AAAAAAARRRRGGGHH!!! Fucking webhost...

Ok so I was gonna reply to this thread after first calming down a bit. I was going to go to bed first, but I realized it might be closed by the time I got up, so I got a nice idea going and got out of bed to post it.

Lynn closed it. Kinda sucky, but I understand. Them’s the rules. I feel a little cheated but I keep forgetting that I am NOT running for office and I do NOT fall under any “equal time” media laws…drat.

But that is not the whole point of this post.

I came up with a really clever answer to the mind-boggling OP. Something that wouldn’t make me look any more like a dirty doormat whore than clnilsen has already displayed me to be.

I decided I’d email this clever answer to him. I logged on to my bedroom computer - on which I only use Webmail for various reasons not of your concern. I fired up webmail and start to compose. Words flowed amazingly from my head to my fingers - like back in the day when I was a really good writer 'n stuff. It didn’t even take that long to compose, as I was on such a roll.

I finished it then proofread it. Nice. Made a coupla changes. Now it was even nicer!

My Webmail doesn’t happen to be set up to “Save On Send”. I dunno, it just ISN’T, OKAY?

GOSH!

Anyway so I hit “Save Email” (before sending) so I can read my handiwork later. I’m a writer, for chrissakes! I like to re-read and pat myself on the back!

So what happens? MOTHERFUCKER LOGS ME OUT!

Whole thing - gone. A very clever and well-done Fuck Off letter encompassing 2 years of being physically fucked and 6 months of being mentally fucked just GONE.

AAARRRGGGHH!!!

It’s a little too late and I’m a little too frustrated now to re-create this clever tome in a new email. clnilsen will not get to feel my wrath today.

BUT…HERE’S the kicker…

See in the title - “Fucking Webhost”?

Guess who that webhost is. Guess.

It’s me!!! hahaha…MEEE!!! I run my own server. Have my own company, ya see. Bought that webserver, mailserver and accompanying webmail software myself. “This is the app we need to buy for our customers” I thought. We have like over 1000 email users. I bought it like 3 years ago too. Never really bothered to check timeout settings and whatnot.

:smack:

holy fucking christ. I really am at a loss for who to pit here. Me, clnilsen, Lynn (i’d never…really…), my biz partner (he does most the server stuff), Ipswitch (software folks)…

i dunno.

Damn, I wish I had karate lessons today. I need to beat something.