A question for the men

My wife once sent flowers for me to my office on the occassion of a promotion. It was OK. I appreciated it and thanked her.

But privately I think that flowers and jewelry are a waste of money.

I’d rather have tickets to a ballgame or a bottle of booze.

I’d feel kind of weird getting flowers at work. I can’t recall anyone actually ever wanting to send me a spontaneous gift so I have no idea what might be more appropriate, but a fine bottle of wine would be flattering.

Personally, Byz, I would rather a lady spend the money on sexy lingerie.
Or on a slightly illegal herb.
Just in case you’re thinking of getting me anything.

The Coyote gnaws …
but he does not swallow.

Wouldn’t bother me, but I think romance needn’t be limited to such niceties.

Yer pal,
Satan

Need help with the butchering, funeefarmer? I spent last weekend hacking up an eight point buck. No reason why I can’t do it again.

“I should not take bribes and Minister Bal Bahadur KC should not do so either. But if clerks take a bribe of Rs 50-60 after a hard day’s work, it is not an issue.” ----Krishna Prasad Bhattarai, Current Prime Minister of Nepal

I am secure in my manhood; flowers at work are great!

Anything but balloons!

Hell is Other People.

Don’t know when we’ll get around to butchering, but we got them skinned this evening. Had about a dozen people for most of the day today and half of them filled their tags. It’s cold enough so there’s no huge hurry about the butchering. Some night when half a dozen or so of us can get together with some nice sharp knives and some Ziplocs.

Anyhoo, I think if you sent a plate of large chocolate chip cookies and some coffee or cocoa you could really impress any man on the job.

I wouldn’t mind getting flowers - or anything for that matter. Though I’d probably get more grief from the women around here.

But I think most guys would react with “Thanks for thinking of me, but flowers…?”

Keep in mind, guys, the point of flowers at work is a public display. It’s not just the thought, it’s the letting other people see it.

For me, balloons would be nice, or chocolate. I once got a birthday present delivered here from an email friend. It was a shirt and tie. A very nice tie - a Jerry Garcia.

Of course for me, having someone to send a gift would be better than the gift itself. Especially if that someone wasn’t 500 miles away.