A Change in Plans MMP

Of the bourbon variety. :slight_smile:

I’ve never seen canned tongue. It’s not hard to fix from scratch.

This. I am so happy he’s home. Been thinking about it all day.

I asked nicely and we had salmon patties, mashed taters and English peas. No bizqits though. I asked for Whoop bizqits but he forgot those.

So I get another surprise truck tomorrow.:mad: I can haz Powerball win?

:confused:

lobster and oysters. Because you used to have to be dirt poor to eat giant sea roaches and living snot.

What what The Cute One[sup][sup]TM[/sup][/sup] said.:slight_smile:

There’s a neighbor’s Weiner Dog that wants to fight Gordie.

Not even over Macho Grande?

Hey, that was MY punch line, ruble! Go get your own. :mad: :wink:

And don’t call me Shirley. :stuck_out_tongue:

Off to bed.

Back in the day, when we were too po’ even for canned salmon, there was always a shelf full of home-canned mullet. I’m pretty sure that canned mullet is the reason I would rather starve than eat canned fish (except salmon, after it’s been squished up with good stuff and fried.) There was a span in my early childhood when Daddy’s union was on strike. We ate a lot of game, and yard eggs, and at least a couple of superannuated hens and the mean rooster. I actually enjoyed a couple of nights when supper was milk and bread. Pork neckbone and rice is fine eating. Fried squirrel isn’t bad, with enough gravy. But I went to bed hungry rather than eat canned mullet!

A story that Spidey (or SpiderDad) will appreciate: before I was a gleam in his eye, my father and his buddy were transferred to my mother’s hometown, in October of 1966. Neither had transferred their voter registrations, so on election day, they got off work at 5 pm, in Baxley, Georgia, and were racing towards Savannah to vote by 7. Daddy was driving - he had a souped up '64 Fury - and crossed the Altamaha River bridge flying low. Naturally, there was a deputy waiting on the other side of the county line. Being a 23-year-old in a hot car, on a mission of civic duty, Daddy outran the deputy for a couple of miles, but finally felt sorry for the fellow, and pulled over to wait for his ticket. He got lucky, too - the deputy gave him a courtesy warning, and the voters arrived just in time to cast their ballots. And my father was as good as his promise - he didn’t speed in Tattnall County after that.

Hooray for SahKitty and SahSon! Glad both situations worked out. And I agree - microchip sounds like a very good idea for Mercury!

Thanks for the advice about cheese chilling. About 3 pounds is in the freezer now. Texture be damned - the 4-year-old will eat an 8-ounce block if she can sneak it out of the fridge, as it turns out!

Yay for cat return!

Yay for Spidey returning to proper locomotion!

I noticed that I did NOT finish my earlier post. :smack:

I will return to my previous effort.

Drae I was going to give you a note to leave early, but I am wayyyy too late. I am sorry. :frowning:

Nuts you have axolotls?! :eek: I haz jealousy. Pics?

So far I have not had to change plans for these two weeks. I have gotten a lot of crap re. getting a rental in Barcelona due to being self-employed, but yesterday I got the final say from the agent I was working with saying I’ve been approved by the insurance people (the owner had to kick somebody out once so now she requires nonpayment insurance). I’m all set up to sign for the flat on the 2nd, and the cable guy is coming on the 4th; on Friday when they pick up the stuff from Valladolid I have to confirm with the movers if they will deliver on the 3rd or the 4th.

The people from the new job have asked for my ID and full name to set up my userIDs, I asked if they could pretty please use an email ID which isn’t the whole kit and caboodle. And the housing agents have asked for my bank info so they can transfer the utilities.

This afternoon I want to call the body shop and ask how is my car coming along, because if I’m going to need the rental for another week I’d rather know already :stuck_out_tongue:

PS: the autocorrector knows Barcelona but not Valladolid. Valladolid. Valladolid. Valladolid. Is too a word, you thing.

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work.

She’s a completely different Doper. :smiley:

The ortho appointment went pretty well. No x-rays (my foot will probably glow in the dark at this point), but my foot is healing. I had three incisions, one on each side of my foot and a tiny one in my heel. All of the stitches came out (and the two staples in my heel) and I am now in a walking boot. My foot hurts like a mofo when I walk because it’s not used to bearing weight and because it was just operated on. So I’m using crutches to bear some of the weight while I get used to walking on two feet again.

Anyone know how to deal with itchy, healing incisions?

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 53 Amurrkin out and partly cloudy with a predicted high of 85 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. And dry. We are in dire need of rain. I shall finish spiffin’ up da cave today. I shall also go to the burly butcher sto’ bein’ as there is a sale on Boston <snerk> butts! <snerk> and chikin boobs today. Ima crank up the smoker on Thursday and smoke some <snerk> butts! <snerk> and chikin boobs. A friend’s brother and sil are in town (makin’ their annual pilgramage from Ohio to Flahrduh for the Winter) and they’re all comin’ over Sattidy for some bbq. I’ll use one of the <snerk> butts! <snerk> for bbq and the rest plus the chikin boobs will go in da freezer for later usage. I like to do that when I crank the smoker up.

Sari yay for kitty comin’ back!

Rockin’ yay for stitches/staples bein’ gone and for learnin’ to walk on two feet again!

Nava hope the move goes smooth. Autocorrect argues with me over the spellin’ of my IRL name all the time.

OK, I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy wants sustenance. Then I shall finish spiffin’ da cave and then make myself presentable for the public. I think I shall also get some smoked chikin whilst I’m at the sto’ and build dindin around that.

Happy Tuesday Y’all!

I suggest getting one of these. They’re cheaper on Amazon & I got a second velcro strap that I jury-rigged over my arch as I was coming out of it like a cheap flip flop at first. Great in concept, could use a little work in execution, though as the stretchy rubber was a bit loose; I recommend getting the smaller size if you’re on the border between two sizes.

Hooray for walking on two feet and moving to new cities and cats coming home and stuff! Last night I finally got delivery of my fancy new phone, then spent some time in the driveway oohing over a friend’s new-to-her car. I did absolutely none of the cleaning/organizing/sheet-changing I had intended to do, but I’m okay with that. Roomie has class tonight and BoyRoomie and I rarely agree on what to watch together, so I’ll do all that cleaning and laundry tonight. I just have to decide if it’s time to change to the flannel sheets. Overnight lows are in the neighborhood of freezing, so it might be time.

I need to finish putting things in boxes.

It’s just the tail ends left, but sometimes the tail looks bigger than the tiger.

blurf

sari - how is kitteh this morning?

Blurf I overslept and missed Louie’s vet appt for a toenail trim. I called and rescheduled for later today which means I will have to leave work early. No fear, on Sat. I get to manage the annual fantasy fest shuttle which will have me working from 3PM on Sat until 3AM on Sunday. Oh Joy!

Happy Toosday!

It’s a bit nippy out this morning, but the sun is shining.

Rosie the cat is a bit annoyed because I won’t let him back outside. I don’t want an indoor/outdoor cat, but I think he may have other ideas.
Right now he is napping on top of his favorite box, which contains a case of TP. I don’t know what he is going to do when I finally unpack it.
I may name him Moocher, because every time one of us sits down to eat he is right there begging for food. I’m also thinking that after his little ‘adventure’ I may name him DiMucci, and his nickname can be Mooch.

Today is catch up on what didn’t get done yesterday. I have to call my mother today, she called twice yesterday when I was in the shower and I never called her back. I have to call the vet to set up the cat’s free appointment. He already has a chip, the shelter puts one in all the pets they take in. I want to get his nails trimmed, they keep getting caught in things like the carpet, my leg, the couch…

Happy moving** Nava**

Happy walking Rockin’

I need to get some breakfast, although I suppose it should be called lunch.

Not with the drinking problem and all.

<singing>
You’ll be swell! You’ll be great!
Gonna have the whole world on the plate!
Starting here, starting now,
honey, everything’s coming up roses!
Clear the decks! Clear the tracks!

See above and
Shiiiiit, maaaaan. That honky muf’ be messin’ mah old lady… got to be runnin’ cold upside down his head, you know?

Now on to Jewish Sports Legends.
:wink:

Today is Halloween in Da Jumgle so I broke out my 1750s French officer’s gear. One of the underclass managers actually is French so I’m going as his great-great-great-great-great-grandfather.

I’ma go back to sleep. Y’all behave while I’m gone

peaches, my dad was on strike for 23 weeks when I was eight. We ate a lot of beans, eggs, fish, garden veggies and crawdads we caught in the creek in addition to the aforementioned canned fish. I still like salmon patties and will eat canned tunafish.

I need to stop to vote early one day this week. I’ll be working on the GreatPumpkin for the next couple of evenings though, so maybe I’ll just tough it out and vote at the regular time.