_______ vs. _______ (Comic Book All-Time Battle + The Next Doper Decides)

Ma Kent is a farm girl and has those farm girl muscles, but Aunt May grew up on the mean streets of Queens and will be better versed in dirty tricks. Still, I have to give the edge to Ma Kent. Anyone who can tell Superman and Supergirl to eat their vegetables or no dessert wins.

Saturday morning TV versions:
Isis versus Captain Marvel?

Isis has it going on but Captain Marvel has her outgodded 7-1.

Let’s keep the live action corniness going!

Batman & Robin vs. Electra-Woman & Dyna Girl!

You’re kidding, right? Batman and Robin win, preparation be darned.

Captain America vs. General Glory?

The General may have actual powers but Cap has taken down your standard brick before without too much trouble. I never got the impression that General Glory was highly skilled so I have to go with Cap.

Creator fight (sticking to comic creators written in by other creators): Jack Kirby (Waid used him in Fantastic Four), Jim Shooter (Byrne dropped him into Starbrand), Richard Pini (Isabella in Ghost Rider), and Grant Morrison (Ostrander used him in Suicide Squad).

Kirby in a landslide. In one of his most memorable comic book appearances, he was the Thing (in a “What If…?” story.) But mainly, cuz he’s cooler than Shooter, Pini & Morrison all together.

TV time: Catwoman (Eartha Kitt) vs. Catwoman (Halle Berry);
Catwoman (Julie Newmar) vs. Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer);
Catwoman (Lee Merriwether) vs. Catwoman (animated version voiced by Adrienne Barbeau)

Yeah, look how doughy his face is - he looks like he can take a punch standing.

Hrrrrmmph! Alright fine:

Superboy-Prime vs Thor

Much more lopsided. Modern Superman isn’t vulnerable to magic, it just affects him like anyone else. Superboy-Prime is vulnerable to magic; one mjolner hit and he’s pulped.

Not including a new match with Catwomen still out there.

I think we should have a deathmatch between Just Some Guy and JustanotherGeek.

Eartha Kitt takes Halle Berry’s Catwoman without breaking a sweat, even in her vinyl outfit.

Sadly, although Julie Newmar puts up a good fight, Pfeiffer has the advantage of being able to come back from the dead.

As far as Cwoman v Cwoman III, I don’t know. Merriwether has the advantage of being, um, 3d, so I’ll go with her.

John Constantine (NOT the movie version) vs. Supes.

::JustAnotherGeek picks up bigbabysweets2000 and uses him to batter Just Some Guy about the head::

Bam!
Ker-pow!
[RIGHT]SPLAT!![/RIGHT]

Wait, I though SB-P wasn’t affected by magic (and has a cool new suit). 'Zat new?

Another one where everyone wins, but that’s probably not the answer you want.

Catwoman Bracket 1 Kitt vs. Berry: Eartha beats Berry down no question. Eartha Kitt looks like she’d fight dirty. Berry looks like she’d be worried about breaking a nail.

Bracket 2 Newmar vs Pfeiffer: Pfeiffer wins. Her Catwoman was crazy and crazy always wins.

Bracket 3 Merriwether vs. Animated Barbeau: Never bet against a toon.

I’m on an Ennis kick, so we’ll go with an absolutely no holds barred super team brawl. The Boys vs. The Crime Syndicate.

/me is amused that she and Harborwolf are basically in agreement.

Course if we’re going by new, Thor has the Odinpower and he goes medieval on Junior and his new suit. Never send a superboy to do a superman’s job.

Gaa, Ennis’s stuff just flat annoys me sometimes. Man needs to learn a new tune. I call the CSA to stomp them in five pages.

Airwolf vs. The Rocketeer.

Or

Karate Kid vs. Deathstroke.

Deathstroke came very close to taking out the Flash, Hawkman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, the Atom, Elongated Man, and the Green Lantern in less than three pages. Karate Kid doesn’t stand a chance.
Madcap vs. Madman

I might have missed the bit where they made him invulnerable to magic, but I was treating him as a pre-Crisis Kryptonian and they are extremely vulnerable to magic.

Nope, he got punched by Black Adam and it didn’t much hurt him. He’s too damn powerful IMHO.

Enough with the train wrecks,

Cyclops vs. Havok.

:smiley:

I was this close to writing out this sequence in Clairmontian dialog but good taste overcame that urge.

After wasting several pages of shooting each other and reminding each other that their powers don’t effect each other, Cyclops pushes Havok to the ground while commenting on their relationship. Then they hug and the whole thing (including the massive collateral damage) is immediately forgotten. Technically a win for Cyclops.

With great power comes an inconsistant, confusing, and very common weakness: The population of Daxam vs. the population of Mars (or where ever the white martians hide out).

The pre-crisis vulnerability to magic was never depicted as a vulnerability to magically derived strength (see the All Star Squadron issue where Supes fights Captain Marvel because of the Spear of Destiny for a good example). So I wouldn’t expect it to work that way for SBP. Mjolner, OTOH, is a magical weapon and those were depicted as causing injury pre-Crisis Kryptonians.