A MMP for the last week of June

Well Mumpers, what an interesting 24 hours
There is the whole umkay/notokay drama and subsequent banning, I really did not see that coming. Caught me so off guard I even posted in the Pit, I never go there. Feel foolish but whatever, will eat my humble pie with a side of crow and move on.

I do have a date Saturday, so that flips it all around. I posted about it last night so will spare you guys all the details, short version JIM is a happy camper.

Coffee seems to not be working today, will try some more

Hope everyone is having a great day, I am

That is all

JIM

we can share… :o

I think there will be a lot of Dopers at the banquet table for that meal :o

On another note, I got my DL from the DMV today. My photo seems to have been replaced with a booking shot of a deranged serial killer who lived in the woods alone for 20 years, he does resemble me though :dubious:

JIM

Save a spot for me. Even as I read the ‘death notice’, the cynical part of me thought it entirely possible for it to turn out as it did. But I was still surprised. I figure if at 45 I’m not a LITTLE cynical, then I haven’t been paying attention. And if I am ALWAYS cynical, then it’s time to move on, so…I’ll stick with the middle ground for a while longer and enjoy the happy surprises that come with the crappy ones.

Anyway, happy Monday!

This was our last weekend with MrTao’s boys; in a little over a week they will be in Montana, where their mother has decided to move. A lot of heartache going around. But in a month we’re changing residences ourselves <ironically, to a bigger place so we could have more room for the boys :frowning: > so the cleaning up and throwing out and kinda starting over will be a good distraction.
Also, getting a puppy in a few weeks. Not the same, but again, a little distraction.

Adding: Planned to go through the boys’ room today. The nature of their move, while planned, means they, as a family, are leaving almost everything behind, and starting completely over in Montana. As a newly blended family with 7 kids, it makes sense, but within a minute of being in the room I was already crying over what they boys behind. Thought I cried it all out last week but apparantly this is going to be a long, long month. <sigh>

The cole slaw came out pretty good, despite a measuring mistake. I accidentally doubled the amount of vinegar called out, so it was a little more tangy. And instead of adding onions, I added onion powder, plus some celery salt. Anyway, **FCD **pronounced the recipe a keeper. It was pretty good.

**Taomist **- sorry about the departure of the boys. That’s so sad… :frowning:

It’s about 103 deg F in the shade and the dogs’ tongues is a-lollin’ out as far as they can. And teemorree, it’s fixin’ t’ git up to 106! Oh lawd, i was a-hopin’ n a-prayin’ TS Debby would haul her butt over to Texas, but she up n changed her mind and headed back east. I’m this><close to buying a stock tank, setting it up in my living room, filling it with ice and just lying in that until early October. Ahhh! A redneck spa!
[sub]CYA Note: link is for illustration only. Comparable products may be available from other manufacturers.[/sub]

Oh. NOW the Sun comes out. After I get drenched in the 10 feet from my car to the garage. :rolleyes:

Every time we get an unnecessary deluge like this, I imagine lassoing a couple of the bigger clouds and hauling them over to Lake Meade

Howdy Y’all! Been a loooooooooong day but it’s over and we’re one day closer to the weekend. This is how I have chosen to see irk this week, measured by closeness to the weekend. It’s how I delude myself. :smiley:

Death chikin, succotash and rolls for dindin. ‘Twas good. Plus there’s death chikin for tomorrow night’s dindin. I think peas and carrots shall be the vegetative matter of choice. I chunked a roast in the slow cooker when I got home. It’ll cook a while this evenin’ and finish up tomorrow so it can become Wednesday’s dindin. I feel so organized!

MOOOOOOM I am indeed impressed with your tp stockpile. Does my heart good it does! Coleslaw is one of those things one can improvise with and it usually comes out good.

Mayhaps I should check out the drama Special1 and Jim speak of. Recreational drama is always good for entertainment.

Debby should give us a fair amount of rain overnight and tomorrow or so the weatherfolk say. We shall see.

Ok, off to check out other stuff.

Laterz!

Swampbear, I am very interested in this ‘death chikin’ you speak of! :stuck_out_tongue:

And thanks, FairyChatMom. Knew it wasn’t going to be easy, and knew it would likely happen eventually, but lawd…What’s silly is that a lot of the stuff they left is stuff they basically had likely grown out of, anyway. But I still see them as 8 and 10 and it doesn’t make it any easier to toss out the dinosaur sheets that they were probably tired of anyway. :stuck_out_tongue: At least with giving most of the stuff to Goodwill, I can imagine some other kiddos actually enjoying their stuff. :slight_smile:

We’re in a drought. 102 F today. 102 tomorrow.

I hate you, even if you are the cute one.
:slight_smile:

I hate you, too.

And YOU ain’t cute.

It’s a favorite Mumper recipe, found here in our Recipe Blog
and here’s a slight variation.
I’m cute and helpful. :smiley:

Yes, yes you are! Thank you; I thought it sounded vaguely familiar but figured I’d ask, and…look, I have a new recipe for the weekend :smiley:

Now, it’s just too bad we can’t have a Doper Weather Swap. I bet between my area’s complete lack of precipitation for a year or more at a time and some of the wetter folks, we could regulate the weather of the whole continent if we could just figure out how to swap it out. :stuck_out_tongue:

JIM,

Please don’t get too worked up by the umkay event. Hell I bought it too.

All I saw you do was demonstrate a heart and a care.

But like I just noted in the Pit thread this was one of the funniest train wrecks I’ve witnessed in a long time. We’ll be talking about this one for years. Sit back and enjoy it. It’s nothing personal.

No worries I am all good now, I am far enough removed from it now to laugh. I will never get jaded by this sort of stooopidity. The things people do

JIM

You have no business running a Starship.

If they piss you off, you phaser the planet into rubble.
Get a grip!

Besides, you have a date coming up! :smiley:
Howdy all. Long day here. I’ve been working on writing two papers all day long and so far I’ve got one of them about two thirds of the way finished. :dubious::smack:

Hopefully late tonight or tomorrow will be more productive.

I had a fun weekend, though, so there’s that…

Mother Nature is smiling upon us, at least temporarily. A cool front came thru and it’s a glorious 61° with low humidity, so I have the whole house open. I know it won’t last - they’re threatening close to triple digits this weekend, but for now, it’s glorious.

I will be donning grubbies so I can mow, and I need to be done by about 10 because my FIL is going to call for computer help. He made an appointment with me - the man cracks me up sometimes. But we’ll get linked up via TeamViewer and I’m hoping I can figure out why he can’t print. I have a very strong suspicion what the problem may be, and if I’m right, it’ll be a quick fix. So we shall see.

I saw the tail end of the “she’s dead/I’m not dead” fiasco, since I tend to avoid the “Ask the” threads. I do find it interesting how over-the-top some folks get, either with praise or grief or condemnation. Makes me wonder how they react to events in the real world. Not a criticism, just curiosity. It reminds me of the women of my grandmother’s generation who got so wrapped up in their “stories” that they’d send flowers to the funerals of soap opera characters…

Alas, I have no escapism today. The grass must be mowed, especially the ditch. I hate mowing the ditch - have I mentioned that in the last 10 seconds?? Stoopit ditch.

But apart from that, it promises to be a wunnerful day - Happy Tuesday, all!!

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffienatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 74 Amurrkin out with a predicted high of 92 and maybe or maybe not rain. Debby seems to be movin’ through fast and mostly has missed us. Still there’s a fair to middlin’ chance of rain today.

What do you mean FlyTrap. I’m adorable! :smiley:

MOOOOOOM I need to mow also. Le sigh. It’s just neverendin’ ain’t it.

I read some of the drama last night. After a few minutes of it I decided I couldn’t be bothered.

Now I need more caffiene and should feed rumbly tummy. Then, alas, irk purtification must commence. Woe is me.

Happy Tuesday Y’all!