A Poll on Biden

Right now Biden has a narrow electoral college lead. If he can take Florida, it is all over. Ohio, North Carolina or Georgia are all considered toss-ups and any of those 3 would also be enough right now. Arizona wouldn’t hurt, it brings 11 EC votes.

Trump has to hold the remaining Red & pink states and win all of the Toss-up states (91 EC votes) and still take a decent size light blue state, lets say Wisconsin.

[url]https://www.270towin.com/[/url] Graphical view of what I just said.

Now dream a little dream with me. Biden takes all of the toss-ups and Texas, we now have a landslide repudiation of Trump & the current Republican Leadership. 405 to 131 would be the largest margin* in a long time. I doubt McConnell would survive in a leadership role if this happened.

• George H. W. Bush won 426-111.

If you want to look back a bit further
1980 Reagan vs. Carter 489 - 89

and even further
1936 FDR vs. Landon 523 - 8

which I believe is the record.

Nixon 520 - 17 in 1972.

Don’t blame me.

From Massachusetts, eh…?

That was the one I was trying to remember. How could I forget Tricky Dick’s win?

Florida is as usual too close to predict.
Trafalgar Group ® Biden 46, Trump 49 Trump +3
Quinnipiac Biden 48, Trump 45 Biden +3

Trump needs Florida to keep his job.

Lots of polls today in swing states!

Race/Topic (Click to Sort) Poll Results Spread
Wisconsin: Trump vs. Biden Marquette* Biden 47, Trump 43 Biden +4
Florida: Trump vs. Biden St. Pete Polls Biden 50, Trump 47 Biden +3
Florida: Trump vs. Biden CNBC/Change Research (D) Biden 49, Trump 46 Biden +3
North Carolina: Trump vs. Biden CNBC/Change Research (D) Biden 49, Trump 47 Biden +2
Arizona: Trump vs. Biden CNBC/Change Research (D) Biden 49, Trump 45 Biden +4
Wisconsin: Trump vs. Biden CNBC/Change Research (D) Biden 50, Trump 44 Biden +6
Michigan: Trump vs. Biden CNBC/Change Research (D) Biden 49, Trump 43 Biden +6
Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Biden CNBC/Change Research (D) Biden 50, Trump 46 Biden +4
Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Biden NBC News/Marist Biden 53, Trump 44 Biden +9
General Election: Trump vs. Biden Rasmussen Reports Biden 48, Trump 46 Biden +2
General Election: Trump vs. Biden CNBC/Change Research (D)* Biden 49, Trump 43 Biden +6
General Election: Trump vs. Biden USC Dornsife Biden 53, Trump 41 Biden +12
General Election: Trump vs. Biden Economist/YouGov Biden 52, Trump 43 Biden +9
General Election: Trump vs. Biden vs. Jorgensen vs. Hawkins CNBC/Change Research (D) Biden 49, Trump 43, Jorgensen 3, Hawkins 2 Biden +6
Michigan Senate - James vs. Peters CNBC/Change Research (D) Peters 50, James 46 Peters +4
Arizona Senate - McSally vs. Kelly CNBC/Change Research (D) Kelly 51, McSally 45 Kelly +6
North Carolina Senate - Tillis vs. Cunningham CNBC/Change Research (D) Cunningham 51, Tillis 44 Cunningham +7
2020 Generic Congressional Vote USC Dornsife Democrats 51, Republicans 44 Democrats +7
2020 Generic Congressional Vote Economist/YouGov Democrats 48, Republicans 41 Democrats +7
President Trump Job Approval Monmouth Approve 42, Disapprove 55 Disapprove +13
President Trump Job Approval CNBC/Change Research (D) Approve 45, Disapprove 55 Disapprove +10
President Trump Job Approval Rasmussen Reports Approve 48, Disapprove 51 Disapprove +3
President Trump Job Approval Economist/YouGov Approve 43, Disapprove 57 Disapprove +14
Congressional Job Approval Economist/YouGov Approve 17, Disapprove 58 Disapprove +41
Direction of Country Economist/YouGov Right Direction 28, Wrong Track 64 Wrong Track +36
Direction of Country Monmouth Right Direction 27, Wrong Track 67 Wrong Track +40

Thanks to RealClearPolitics - 2022 - Latest Polls

By the way, does it bother anyone else that on the 538 election graphics, Trump looks like a smug SOB, while Biden looks like he’s got constipation?

I hadn’t noticed but Trump often looks like a smug SOB.

Hey, I never said it wasn’t a good likeness, it’s just that the urge to punch it is costing me a fortune in broken monitors.

I can see that being a real problem.

I can’t even stand to hear his voice anymore, and now I find that Trump’s hair irrationally irritates me.

trump IS a smug SOB.

I’ve found I can’t stand listening to his voice any more, even when I’m watching a Sarah Cooper YouTube.

On another note, he’s not seeming quite so orange to me anymore. I’m wondering if he’s toed down the bronzer a little bit is is it me (shudder) adjusting to a new norm?

Is it just me or did anyone else like Marianne Williamson more than some of the more mainstream candidates? I read her book “A Return To Love” and thought that it was surprisingly good. Plus, she had a great vibe in the debates even though she was a bit New Age-y for the tastes of most. I never did find out why Richard Ojeda dropped out so early, even before there were many other people running for the Democratic nomination. He seemed to be a nice contrast to the usual candidate and I would have liked to see how he performed.

Let MW be a lifecoach or a guru or start a cult if she wants to. She had no business running for POTUS.

I think it was just a very small number of people. Might not be anyone else on the Straight Dope. Marianne Williamson barely registered in polls.

MW raised a few valid points in the debates, and that is to her credit. But it’s not enough to warrant election to the presidency, and she was way too flaky IMO to be remotely considered. She was way down near the bottom of my list.

Wisconsin is looking better and better in the polls for Biden. Pennsylvania is looking good. That is a good chunk of what Biden needs right there. As Michigan looks very likely to go Biden, his chance of taking the Electoral College is pretty strong.

Of course if he can then grab Florida, Arizona, Ohio or North Carolina all the better.

Arizona and North Carolina are the best bets of those four in my opinion. Ohio seems to have taken a sharp turn to the right of late. And as I’ve said, Florida is too flaky and unreliable for a Democrat to count on. Even with Biden’s poll numbers there looking good I just don’t trust it.