A disease for you from Breckinshire

Can I have something? Preferably involving a nasty discharge?

Sorry it’s taken so long to get this stuff out. I’ve been out on the golf green all day.

phouka: Subacute bacterial endocarditis

Sunshine: Scurvy

Mr. Cynical: Erysipelas (nasty stuff)

Inky-: Retropharyngeal Abscess

Eve: From The World Book Rush Medical Encyclopedia (www.rush.edu)

Vasomotor rhinitis (vas o mo"t*r ri ni"tis) is a condition affecting the mucous membranes that line the nose. It causes symptoms of runny nose, sneezing, postnasal drip, and occasionally, headache. The symptoms are similar to those of hay fever, but no allergic cause can be found.

OH I could go for a disease right about now. How about something that would make me look horribly sick but not feel too bad so I can generate TONS of sympathy and be able to enjoy it! :slight_smile:

Ok, I’m game! So long as it’s not terminal hangnails!

I need a disease—it’s finals week and I need something to write on my phony doctor’s note!! :wink:

This is hilarious!

I’d like a disease that I won’t die from, but will make me sick enough that the mere thought of smoking a cigarette will make me want to puke.

B_Line12: Xeroderma pigmentosum (I’ve been dying to try out an “X” disease. “Dying”! Get it? Oh, I hate you. All of you.)
Vestal Blue: Bullous Pemphigoid
evilbeth: Prepatellar Bursitis
Shayna: After much research, I was not able to find a disease to fit your criterion. However, I have compromised, and give you a disease that will most likely kill you, thereby completely preventing you from “lighting one up”: Bovine spongiform encephalopathis

Hope you guys enjoy!

Is it too late to ask for a disease? I need something that can keep me out of school but not too ill that I can’t be online or reading at the least. Something different from the usual flu I think would be interesting.

TopazAntares: Onchocerciasis
Hope you like it. Full refund with receipt for thiry days. After that, you have to talk to the manufacturer.

I assume mine is some sort of inflamation of the kneecap area? Pretty cool.

Thank you Breckinshire!

But just wondering…

What is Onchocerciasis?

Can I have one? I have one or two more sick days before the end of school and I’d like to use them if I can. And could you also give me some symptoms of my disease, so I can re-enact it faithfully?

TopazAntares:

Onchocerciasis (ong ko ser si"* sis) is infestation with the parasitic worm Onchocerca volvulus. It occurs in regions of Africa, Mexico, and South America. The larvae of the worms are transmitted by the bite of infected black flies of the genus Simulium.

SanibelMan: Glomerulonephritis

Symptoms are headache, abdominal pain, swollen face, and smoky or brown urine. The last two are difficult to fake, but I’m sure you’ll figure something out.