wildfires. I hope that tropical storm in Mexico sends some rain your way!

Scary weekend coming up in Oregon. There’s a “red flag” warning for tonight through Saturday night due to high temperatures and heavy winds. There are planned power shutdowns for 40,000 households to minimize the chance of fires from downed lines, and the governor has told people in rural areas across the state to be ready to evacuate.

Unfortunately, I think it’s coming in much too far south. At least temperatures are dropping significantly after tomorrow. Supposedly.

I can hope that storm holds onto enough moisture as it comes inland to give you some rain.

My beloved Wallowa Mountains / Eagle Caps are burning up. :cry:

Mosquito keeps growing alarmingly fast. It’s doubled in size in the last 24 hours, still no containment.

I don’t see a 2023 fire thread so I’ll just post here to lament that fire season has already began. Who would’ve thought May would be the start of the season in of all places, Canada.

Smokey here in MT. I know the Edson/Hinton AB area–heavy timber and on the dry side of the Rockies. Going to be a tough season up there. We got over a half inch of rain last night, so yay us?

Do we need a new thread for 2023?

My best wishes to BC. There but for the grace of god, and all that

Started a thread for this year.