A journey thru the MMP

Enjoying coffee and Sam Roberts this morning.

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 49 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 70 and N.O.S. By Tuesday highs will be mid 80s. Weather be weird! Yestiddy went well. After five hours of prep work and cookin’ the kitchen crew was exhausted but we soldiered on through the festivities. Really, I washed, quartered, and roasted what seemed to be like a gazillion pounds of little red N.O.T. One decision made I was especially happy with was to roast instead of grill chikin laigs. They turned out great with a lot less irk on my part. The corned beast ‘n cabbage was (were?) wonderful as was everything else. The bread puddin’ with the Jameson glaze was a big hit! We had entertainment in the form of Irish music and a good crowd on hand. When I got back to da cave last night, all I wanted to do was go to bed, which I did with Ty and slept long and hard. I remember wakin’ once to go pee but barely remember gettin’ up. All in all a good time was had by all. Oh and since we washed pots and stuff as we went, clean up was easy-peasey! On a dare I wore a rainbow wig for a while but took it off as soon as photographic evidence became available.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then purtification for deheathenization must commence. I am the non-cannibal kind of Lector this mornin’. CupCakes you will be pleased to know that 370 will be sung this mornin’. :smiley:

Happy Sunday Y’all!

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off again today. :slight_smile:

I walked 5 km this morning - 'twas a bit chilly, but it still felt good to get out in shorts and a t-shirt. As long as I stayed on the sunny side of the street I was OK.

And, this afternoon, the closets we ordered for our bedroom and my daughter’s bedroom got delivered and put together. Now we’ll finally to get those rolling-hanger things out of our bedroom, and we’ll have plenty of space to get all the clothing put away. And, the new closets look great with the painting we had done a few weeks ago.

A good Sunday was had by all.

Bob Evans fed us breakfast. WalMart had the kitty kibbles, kitty litter, kitty treats and pupperoni that we needed. I’ve started the corned beef and veggies in the crock pot - cabbage to be added later. Sheets are in the dryer, towels are in the washer, and 3 more loads are on deck.

I need to get the racks and other parts of the smoker into hot, soapy water, eventually. I may or may not iron FCD’s shirts - if he’s got one for tomorrow, I’ll iron tomorrow. I expect to be exhausted tonight.

Up and caffeinating.

I slept in this morning and it felt good. I need to shower and go to the sto’ to pick up something that I forgot and will need to fix supper. After, friend is supposed to come over and install the Roku that I got. He was supposed to do it a couple of weeks ago and was sick, so we rescheduled.

Up and decafing; useless warm brown water for me. Some errands planned and then grilling a bunch of Sam’s Club used burgers so we can crumble them for other uses.

Howdy Y’all! We’re all deheathenated and have had N.O.L. Nappage to ensue shortly cause I’s still tahrd! Dindin will be lasagna courtesy of Stouffer’s, sallit, and garlic bread. Easy but tasty, just like the way I like my men. :smiley:

Bowser yay for new closets and places to put stuff. Of course you know this means you must immediately go out and acquire more stuff. You must do this until you need more space to store more stuff. I don’t make the rules, I just point 'em out.

Happy Sunday!

It’s a cloudy 42 degrees outside. No snow here, but it wouldn’t matter since we’re not going anywhere anyway.

Today’s agenda is to spiffy up around here since the direct tv person is coming tomorrow.

Sah-son needs to fluff out his paper a bit and then I’ll proof read it again. All about the HeLa cells, which is actually pretty interesting.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HeLa
He has to write on the ethics of using a person’s cells without their consent.

This week I also learned about Shinto Shrines. Did you know there is one in Hawaii that reveres George Washington?
I also got to read about the Nacimera.
https://msu.edu/~jdowell/miner.html

Learning is fun when you’re not being graded.

**FCM ** I used to hang in Fell’s Point from around the mid 80s to the mid 90s, so I probably did meet your sister at some point. The Cat’s Eye was one of my favorites, along with the Full Moon Saloon.

**sari **- it’s also possible if you did meet my sis, you’d have met her under any number of names. For a while, she would have a name of the day, because she’s, um, interesting. :smiley:

Last load of laundry is in the washer. In about an hour, I’ll toss cabbage into the slow cooker. We’ll probably have an early dinner since we tend to skip lunch after having breakfast out. I still need to clean the smoker parts. I don’t want to, but I have to. Dammit. :stuck_out_tongue:

Stoopid cat the first (AKA Boo) kept up 'Beamer last night, so he kept me up. We tried to catch her, but she would hide, then come back out. Messed up sleep schedule, so now haid hurts more than usual. Whine, whine, whine.

Bowser congrats on closets. I always wanted to get that done and never have. Didn’t stop me from over-filling them though, contrary to Swampy’s rule. Just have to empty them out periodically.

Today I have some papers to fill out for SSDI attorney and a few errands to run. I suspect I may spend most of the day hiding from the N.O.S. that is peeking out. Not to worry, the rest of the week is back to a more normal Orygun rain. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was determined my house would not be filled but it isn’t working so well.

I envisioned 4 glasses, 4 mugs, 4 plates, 4 bowls, 4 spoons, 4 forks, and 4 knives. HA! Four spoons is not nearly enough. And then I needed mixing bowls, and serving bowls, and steak knives, and paring knives, and butcher knives, and ladles, and serving spoons, and spatulas…

I envisioned a pot and a skillet. Then I needed a cookie sheet. and a smaller pot and a bigger skillet, and some baking dishes, and then a pizza pan, and a muffin tin, and a mixer…

I envisioned a shed with a lawn mower. Then I needed a rake, and a shovel, and a snow shovel, and a weed whacker, and a leaf blower, and snips, and lops, and clippers, and a hose, and a bag of salt, and mulch, and an outdoor extension cord…

I envisioned the cabinet under the sink… a bottle of all purpose cleaner, dish washing detergent, dishwasher detergent, laundry soap, and fabric softener…
now add sponges, scrubbies, carpet shampoo, Nature’s Miracle, stove top cleaner, bleach, mouse traps, stainless steel cleaner, borax, oxyclean, lysol wipes, trash bags, glass cleaner, hand soap, dishwasher cleaner, wood polish…

It never flippin’ ends.

I have adopted a cat, Lily. She’s hiding in my bathroom.

Pictures and more in tomorrow’s MMP.

swampbear, we’re still missing bookshelves for the living room. Once we get those into place, and everything is put away, then we’ll talk about more stuff - but we only have a 3 bedroom apartment. Besides, more stuff may have to wait - Bowserette #2 has got a serious boyfriend, and Mrs. Bowser is guessing that the wedding may be within the next 12 months . . . so more stuff may not be on the horizon just yet.

Tugig - congrats on kitteh!

Philly has (had?) a Full Moon Saloon. I was never in it, but I believe the dancers would give you the mostly full moon*.

• PA law is if they serve alcohol, the dancers must wear g-strings & pasties. If it’s a BYO place (those usually charge a keep-'em-cold &/or an opening fee) then they can be nekkid. So one can see nekkid wimen & have booze, you just gotta bring it with you. :rolleyes:

I did a load of laundry, vacuumed, cleaned the litter box, cleaned the pet bowls, and cleaned the kitchen. Making mesquite poke chops with sweet **N.O.T.**s and blacked eyed peas with jalapenos and ham. Hockey is on in a little bit.

Congrats!

Congrats Lily on your new servant. :smiley:

Bowser, when I moved this summer, I lost 90 square feet but gained a ton of usable space thanks to well designed built ins, floor to ceiling kitchen cabinets and a laundry/utility room. The semi open floor plan of my last apartment had a lot of open space. That’s not a luxury that’s practical in a one bedroom apartment.

Congratulations on the puddy tat 2gig! I’m looking forward to seeing pictures.

My friend flaked on the installation. If he doesn’t show next weekend, I’ll find someone else to do it or a YT video.

I fixed a pot of pinto beans, a pepper jack quesadilla and a spinach and tomato salad for supper. It’s tasty.

Grilled 6 pounds of burgers, ate two burgers and some beans, and soon to head in to watch Black Sails. Tomorrow back to Da Jungle.