A game of sorts: Questions that answer themselves

I just had a random thought pop into my head, and decided it might make a fun word game. Let’s have some stupid questions! Not just any stupid questions, but a subcategory of stupid questions: Questions that Answer Themselves.

These can be questions that have been asked of you, or questions you have asked, or just something you made up. The best answer to these questions should be raised eyebrows, and perhaps some eye rolling.

I’ll go first, to show what I’m talking about:

The Question: “How is it that a smart guy like you never managed to get married?”

Who’s next?

You mean something along the lines of:

How did a chick like you never manage to get knocked up?

SSG Schwartz

Well, not quite. I’m thinking of questions which, if the asker thought about it for a moment, would contain their own answer. In my example (intended to be humorous, of course) the answer is right there in the question, if you turn it around: never married = smart guy.

Not to put words in the good SSG’s mouth, but maybe “How did a classy dame like you never get knocked up?” would be more in the spirit of things?

Well, this may not be precisely what the Op wanted, but it’s close.

(From the comic strip BC)

BC: This is Curls, master of sarcastic humor.
Peter: Oh yeah? Let’s hear him say something funny.
Curls, shaking Peter’s hand: Pleased to meet you.

Did you have fun at work today?

Could you live with your ex-husband?

Do Jehova’s Witnesses celebrate any religious holidays?

Do you have any secrets you want to share?

I SAID, IS THE MUSIC TOO LOUD??!!

What’s nine words long and contains its own answer?

There was a Computer Science final that had as a bonus question:
“Write a question suitable for inclusion on a test such as this, and answer it”

The story goes that one bright student answered the question this way:
Q: “Write a question suitable for inclusion on a test such as this, and answer it”
A: “Write a question suitable for inclusion on a test such as this, and answer it”

How do you tell the white horse from the black one?

Yeah, that works :slight_smile: