A question about your hair

-Towel dry
-Apply liberal amount of industrial-strength gel
-Blow dry while skrunching with fingers
-Use round brush to fluff up flattish spots
-Spray with industrial-strength hairspray

Hair? I think I’ve heard . . . I seem to remember something . . . hmm. Hair. . .
Hair . . . .
Oh, that stuff growing on my shoulders and back? I don’t do anything with it. I don’t bother it, it doesn’t bother me.
Actually, that’s a lie. I do have hair on some parts of my head, and scalp alone on other parts. What hair I have I wear at between 1/8" and 1/4" long, so it’s wash and go.
Roddy

Just dry it off somewhat, then take my hands and part it while it’s still slightly wet. Or if it’s available, use a comb- one sweep to the left, one to the right, and then that’s about it.

In the shower, there was a lot of conditioner and a lot of detangling involved. It was a process. As I’m getting out of the shower, some (but not too much) of the water needs to be squeezed out. No towel drying, that makes everything frizzy and separates the curls even more than they’ll want to be separated by nature. Towels are evil.

Out of the shower, let air dry a little, work in between 2 and 4 different types of leave in conditioner (while handling or touching the hair as little as possible), let air dry the rest of the way.

Towel dry. Apply sunscreen/moisturizer.

Towel-dry, comb, braid. With hair to your butt, it’s the only way to go.

Towel dry
Apply mousse
Blow dry the roots section by section, working down each section and turning it in with my roll brush
Shine serum

I’m growing it back out again like Lady Godiva (towel dry, comb, braid if I’m feeling fancy). This is bullshit.

Wow- ditto!

Except curl definer instead of gel!

Wring out hair in shower. Thoroughly. Wrap head in towel before stepping out of shower. Dry off with a second towel, reverse towel on head and knead back of head with fingers. Remove towel and apply protein based leave-in detangling conditioner. Comb out and let air dry for a minimum of 1 hour. Use blow dryer only if absolutely necessary. Brush back bangs and sides; spray with ultra super max hold hairspray. Twice. Leave house and hope to hell it isn’t hanging in my face in 5 minutes.

My hair is super fine, straight as string, and processed.

Of course I’m a Natural Blonde. That’s what it says on the bottle!

Towel dry, use conditioning mousse, blow dry straight. voila!

Towel lightly.

Put up with hairclip.
It’ll take hours to dry, but if I’m in a rush, at least it looks neat. I have waist-length hair.

Rub a towel over it to dry, comb it straight back and it’s done.

I dry it, I run a brush through it while it’s still wet, and I put it into a butterfly clip or a hair scrunchy. I never use product on my hair, not even for fancy dinner dates.

If I’m feeling like I want to look really snazzy, I’ll wear it down with a cloth headband, hair clips, or a pony tail.

I’m not a very high-maintenance girl. I’m also no fashion model, so hey I guess you got to take the good with the bad.

OMG do not get me started on this…ok you have.

After properly shampooing and conditioning and adding a protien based leave in conditioner to the ends of my hair (midback length hair…past my bra strap though) then applying ANOTHER moisture based leave in conditioner to the rest of it…comb thru and then throw in a towel for about 30-45 minutes (long enough to check my email and read the paper) take it down and then put in another spray leave in conditioner for the hairs that just dont wanna “do it my way” after I have brushed it for the third time since leaving the shower. By this time I am so utterly pissed off that my hair looks like crap or it is just in my way, it goes in a hair tie…

All that and I used to be a stylist…

Towel dry, comb while damp so that it doesn’t turn into a Brillo pad.

Run a pick through it. Carefully wring it. After a few minutes, apply a leave in conditioner, scrunch, and let dry. I’m working up to the curly girl method of care, (Have not yet gotten the no poo cleansing conditioner yet, but will.) my hair, it turns out, is actually naturally wavy. (I must still acquire satin pillowcases, so I don’t wake up with matted hair. I have always wondered how just sleeping can make mattes, now I know.)

I forgot to link to the product line I intend to start using. (Except for this, which has wax in it.)

I wash my hair upside down, so when I step out of the shower my head is bent over, and I grab an old T-shirt to wrap around my head. (I am told that towels cause more matting than T-shirts.) Squeeze the moisture out. Remove T-shirt.

Put a squeeze of leave-in conditioner and (gel or mousse) in my hands, mix together, and scrunch into (still upside-down) hair. Scrunch again using T-shirt to remove more moisture. Flip head upright again. Arrange curls with fingers until they’re somewhat presentable.

At this point, it looks fantastic. Until the final step:

Squish bike helmet (and toque, in the winter) onto head. Bike to work. Remove bike helmet (and toque, in the winter).

I am surprised it looks as good as it does when I begin my work day.

Blow dry it, comb it out, repeat 3 or 4 times until hair is completely dry, straight and free of tangles.

Regimen starts in shower:

Wash hair. Lather sensuously. Rinse.
Load hair down with conditioner. Comb with wide toothed comb.
Rinse in cold water. Turn off water, squeeze out hair.
Towel gently. Run comb quickly through hair once more to make sure no giant tangles remain.
Allow to air dry. When frizz becomes unbearable (say, in 5 hours) pull hair back in ponytail or bun. :frowning: