A Petition for the Teeming Millions.....

As many of you know, recently our dear Mr. Cynical changed his name to Portnoy.

Now, a few of us are not in favor of this change…dammit, we LIKED having him as Mr. C! Therefore, I’m starting this petition to get him to change his name back! (Not like it’ll work, but it seemed like a good idea at 1 in the morning.)

Who’s with me?!?!?

I have to agree. Mr. Cynical evokes many and varied images, and implies a complex personality. Portnoy on the other hand, was just the groundhog in Bloom County/Outland.
Yeah, yeah…I know about the Complaint and all…but when I think Portnoy, I think groundhog.

I told him in person on Saturday that I wanted him to change his name back to Mr. Cynical…SOOOOOOOOO

I am signing this petition for Portnoy to return to his self as Mr. Cynical.

( you didn’t get approval from a judge so legally you are still Mr. Cynical ) hehe

Back to Mr. Cynical, Back to Mr. Cynical

Here, here! I want my Mr ‘C’ back~~~!

Change it back! Change it back! Change it back! Change it back! Change it back! <and so on, til he gets sick of hearing it and changes it back in self defence>

::holding a sign and marching around the computer::

We want Mr. Cynical! We want Mr. Cynical! Portnoy sucks! Portnoy sucks! Change it back! Change it back! We want Mr. Cynical not a freakin’ groundhog!

Mr. Cynical was definitely a better name, IMHO.

I’ve decided not to be original, in this thread anyway, so I’ll just pretend this is my own:

Yeah! I have to agree. Mr. Cynical evokes many and varied images, and implies a complex personality. Portnoy on the other hand, was just the groundhog in Bloom County/Outland.

:smiley:

why not “Portnoy the Cynical” or some other combination?

I kind of like Portnoy, personally.

Portnoy is “cute”. Mr. Cynical rocks! Consider this my vote to change it back, please. (Of course, I don’t know his reasons for changing…if I did, I might agree with him…)

Another vote to change it back!!!

I don’t know why he changed it,
but Mr. Cynical sounds cooler.
So I vote for change it back.

Hey Portnoy! I’ve got a complaint. When I read or hear that name all I think of is the book. And liver. Change back.

…chanting…
Cynical forever, Portnoy never. Cynical forever, Portnoy never. Cynical forever, Portnoy never. Cynical forever, Portnoy never.

Count me in!

change it back, it was much better before - besides, you’ve screwed up Silver_Fire’s sig & there can be no greater evil than that!

Consider me signed. Sure, he has a kid, he feels the need to change. Feh.

Oh cynicalize me.

Count me in!

Change is bad. We fear change.

Mr. Cynical.

Well, I figure I’ll use all of the immense influence that I have on this message board :rolleyes:, and join the petition.

Cynical all the way!

<signing>
It’s really simple:
“Mr. Cynical” is cool; “Portnoy” evokes images of round, obnoxious rodents and makes you a target for Scylla.

You figure it out.