A-choo! The MMP

That sounds scrumptious! I tried making pot roast in the slow cooker yesterday for the first time - put it in about 9 in the morning on low, and it was literally fall apart tender by suppertime. Good onion gravy from the cooking liquid, too, although I was drooling over some recipes which used cream soups for the liquid. Way too much salt for my wife, unfortunately.

I finally got around to doing taxes last weekend, and did the returns for me and my wife, my daughter and son-in-law, and my sister-in-law, and started my dad’s. I checked my tax account yesterday and my refund will be deposited later this week. I then spent almost an hour in my accounts trying to get the return results and refund to balance properly against the final tax totals before finally realizing that I had screwed up the 2013 totals by posting last year’s refund on the receipt date rather than for Dec 31st. And I’m supposed to be doing this accounting stuff for a living!

My daughter gave me the complete BlackAdder series with all the specials for Christmas, and me and the missus are watching them all from the beginning. Except for Blackadder’s Christmas Carol, which we watch every Christmas of course, it’s been years since I watched most of these, and I had completely forgotten a couple of the episodes.

Either I made a typo or Jim is joining the mile high club. :smiley:

Parmeasan Chicken in oven, moshpit upstairs, hockey on the TV. Good times.

“If [del]mom[/del]the pilot ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy.”

Hellooooooo, stewardess!:smiley:

rosie, I watched World War Z this afternoon. I laughed when it turned out Peter Capaldi was running the WHO lab in Cardiff, Wales. :smiley:

Welcome, bookkeeper! I haven’t seen Blackadder in a while. We’ll have to find an unofficial nickname for you(Dewey?).

Howdy, Mumpers! I’ve actually made it here on a Monday. Woo hoo!

I’ve read, but didn’t retain much, so rosie’s sig to all!

Hugs all.

GT

gt! : tacklehug :

The movie; not humans in spandex. I’ll leave that to you. :wink:

Howdy y’all. Moanday over. 1 down and 4 to go. Damn allergies kicking my behind too.

Rosie’s sig.

Good morning.

It’s cold here in west central Indiana. We did not get the 1" of snow that we were promised. I’m fine with that. I hope it doesn’t decide to show up today, either.

My agenda for the day will include housework, and laundry. I think I’ll make Salisbury steaks for dinner, with rice, and vegetables.

I’m sad. I found out that a family friend died on Sunday evening. He thought he had heartburn, and went to take a nap. He went to sleep, and never woke up. I guess that if I had to go, that would be the best way to do it. He’ll be missed by many.

Have a good day, everyone.

Up, caffeinated, off to work. Hockey tonight. Blurf is gone. :slight_smile:

{{{{Ace}}}}

: waves at Butters :

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffienatin’. YAWN 'Tis 53 Amurrkin out with a predicted high of 64 and windy for the day. The weather PTB say 32 tonight with a high of 58 tomorrow. We are not amused at that. Then a warmup but rain on Firday and Sattidy is predicted.

{{{Ace}}} so sorry for the loss of your friend.

Spidey if you’re goin’ for tights, might as well just be nekkid I say.

Butters hope you’re over the allergics soonest. Feelin’ it a little bit this mornin’ myself. ICK!

Welcome back Nuts!

Bookie it’s been years since I’ve seen Black Adder. Now I’m jonesin’ for the whole series.

Ok, I need more caffiene and rumbly tummy is hongry. Then, alas and alack, irk purtification must commence.

Happy Tuesday Y’all!

Good morning - I woke just before 6 and couldn’t fall back to sleep, so I’m having a nice, quiet breakfast, waiting for the stoopit snow. I fear we’ll go from winter to summer without a break for open-window weather.

Could be worse. I suppose. Stoopit weather.

Happy Tuesday anyway. Good luck, sari!!

Harrumph. That is all.

Ugh, why am I up? Oh yeah, because I have a “respectable” job…I still think being an adult is grossly over-rated.

At least my work computer is finally being “upgraded” to Windows 7 tonight. Hopefully by now, they’ve worked out all of the kinks.

You too huh?:dubious:

Would have dearly loved to pull a sick day out and play the new expansion for Diablo III but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I had to be all responsible and go to irk.:smack:

There is a section on of the gym set up for a 30 minute cicuit of machines plus aerobics. 1 minute of machine then 1 minute of aerobics then go to the next machine and repeat, there is a stoplight to time it all. I swears, you either get, people who use the machines as seats so they can text and are annoyed when asked to move (and then refuse), people who are not doing the circuit and spend more than a minute on the machine and or just go to random machines, and my favorite from last night, the lady who turned the 30 minute routine into 90 minutes. She would do a minute plus of extremly sloooooooooooooooooooooow reps, followed by a sloooooooooooooooooooooow walk over to get her water, followed by a slooooooooooooooooooooooow aerobic half hearted attempt at something, followed by a slooooooooooooooooooooooooooow walk over to get water then move on to the next machine. Now before someone says well maybe thats all she could do, from appearances only she did not seem to be struggling/winded in anyway with any of the exercise, just taking her sweet time and oblivious to anyone who was trying to move a more than a glacial pace. There are other spots in the gym with the same equipment (just not all together) that she could have done her exercise at her pace. The 30 minute place just wasn’t it!

Happy Toosday!

No rain, no snow, so far so good.
Just got call from realtor, we are going to meet up later. My friend can’t go with me today because she is sick, I hate doing that long drive by myself. Maybe I’ll drag Sah-son with me, he’ll love that.
His enthusiasm for moving is right up there with getting a root canal.

So I got up too early thanks to the HFH waking me up and now I’m all dressed and ready to go. So I may start laundry now, except everybody else in the house needs to get ready.
We can make tomorrow pizza day.

{{Ace}}

(((((Ace)))))

I have had a very busy morning doing the grown-up productive thing, I had a job that was required by tomorrow and I’ve pretty much completed it now. I am not sending it off yet because the academics have until tomorrow to send me any last changes they want and of course they’ll all do it on Wednesday.

I watched The Walking Dead last night, shame there’s only one episode left to go because it’s started getting interesting again after weeks of boredom. Ho hum.

Lunch next, boring salad livened up a little bit with balsamic vinegar dressing for a change.

Man, people on the periphery of Mumperdom are dropping like flies. I found out my old high school chemistry teacher died yesterday. I used stuff he taught me when I was at Purdue, and he was a hell of a nice guy to boot.

I was very pleasantly surprised to see him at my grandmother’s funeral in '05, because I had no clue they knew each other. Rest In Peace, Elmer Bowers. You made me the nerd I am so proud to be today.

ETA: And it’s snowing again. Damn.

Realtor just called we are back on for 11am so I will be leaving soon.
Thanks for the luck FCM
I will probably need it.

If I don’t like the two I see today then I’m just going with the one house I like from before.

Back from the gym - I decided to do the treadmill today - turns out I work harder on that than on the bike. So maybe I’ll alternate the two.

Just looked outside - it’s flurrying. Stoopit snow. **FCD **is enroute to an auto paint store for some clear coat. I’m not very motivated, so I don’t know what I’ll do today. Maybe I’ll play in clay some more after he heats up the basement. We shall see.

{{{Ace}}}

I want a nap - I’m sure the dreary overcast has a lot to do with that. Stoopit weather. :stuck_out_tongue:

doggio - there were bunches of tidbits like that all over the 'net last year when PC was announced as Twelve.

I has a really big BLURF today