_______ vs. _______ (Comic Book All-Time Battle + The Next Doper Decides)

Until you start throwing in people like Zoom, who I wasn’t since he’d tip the scales too grossly and even LOOKS like a banana peel. I agree that the nuts are more adaptable mentally, but the Rogues certianally have the physical edge. Hm, perhaps the better question would be, who would last longer in the other’s city? Batman in Central/Keystone or Flash in Gotham?

And this IS a fun thread. Makes me wish somebody would start a draft thread (I wanna make my own Initiative team!), but I’m a geek like that and proud of it.

The Sinestro Corps, if it indeed has equal membership to the GLC, is 7200 members strong. And that’s *before * you get to Parallax, Cyborg Superman, Superboy Prime and the freaking Anti-Monitor.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I think the JSA could take the core leadership team, given enough time, but what made it through the solid yellow wall of Super-villainy guarding them would be easily mopped up.

My turn:
Teen Titans
(Current team: Robin, Supergirl, Wonder Girl, Miss Martian, Ravager, Kid Devil)
vs.
Astonishing X-Men:
(Cyclops, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Collossus, Wolverine, Armor, Beast)

Some of the X-Men’s all-time heavy hitters against teenagers? Though Armor’s youth and inexperience is likely to be the weak link in the chain, the rest of the mutants are either too powerful, too ruthless or too experienced both individually and as teammates for these titanic teens to overcome them. X marks the spot.

Next fight:

Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr. & Mary Marvel

versus

Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell), Captain Marvel (Genis-Vell) and Captain Marvel (Phyla-Vell)

I really don’t think the Titans stand a chance in this one. Kitty Pryde and Armor could even sit this one out if they wanted. The filthy mutie scum roll in this one.

Omega Red vs. Gorilla Grodd

Come on, the Titans have a Kryptonian, the chosen of Ares, and a Martian on the team! That’s more power than the most X-Teams in any one of them, and still only half the team. Don’t count the Titans out.

I’d bet on Omega Red. His weakening pheromone would sap Grodd’s attempts to place him under telepathic control.

Frenchy the Clown vs. Obnoxio the Clown.

Crud, I was going to say all of the Captain Marvels.

The Kree Marvels just aren’t a match physically for the Shazam family. Cosmic Awareness might let them hold out a bit. If you threw in Photon then it’s a tougher call since I think she and the Fawcett Marvels would stalemate each other (she can’t hurt them but they can’t get to her).

Frenchy mainly because anything that kills Obnoxio is worth it in my book.

Next Match: The Silver Age Fortress of Solitude vs. the Batcave as a viewer call-in vote after appearing on Cribs

Since no one responded, Night Nurse is surprisingly competent (see the recent Dr. Strange: The Oath miniseries) but Nightwing just pushes her over.

There is no bat guano all over the floor of the Fortress. Simple call.
3 Way Brawl!
Mrs. Incredible (nee, Elastigirl) vs. Mr. Fantastic vs The Elongated Man.

Battleground is downtown Chicago, so nobody has “home turf” advantage.

Mr. Fantastic since he’s the smartest and therefore best at untying himself from the knot that battle will become.

Holy War. Garth Ennis’ Preacher vs. Spectre.

They should also fight naked and covered in cocoa butter. OK, maybe “fight” isn’t the word. Either way, it would be worth seeing! :slight_smile:

And Cyclops is currently depowered. I think it would come down to Miss Martian and Emma Frost - whoever is the better out of them could easily control the most powerful members of the other team (except Kitty, maybe, but there’s nothing she could do about it). I’d probably give it to Emma, due to experience, and so the X-Men as a whole.

I think Zoom (or Inertia, or so on) could probably do some significant damage, but i’d still have to give it to Batman’s guys. Some of them are smart enough to think their way around it, assuming they have time.

As to locations, it depends; does Batman get time to build himself a new base, store weapons, check out the city so his knowledge of it is equal to his of Gotham? I can picture Flash being tricked into doing the villain’s bidding, though easily beating some of them. If Batman gets (and I can’t believe i’m actually making this argument) prep time, then i’d go with him. If not, he’s a man in rubber.

I like Jesse but I don’t think he can win this one. He just doesn’t like using the Word and he’s got buttons that the Spectre can push. The best result for Jesse is if the Spectre enters him and then it becomes a three way battle between Jesse, Genesis, and the Wrath of God since there’s no way the Spectre could stand up to Genesis but that fight would probably kill Jesse anyway.

The Elements of Doom vs the Metal Men and Doc Magnus

Just for sheer number, the Elements of Doom win it.

Batroc ze Lepair vs. The Riddler

Batroc. Riddler tries his lame riddles but is defeated when none of them translate properly into French.

Hawkman vs. the Vulture.

No contest. Hawkman is a true warrior and takes out the ol’ geezer with his vastly superior fighting prowess.

Nightwing vs. Winter Soldier

Nightwing. Winter’s been basically skulking around killing normal people. Night’s been fighting battles he shouldn’t have won since the days of pixie boots.

Taskmaster vs. Batgirl (Cassandra Cain).

All Taskmaster has to do is play defense until he has Cain’s fighting style down. He then proceeds to lay the thump on her.

Rocket Red vs. Crimson Dynamo

Rocket Red wins on comedic value alone.

Dilton Doiley vs. Gyro Gearloose?