A MMP for the last week of June

Up, caffeinated, and off to irk, since I am most assuredly still alive.:wink:

Blurf.

I got nuthin.

Just fitting in a quick post on the way to work (on the bus).

One of my grad school frinds had a Dobie. She was a sweetie.

Glad that lieu checked in without secretly revealing that I’m his favorite. :stuck_out_tongue:

I saw that, Spaz.

Hugs all.

GT

It’s very hot here. I woke up to 83°, and we will definitely hit triple digits again today. Maybe we’ll get some rain this weekend.

All you East Coasters stealing all the rain!

Admit it: you guys use an outdated scale because 100 sounds meaner than 36.

I’m full of booboos… got a bruise from when I fell down on the street the other day, and a scratched elbow and a hurt toe and… sheesh!

Quick! Alcohol!

(I hear it can be used as an antiseptic too)

Somehow my weekend at the spa hasn’t been booked yet.

Yes, if anyone says, “Treasure every moment” I’ll either punch them or leave them for the weekend with the munchkins. :eek: :slight_smile:

Dear, all I can say is I raised two 15 months apart (yeah, do the math, the first time Tugig got lucky after #1 and WHAMO! #2 is on the way).

Now they are 12 & 13 and all I can say is the early years are a faded blurry memory of happiness and nothing else.

But yeah, book that spa weekend. The price of a spa and a babysitter is a lot less than a defense lawyer.

Writing my second paper. :dubious:

Ditch is mowed. Front, back, and side yards are mowed. Sprinkler is giving the front lawn a drink so it can grow and need to be mowed again… Another sprinkler is giving some hostas a drink - I kinda forgot about them and they were looking sad and droopy. It doesn’t help that they’re under the exhaust for the attic fan. oops! :eek:

Plus the cat box has been scooped and I’m showered and dressed in more-or-less socially acceptable clothing. I’m wearing my water shoes but only because I have to walk across the wet lawn to move the sprinkler. So hush! :stuck_out_tongue:

FIL should be calling any time. I hope it’s a simple problem. I fear he’ll call the geek squad and spend an obscene amount of money for something easily fixed by anyone not afraid of the computer. I can at least give him credit for owning and using the thing, but for a smart man, he’s so easily intimidated by Teh Intrarwebz and associated stuff.

I’m hungry. Would someone pass me a muffin, please?

The joys (?) of shopping. DH’s new job requires that he wears a tie. The only “tie” mainframe guys might wear is tie-dye, but he’s in retail customer service and management.

At least he doesn’t have to be stuffy - we’ve scrounged up a bunch of J. Garcia ties, so he can be stylish about it. I’m amused at knowing that when Jerry died some 15 or so years ago, there was a mad rush to buy his ties - the next day, Macy’s was picked clean. Today, they’re still being sold at normal prices, but we lucked out and found a few on a clearance rack for under four bucks each. Yay!

I’ve suddenly realized (yet again) after doing some research this morning that my life could be much worse. Warning: this is tmi…

I’m having an issue with having to ice my knee all the time because I have Raynaud’s disease. It normally causes painful swelling in your fingers and toes but it happens to affect most of my skin. For instance one day I absentmindedly put a can of pop on my leg and when I removed it I had a nice bright red swollen spot of skin. However, here’s what could be worse. I just found this out this morning. * It can affect your nipples.* :eek::eek::eek::eek: OWIE OWIE OWIE. That would seriously hurt.

I am filled with much :grrrrrrrrrrr:

VWife decided that HAD TO GET satellite b00bt00b, and the tech came yesterday to do the job. No issues with him or SatCo. My beef is with the cable company. I called them as soon as the SatCo contractor’s truck was out of the driveway, and told them I wanted JUST the cable TV cancelled, and both phone and Intart00bz retained. Okay they said, your bill will be half of the old value.

Weeeeeeeell, some drug-addled tech went up the pole a bit ago, and cut all services. I bitched to CableCo, who promised the tech was turning around as we spoke to do the job right.

I ain’t holding my breath.

If they don’t have phone and Intart00bz back by the time I get home from irk, I’m going to pull the trigger on CableCo completely and go back to Verizon. :mad:

Blurf.

I’m thinking of rearranging my furniture. My bed is in the back corner where it’s dark, which is nice at night, but in the morning kills me. But if I put my desk there I have to get at least one more lamp and…

sigh

Been over an hour since I called CableCo, and they have yet to turn my phone back on. I’m getting very grumpy.

Back from one rollercoaster trip and convention and getting ready to leave for another. For the ACE convention at Dollywood Dolly herself came out and did 3 songs for us. I never saw so many gay men melt over a woman before in my life! :smiley:

Mawnin all, and a happy day to you
I am feeling rather chipper this am for no good reason but I am going to roll with it.
It is going to be hot hot hot today but its summer, supposed to be hot.
I have a mini realization last night about the whole troll thingy and this might be the cause of my pleasant demeanor. You see…

I am fortunate to enjoy the company of Dopers in general and Mumpers specifically, none of the fakery matters and the next time I am in South Jawja I can go to Swampy’s and there will be iced tea and tea cakes for me(beerverages as well I bet). Make sense? Does to me.

Any who, I have some stuff to do today and then will see the Alien prequel tonight(finally)

Have a great day all

JIM

Did you see the telescope she uses to look at her feet? :smiley:

JIM

Did you see my friend? She had some accessibility problems on one of the rides I think. I’ve been keeping up with the Dollywood adventures over Facebook!

Horrible night and really sucky day. Sigh. :frowning:

{{{Soapy}}} here’s to a better rest of the day at least.

gotti I have lots of ties but don’t wear one much anymore. I like 'em but bidness casual is a good thing.

ShinyCat I think about rearrangin’ furniture from time to time. Then I think about how heavy all that stuff is to move and that makes me tired so I take a nap instead. Works for me everytime. :smiley:

Jim there would be iced tea, tea cakes, beerverages, fried chikin and all kinds of stuff. I am above all a gracious, though sometimes surly, host.

I keep remindin’ myself that I don’t want to go to prison and that’s why I should not go on a killin’ spree no matter how much easier irk would be afterwards. Sigh… it all pays the same, it all pays the same, it all pays the same, it all pays the same.

That is all.