A Shadow Has Fallen On Middle Springfield-Who should be who in The Simpsons do LotR?

I like (and may be repeating others above):

Fellowship-
Frodo= Lisa
Sam= Ralph
Merry= Bart
Pippin= Milhouse
Gandalf= Otto
Aragorn= Principle Skinner
(Arwen= Edna Krabappel)
Gimli= Willie
Legolas= Disco Stu
Boromir= Rainer Wolfcastle

Bilbo=
Butterbur= Apu
Tom Bombadil= Ned
Goldberry= Maud
Saruman= Burns
Wormtounge= Smithers

Oh, come on…Comic Book Guy needs to be somebody. How about the guy who yells “ProudFEET!” at Bilbo’s 111th birthday?

I don’t have any suggestions on casting–I think most of the major characters have already been well cast above. (I would affirm Mr. Burns for Sauron and Sideshow Bob for Saruman.) I just want to say that this is a hilarious, kick-ass idea and I would dearly love to see them do a show like this. It might be even funnier than Bored of the Rings.

D’oh! hit reply by mistake–

King of Rohan= Grandpa
Eowyn= Marge
Faramir= Dedrick Tatum
Bilbo= Bleedin’ Gums Murphy
Steward of Gondor= Jasper
Elrond= Homer
Sauron= Kang and Kodos

hmm… gonna have to think about this some more

I dissent!

[ul]
[li]The Comic Book Guy should be Gandalf. After all, Gandalf never really does much magic, he merely gabs about it too much. Grandpa Simpson would only be funny if Gandalf had decent spells, so Grandpa could misfire them.[/li][li]Now, Grandpa Simpson couldbe Bilbo; who is, after all, a worn-out leftover from the previous adventure. Grandpa’s up for that![/li][li]Sideshow Bob would indeed make a fine Saruman.[/li][li]Millhouse’s Dad could do a great Wormcast.[/li][li]Marge needs to be Galadriel.[/li][li]Lisa has always wanted a pony, so make her Eowyn.[/li][li]Wolfcastle could make a great Balrog. And then, beat the cr@p out of Comic Book Guy/Gandalf.[/li][li]Marge’s sisters could become a two-headed Shelob.{sp?}[/li][/ul]

What about Hans Moleman as Gollum?

<hans moleman voice>
I’d like the ring back, please…
</hans moleman voice>

Well, if Bart was Frodo then Gandalf would have to be Krusty :slight_smile:

But I would pick(in no particular order, after the Fellowship)…

Frodo: Lisa
Sam: Ralph Wiggum
Merry & Pippen: Bart and Milhouse
Boromir: Ranier Wolfcastle
Gandalf: Comic Book Guy
Aragorn: Homer (think more Bored then LOTR)
Gimli: Willie
Legolas: One-Armed Army Guy
Bilbo: Grandpa
Elrond: Troy McClure
Sauron: Sideshow Bob
Saruman: Burnsie (please note the Republican party conspiracy here)
Grima Wormtongue: Smithers
Gollum: Barney
Eonwyn: Edna Krabappel
Faramir: Drederick Tatum?
Denethor: Principle Skinner
Galadriel: Apu (as long as we’re genderbending)
Ringwraiths: Chief Wiggum etc.
Hobbit Goon Squad: Nelson and Kearney
Shelob: Patty and Selma? Uter?
Arwen: Marge
Uruk-Hai: maybe an army of the nuclear plant ducks??
Orcs: Jimbo and Dolph
Tom Bombadil: Disco Stu
Treebeard: Troy McClure?

I have vague ideas of Lionel Hutz, Kang and Kodos, and Lenny and Carl appearing somewheres, but I don’t know where exactly…

sweet jesus this is funny stuff.
Sam: Ralph
Gandalf:
Aragorn:
Legolas:
Elrond: Comic Book Guy ("No you are mistaken in your understanding of the events of the Second Age. However I do not widh to edu
Sauron: Kang
Saruman: Burns
Gollum: Hans Moleman
Galadriel: Marge
King of the Ringwraiths: Chief Wiggum
Shelob: Patty and Selma
Uruk-Hai: maybe an army of the nuclear plant ducks??
Orcs: Nelson, Jimbo etc.
Barliman Butterbur: Apu

I cant’ help but think we need parts for Kent Brockman and poor ol’ Gil. Anyone have any ideas for these two?

sweet jesus this is funny stuff.
Sam: Ralph
Gandalf: Krusty (not crazy about this choice, but nobody fits)
Aragorn: Homer
Arwen: Marge
Legolas: Otto (bizzare choice, but think about it)
Elrond: Rev. Lovejoy or Comic Book Guy (“No, you are mistaken in your understanding of the events of the Second Age. I know because I was there. However, I do not wish to educate you. And no, I will not take part in your disposal of the ring. Good day.”) Sauron: Kang
Gollum: Hans Moleman
Shelob: Patty and Selma
Orcs: Fat Tony and freinds
Grishnakh (orc in TT): Snake
Nelson, Jimbo etc. Hobbit Gang on RotK
Barliman Butterbur: Apu
Radagast= Frink
Dethenor=Mayor Quimby
Houses of Healing=Dr. Hibbert & Nick Rivera
Charcters in search of a role

Bee Guy
Sea Captian
Lionel Hutz
Somebody needs to compile this list and send to Groening.

damn, I hate when I screw up. Mods! Please delete!

Shouldn’t we be paying a little more attention to the relationships, here? I mean, we can’t very well have Homer as Elrond and Marge as Eowyn at the same time, can we? That’s the advantage of Burns and Smithers as Saruman and Wormtongue-- The relationship is the same.

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by Bosda Di’Chi of Tricor *
**I dissent!

[ul]
[li]The Comic Book Guy should be Gandalf. After all, Gandalf never really does much magic, he merely gabs about it too much. [/ul] **[/li][/QUOTE]

That would be hilarious! I can just see the Moria scenes now. When they wake up the Balrog: “Worst decision ever!”

I agree. The way to go about this is to start by casting Frodo, who I think we can agree should be Lisa (short, brave, principled). If Lisa if Frodo, Sam has to be somebody disturbingly devoted to her. Milhouse springs to mind, but Ralph’s brand of relentless good nature tinged with serious mental retardation suits Sam better. Plus, Milhouse and Bart are naturals for Merry and Pippin.

Now, Gandalf needs to be an authority figure, so any elder Simpson is automatically out. Comic Book Guy is too minor to be Gandalf, and he doesn’t really have any relationship with the other characters. I submit Principal Skinner as Gandalf. Lisa is a teachers pet, so the Lisa-Skinner dynamic matches the Frodo-Gandalf dynamic. Plus, Gandalf’s frequent exasperation with Pippin and Merry matches Skinner’s frequent exasperation with Bart.

I liked Ned Flanders as Tom Bombadil, but if Tom didn’t make the cut for the two and a half hour movie, he sure as heck isn’t going to be in the half-hour Simpsons episode. Besides, Ned’s humble do-gooderism and surprisingly rock-hard pecs would play well as Aragorn.

Boromir should be Ranier Wolfcastles, Bart and Milhouse idolize Wolfcastle, much as Merry and Pippin looked up to Boromir.

Willie, of course, was born to play Gimli.

Legolas is Otto. He’s got the long hair (wrong color, of course) and, as the busdriver, fits in with Skinner and Willie as school-employees-turned-Fellowship-members.

Elrond and Galadriel are Homer and Marge. Sure, Elrond and Galadriel aren’t married to each other, but their relationship with Lisa is what’s important.

As for the badguys, Saruman would have to be Burns. (“Who is that upstart hobbit?” “Frodo Baggins, sir. One of your drones from Sector Three. I mean, Bree.”) Not only does this allow Smithers as Wormtongue, but the idea of Saruman tearing down the forests around Isengard to build a nuclear power plant is too good to pass up. Plus, the nuclear plant gives us an obvious source for Saruman’s “mutant” orcs.

Gollum should be Grandpa. His relationship to Lisa parallels Gollum’s hobbit ancestory, he’s got the age for it, and he has that combination of pathetic bitterness so particular to Gollum. Besides, Grandpa is just too funny to not get a major role.

Sauron is Kang/Kodos. It’s all about the eye.

Chief Wiggum as a Nazgul is good, but I was thinking Nelson and his gang. The Ringwraiths mostly just terrorize hobbits, which matches Nelson’s MO pretty well, too. (Nelson: “Why’re you stabbing yourself, huh? Why don’t you stop stabbing yourself?” <or> Ned: “This was done by a black blade of Mordor. It’s beyond my skills to heal.” Nelson: “Ha-ha!”)

Ahh. My idea seems to be taking off. Excellent. Eeeex-elllent. So…the main lines of contention seem to be as follows:

1 Who should be Frodo, Lisa, Bart, or dark horse candidate Homer? I never would have thought of Homer/Barney myself, it would be a hoot no doubt, but I think that is the least likely. I am partial to Bart, with Milhouse as Sam, but Miller makes an excellent case on behalf of those who want Lisa/Ralph. He also suggest Principal Skinner as Gandalf, but I think if Bart were Frodo then Krusty might be a good choice here…it would be worth it just to hear what Yiddish curses he would be spewing while falling into the pit with the Balrog.

2 Sauron…should it be Burnsie, or Kang/Kodos with Burns as Saruman? I still say Burns should be Sauron, with Smithers as the Mouth of Same…the towers of the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant fit with the architectural motif of Mordor, for one thing, and I think Kang/Kodos would be much better as the Balrog…but Burns/Smithers as Saruman/Wormtongue is intrigueing.

Although really, now that I think of it, I don’t see Smithers as Wormtongue. He’s a grovelling sycophant, yes, but he’s not that pathetic. And he wouldn’t be the one to do something idiotic thing like throw the Palantir overboard from Orthanc…that sounds more like Homer.
There does seem to be a wide though not perfect consensus that Police Chief Wiggum et al should be the Ringwraiths. I think Katisha summed it up best with this:

“That’s some nice wraithing, boys.”

Also my suggestion of Willie as Gimli seems to have caught on. But not Comic Store Guy as Saruman. But if he’s not Saruman, who should he be? We can’t waste CSG…he has to be something.

How about the bartender in Bree?

“Excuuse me, little hobbit…”

Never read or seen LOTR, but I’m sure there’s a role for

Principal Skinnner’s Mother.

My theory is that there’s ALWAYS an evil hag needed somewhere.

Everybody is blinded by their love of Ralph and want to put him as Sam. It is clear that he was made to play the happy go lucky role of Gollum. That and the lesser known Golden Rule of Simpsons. Don’t split up Lisa and Bart; they are the funniest when paired with each other.

Frodo:Lisa
Sam:Bart
Merry & Pippen: Nelson & Milhouse
Gandalf: Homer (go with me here, stars always get the best parts)
Aragorn: Principle Skinner
Legolas: Apu
Boromir: Barney
Elrond: Comic Book Guy
Sauron: Kang
Gollum: Ralph
Galadriel: Marge

“Saruman has been very vocal on de subject of de Hobbits:
Where’s de Hobbits? When are you getting de Hobbits?
Why aren’t you getting de Hobbits now? And so on…”

Or maybe Bart should be someone evil? He does a good manic laugh.