7 Jan 2021 and beyond - the aftermath of the storming of the Capitol

Did you remember that or were you able to find the original column? Because I tried but could not find it earlier.

I’d googled and found this.

Rachel Maddow said that Milley is not in the chain of command and so has no authority over military officials, so, it’s more likely that he asked to be involved rather than issued orders. This applied to Schlesinger as well. But I would guess both had the support of military officials who likely wanted to avoid nuclear war also.

Okay, I laughed my ass off at that. Serious stuff, but that was splendid. :smiley:

Trying to remember someone’s quote from back in the day about looking into Quayle’s blue eyes and seeing clear through to the back of his head.

At least, when asked the most important question of his life, he came up with the right answer.

He did.

I heard a news commentator say last night, “I admit, Dan Quayle being the savior of our democracy wasn’t on my bingo card,” or something like that.

You don’t have to be a genius, or even a spelling-bee winner, to be true to your oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

That is certainly true. It was nice to see Dan Quayle prove it.

Here’s some news:

Quayle may be stupid, but he’s not crazy.

And he demonstrated that he has rock solid integrity. I always admire that.

Only in 'Murrica, amirite?

Complete headline:
D.C. street closures for Saturday’s rally in support of Jan. 6 insurrection defendants

Several streets in Washington will be closed starting as early as Thursday as officials put up fencing ahead of a rally on Saturday where demonstrators plan to gather in support of those arrested during the Jan. 6 insurrection by a pro-Trump mob.

According to an email sent to U.S. Senate staff on Wednesday and obtained by The Washington Post, crews are putting up fencing in areas around the Capitol, which was attacked on Jan. 6 by supporters of President Donald Trump who were trying to overturn President Biden’s election victory.

May it be loud but safe, and may no one be hurt or killed.

Nah, may it be quiet because almost nobody shows up for it.

Well, yes, that would be OK too - but unlikely.

I’m sure there are still some demonstrators that the investigators are trying to identify, and this weekend’s rally may be a good place to find them - returning to the scene of the crime.

Would you prefer they only close streets for protests you agree with?

If the rules only apply when it’s easy, you don’t need the rules.

Why would a Texan complain about some street closures in DC?

May a lightning storm strike with deadly and vengeful accuracy.