A Cooking-Based Dare

Nope.

:dubious: Like what, pure chunks of bacon fat?

My mother made a recipe a while back that came from Paula. Bread pudding, with of course a Paula-esque modification. The modification was: exchanging the “bread” in the bread pudding with Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

Oy. So, so, so, sweet. Merely reading the recipe could probably put you into a diabetic coma.

I didn’t mean bite for bite. For an idea, look at King of Soup’s biscuits and gravy idea above.

In other words chicken with runny toffee or Paula Deen’s praline non-crunch pullet.

The butter balls are close to a few cookie recipes I can think of.

Lou’s Restaurant in Hanover (NH) has amazing glazed crullers, the best pastry item I’m ever had. Then they use them to make French toast. YUM.

Arteries clogging…gasp

Really, though, are these that much worse than cream cheese wontons or deep fried cheese curds or mozzarella sticks?

There’s a lady down in Richland who’s been making that for years. She used to go to the donut store and buy up all their day-old donuts. They say her recipe was a big hit at church on dinner-on-the-grounds day.

I’d make them, but I would need to sub out the flour and bread crumbs to make it low-carb. And I’d probably add some bacon somewhere for good measure.

If one weren’t concerned with carbs, it might be worth trying with Oreo crumbs as the breading…

Everything’s better when it sits on a Ritz!