"24" Season 2, Episode 23 - 6:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m. (SPOILERS)

I didn’t think it was that out of character. There was no guarantee of the loss of 10,000 lives, the keyword risk in your quote. There’s pretty much a guarantee that the bombers will be shot down if they enter that airspace without permission though, which is a guaranteed loss of life.

Why did Kingsley kill the girl? It didn’t make any sense. I’d have brought her out of the country with me and banged her every day in piles of money from my increased oil sales due to the war.

I wonder how it’s going to end though. Can’t wait for next week.

Hey, guys. I thought we were supposed to put plot details in spoiler boxes until after 10PM Pacific time. Was that not the etiquette here?

I think the West Coasters just stay out of the thread till after they watch it.
It’s the previews that have to be in spoiler boxes.

OK, got it. I usually just skip over any obvious plot references, but I thought I read somewhere about that being the etiquette. Must’ve been another thread.

I’m amazed that there are people who don’t watch the previews. What are they afraid of? It’s not like the producers are going to let out any real secrets.

And yes, as Max Carnage and c_goat asked, should we have known who Kingsley’s aide was? They lingered on her so much, I thought, “Okay, who is she? Did we see her at 8:00 or 9:00 yesterday morning and we should remember her?”

And why did he kill her?
Actually, I thought it was her picking up the letter opener. I was surprised to see her dead and him looking at the body. I thought she was going to kill him.

Kim’s character keeps getting better, IMHO. She might be quite tolerable in the third season, even when she’s not running in a tight shirt.

Hehe It’s fun watching Sherry being put in her place. She’s whining up and down about an itty bitty little cut in her side, and Jack’s basically having a heart attack and doing his best to shrug it off.

Looks like the finale is going to be pretty sweet. I wonder, though, how much they might leave unresolved or have happen in order to set up season three?

Don’t bond with her! Looks like Kinglsey was going to shred her!

Sorry, but I got all kinds of bad feelings when Kate collected Kim. I don’t trust her. And I think she might just be a bad person. Maybe Kim will get to shoot her after all! You go, Kim!

And I was hoping Palmer would tell Mike Novick to go and do anatomically impossible things to himself when Mike came sniveling for David to call the Turkish guy. Would have served everybody right!

I don’t know what the heck is going on at the CTU. Is anybody in charge??? “Rogue agent?” Loved that title for Jack. Jack Bauer, Rogue Agent! It has class.

Sherry was damn right. Jack should have let her drive that fool.

That’s right, I said Jack was a fool. Jack was such a SAF in this ep., shooting and effectively killing his and the world’s only hope.

I avoid the previews. For sure there are things in them that blow any sense of surprise or suspense when you’re watching the next week-- for example I was inadvertantly exposed to the news that Lynne was going to be taken out in a fall down the stairs (in one of these threads, I think), and so the next week the whole time she was locked in the storage room there was no suspense: “Yeah, yeah, she’s going to get out of there in a bid to escape, but get killed before she can warn Palmer. Yada yada. Just get it over with and let’s see what happens next.”

annieclaus, Kingsley already did the deed! It was easy to miss, just a quick shot in one of the split-screen affairs at the very end.

I don’t know if she was in the series earlier (maybe for like two seconds), but I think the actress was this chick who was in Rush Hour 2. Not sure about that, though.

I also saw the episode via BitTorrent and thought it was pretty weak. I’m guessing there’s gonna be a TON unresolved in the season finale.

Quix

Can we stop with the “oh no Jack is in danger” cliffhangers? Come on, everyone knows he’s going to survive.

And yeah, I agree that this episode was pretty boring. I hope that they are setting up for a huge finale, but for once I watched the preview for next week and it seems like hardly anything will be resolved. I hope the “big twist” they are planning isn’t simply Sherry getting killed by Kingsley.

And I too was also confused by Kingsley’s aide. Are we supposed to know who she was? Why did he kill her? Why should we care? Maybe the recap on the fox web site will say something else.

Are they trying to make us think that Kate is a baddie? Can’t be.

Palmer’s phone call to the Turkish PM was in character, as he explained. The planes were going to fly no matter what. He just wanted to save a few lives.

This episode sure had it’s share of beyond belief sequences:

What was the point of having Kingsley’s assistant in there at all? Did the writers think we were unsure of his utterly EVIL nature? I just saw him try to kill a million people. I don’t need to see him kill one more to drive home the point. And, yeah, she had some nice tits, but frankly he should’ve been boffing someone 10 yrs younger at least.

The helicopter pilot is going to abort a mission based on bitchy computer lady’s relayed message from Chappel? Come on, that’s just too much.

Meanwhile, big bad Sherry can’t move off the couch until Jack gets back and puts a torn piece of sheet on her wound.

But I did like the part where Jack can’t quite follow the directions to find the right file on the laptop. I think he was actually on the line with the Microsoft help desk.

It’ll be interesting to see how this all gets wrapped up in one more hour!

Yeah, that’s what I do. I wouldn’t open the thread after 6 PM PST until after the show has aired here. I think most west coasters do the same. Even if it were standard practice to use spoiler boxes until after PST air time, some folks are not going to know that, so the prudent west coast viewer will just not open the thread between 6 and 10 PM PST.

Anyway, I thought it was an okay episode. I laughed out loud at Sherry telling Jack “You wouldn’t dare hurt me!” Heh, she don’t know him very well, do she? Good Tony and Michelle scenes. I really like those two. Michelle is one tough cookie, but I was really wishing she’d knock that bitch Carrie out.

“Where are you going?”
“None of your fucking business.” POW!

A few obligatory nitpicks:[ul]
[li]It’s pretty absurd that Kingsley has all these teams out looking for Hacker Dude, but somehow fails to send anybody to look in the guy’s apartment. No, he wouldn’t be there…[/li][li]After Chapelle & Co. arrested Tony and Michelle, there’s no way they’d lock them up in the same room, giving them a chance to get their stories together.[/li][li]Sherry said to Kingsley, “You’re just trying to keep me on the line long enough so you can trace it.” Why does Hollywood still do this? Who doesn’t know by now that with modern technology, calls can be traced pretty much instantaneously? *69, anyone? But shows and movies still use that old dramatic technique. “Keep him on the line! Just two more minutes…”[/ul][/li]
Anyhoo, does anyone else get the feeling that they’re not going to wrap this up in one more show? I smell season-ending cliffhanger.

Speculation: When she showed up, she claimed to have brought “all the recordings and data.” The one thing we do know about her is that she is one of the few who knew how Cyprus recordings were faked. It also appears (to me, anyway,) that she may have been fixing to betray Kingsley. Kingsley expected her to deliver Alex Hewitt as well, but she said they didn’t have enough “lead time.” This sounds like she is claiming to have picked up all the evidence from his loft, and that she found that he’d already flown the coop. However, we know that she wasn’t there. Maybe there was an intended ambiguity when Kingsley told her “I have a feeling I’m being set up.” She seemed to register a brief look of guilt and apprehension there.

Who was the rich guy on the boat? Did I miss a part where he was introduced earlier?

I don’t think it’s going to be all wrapped up. Last year they had to wrap up the plot because they didn’t know if the series would be picked up in the fall.

Now that they know, they’re free to write a cliffhanger ending. I think we’ll see the end of a one of the secondary threads to give us a sense of conclusion (i.e. the bombers will be called back and Palmer will be reinstated, or Jack will get Kingsley), but the other thread will continue. And, we’ll probably get a teaser thrown at us like Nina will appear, or the Germans from last season, or something. Something to keep us guessing through the summer.

Ferrous:

Yeah, I got it about the spoilers.

I think they locked Michelle and Tony in one room because it appeared they only had 2 holding rooms and one just had the door kicked in. But you’re right. Putting them together is stupid.

And I agree about next week-- don’t see how they can possibly tie things up. 48 next season…?

Sam:

I was wondering about the guy on the boat, too. I guess I just chalked it up as “interchangeable-rich-evil-industrialist”.

I thought Kingsley’s Very Personal Assistant Who Knew Too Much looked like the handy lady terrorist who blew up the 747 in Episode 1 last year, but I’m pretty sure she got offed. Nice eye candy while she lasted though.

When Kim & Kate were staring each other at the house, I offered this MSTism: “We have the same hair!”

Not sure how they’ll wrap this up next week. I have half the mind to think they’ll actually have Jack fail and war start! Have to have something to do next year!

Speaking of which, will Nina get shoehorned into next weeks finale too? Or is that the plot for next year… Hmmmm.

*69 doesn’t reveal the location of a cell-phone call.

And yeah, I think it’s gonna be a cliffhanger. I think the producers have already said that this year will have material leading up to the next season, and I think by that they mean more than just the whole Palmer thing.

And my first thought about the lady with the torn shirt over her cleavage being killed was that Kingsley killed her because he’s trying to eliminate any link between him and the recordings, as in the classic Hollywood cliche.