A toast to Cranky

CrankyAsAnOldMan rocks. I know she’s been here much longer than i have and we haven’t interacted all that much, but i think that if you think that someone’s cool you should always say it so…

She always seems to have something clever/funny/wise to say. In the past week alone: she’s knowledgeable in GQ and funny as hell in a pit thread. In MPSIMS she’s the voice of reason in a controversial thread, helpful and nice to fellow dopers, occasionally curmudgeonly (about things i think it’s quite sensible to be curmudgeonly). She has great ideas and gives good advice too. Hell, she’s just an all-round exemplary doper in my book.

And on top of all this, she raises 2-year-old Cranky Jnr and is doing a PhD. Hats off to the woman.

I raise my glass to Cranky. Join me?

Fran

Ditto and absolutely!

::raises a glass::

Salute!

Then again, I’ll drink to anything.

Hear hear! Tchuss!

::raises her glass::

Cranky has often tickled my funny bone with some sly or snide remark hereabouts. She was also the first to proclaim a secret crush on me at these boards. Put the two together and it’s a perfect excuse to toast her with a long pull of cold Vernor’s.

Cranky, you kick ass.

::downs toast:: Awesome! :stuck_out_tongue:

Incidentally, it’s champagne…

I’ve met Cranky and she is just as cool in person.

Here’s to you, Cranky!

Plus, I love your board name. :slight_smile:

I hosted a Dopefest last summer, at my home. Cranky was one of several SDMB Glitterati that attended, and I can indeed attest to her utter fabulousness. She truly doth rock. :smiley:

she also picks out fantastic presents.
she has given me a great reason to clean out my basement.
cranky is VERY cool.

Francesca I agree. Cranky is among the first names I started to recongized as a personal favorite.

Salud!
Abby

Can’t toast right now (I’m at work!), but as soon as I get home!:wink:

Here’s to ya (in an hour or so) Cranky!!

I’m home now!

Astroboy stands and raises his beer

Here’s to ya, Cranky! For many reasons!
:smiley:

Cheers to Cranky!

We havent had any klind of one to one correspondence yet, so she is not exactly an acquaintance for me, but I do admire her from afar, and I would like to be a friend of hers:))))

…but I had no idea she’d infiltrated the SDMB! I suspect that in some threads I’m more tolerated than liked, but spread enough money around and you can get anyone to chime in with a fond word or two.

Seriously, I’m stunned and embarrassed and sheepishly delighted and appreciative. I saw this thread last night but was too overwhelmed to acknowledge how nice it was to see.

Thanks! Thanks Francesca and the rest of you. *blows kisses, straightens foil tiara, blushes furiously and bolts out of the room *

She ain’t too cranky. She’s not that old. She sure as hell ain’t a man.

What’s up with that username, CoolAsAHipChick?

And that’s why I like you so much.

Foil tiara, what a hoot!

I hope Dt. Mt. Dew is okay for a toast.

Keep on keeping on, Cranky!

----:)/ x o x o x
----///\\

Plus, she’s cute as a button. And an excellent dinner partner. And neither old nor a man. Yay Cranky!

Even though she stood me up the first time I went to a Michigan Dopefest, my first Dopefest [sub]okay, so it was in the middle of a major winter storm[/sub], and even though she came up with the idea of the SWAP MEET and then I got left holding the bag [sub]okay, so I volunteered and it was actually kinda fun[/sub], I guess she’s an okay chick.

Here’s to you, Cranky. Salute!