A eulogy for Lucky

Well, I never really thought I’d be writing one of these posts, but I’ve changed my mind. I’m going to write a eulogy for my beloved cat Lucky.

We have two other cats, and I think they’re both great, but my relationship with Lucky was something else altogether. She was born a stray, and for all her life she kept that wild streak. She was very shy – except with me. Over a long period of time I gained her trust, and in return she gave me a level of trust and love that she gave to no other human… no other being. I was her lifelong provider, protector, admirer, and friend. And I was the one who made the decision to let her go yesterday. I was with her at the end – the last thing her eyes saw were my eyes. She will be in my heart forever.

Sorry or your loss, and thank you for a beautiful and touching eulogy.

So sorry. Take comfort in knowing how much pleasure she gave you, and how much you gave her. The world needs more of that.

Sorry for your loss but I’m glad that y’all had a chance to know each other.

I’m sorry to hear of your loss, but Lucky was lucky to have you. And vice versa.

I’m so very sorry. I had to make the same decision with my dog Kharma yesterday. I was the last thing she saw, my voice saying I love you the last thing she heard. It is so, so hard.

Your Lucky was so blessed. May your heart heal.

I heard a vet once say that “Lucky” is a common name for cats and dogs who’ve been rescured, as you did your Lucky. My sister had a Lucky that was a friendly stray off of the street, he may have been previously owned.

So sorry for your loss. The eulogy was beautiful, especially the part about the eyes.

I’m so very sorry for your loss.

I had a cat named Lucky once… and its hard to say if any cat I’ve ever met has ever loved me more. When she passed away, I grieved for a very Very long time. :frowning: