Aaarrrggghhh!

I will not reply to the religion thread. I will not reply to the religion thread. I will not reply to the religion thread. I will not reply to the religion thread. I will not reply to the religion thread.

Can someone save me a good seat in Hell?

And didn’t I have the same conversation with JWB once?

You can sit next to me, if you want. I plan to bring a package of weenies.

You cannot escape the dark side of the thread. We are everywhere. Give in and come over to the dark side.
Are you a rightous Christian or a godless heathen? one simple question can’t possibly be addictive!

Going to hell, eh? Well, cheer up . . .

• 14 Best Things About Hell:
  1. None of that annoying check-in procedure like with St. Peter.

2. Due to recent health code changes, vats of boiling brimstone now use low-fat canola oil.

3. Your “Do you smell something burning?” slays 'em, year after year.

4. Plenty of legal help available for filing “wrongful death” lawsuit.

5. Newly passed law: Three strikes and you’re back in LA.

6. Satan’s confused attempts to torture masochists can be highly entertaining.

7. Well, sure, it’s hot, but it’s a dry heat.

8. The surprisingly entertaining “Hitler and Kathie Lee Show.”

9. Prizes awarded for best crank phone calls to God.

10. Everywhere you look, there’s a smoking section!

11. Free Microsoft software for everyone (as per agreement made back in early 80’s).

12. Saturday night WWF tag-team bout between Genghis Khan, Vlad the Impaler, and Hitler.

13. Everyone gets a length of pipe and a daily crack at Nancy Kerrigan’s knee.

14. There’s a fortune to be made on “Welcome, O.J.” t-shirts.

Kat, be strong. I always swear I will not be drawn into a religion thread, and this time I’ve been very good. I haven’t yet felt the need to tell that ignorant inbred snake-grabber what I think of him.

Dr. Fidelius, Charlatan
Associate Curator Anomalous Paleontology, Miskatonic University
“You cannot reason a man out of a position that he did not reach through reason.”

Holly: You can sit next to me, if you want. I plan to bring a package of weenies.

–Cool! I’ll bring condiments. Who’s bringing marshmallows?

Slythe: You cannot escape the dark side of the thread. We are everywhere. Give in and come over to the dark side.
Are you a rightous Christian or a godless heathen? one simple question can’t possibly be addictive!

–I believe he thinks I’m a godless heathen, but I’m actually a blasphemer. :wink: I’ve written 2 posts already on that thread, but I’ve resolved not to make any more.

Unfortunately, I took the bait (on the great debates part of the net, I think) and swallowed it whole. I already agreed there that I’d bring the marshmallows. :slight_smile:

PR

I do my damnedest to stay out of the entire Great Debates forum. I won’t win, and I’ll just end up crying.

“I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it,” Jack Handy

Hey Kat, how do you like your lightning, ball, chain, greased, or other? Which ghod are you blaspheming against, or is it all of them?
Actually, the G.D. Debate(damn, I love that abbreviation!) has calmed down a bit, because ARG220 is momentarily computerless.
GR8Kat, DO come in. Sometimes you can’t learn something unless it is written on the side of a two-by-four, and the more people that join in the more sides of each argument are seen.
If nothing else, you learn HOW to argue effectively by seeing how people react to what you say.

I just don’t like to argue. I prefer to just read other people’s arguments. But I get sucked in sometimes, and then I take everything personally. I just don’t have the intestinal fortitude, I guess :slight_smile:

“I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it,” Jack Handy

ROFL. Two, non-smoking please.

Dang, now I HAVE to read it just
to see what that “ignorant inbred
snake-grabber” said. If I’m not back
in 2 hours, send out the dogs.

GR8Kat, I’ve read your posts, and you are precisely the type we need over in the G.D. Debates. Reasoned intelligence is a plus, believe me.

Would you like some mind-candy, little girl? We won’t hurt you. promise!

Holly, the weenies are all up in Heaven. At least according to them.

Make mine White Lightning, please.

And I blaspheme against ARG’s God, of course, because I do not believe that ARG is not the supreme authority on God and I believe that he is arrogant to think that he is. I suppose that I am also a heretic (an heretic?) as well as a blasphemer, because I don’t worship the ARG God.

That should be “I don’t believe ARG is the supreme authority on God”.

My my my. What have we here? Now I’m a snake handler? Please. I must admit it’s odd reading insults about myself. (Was that correct English?) Anyway.

A heck, I’m not even going to defend myself. It’s pointless to try. It just makes me sad that you poke fun at hell. It’s a place of eternal torment and you’re talking about bringing hot dogs. I know you’re being sarcastic, because you don’t believe that hell even exists. The saddest part will be when you realize it does.

Silly, silly ARG220…
We were refering to you, not to hell itself.
Though at times it is hard to tell the difference, due to your insistance at talking down at everyone, and you constant circular reasoning.

Ok, Holly, Kat, and Lissa poked fun at hell, talking about marshmallows, and hot dogs. And others have spoken of bear, and Mark Twain in hell. (On the other threads)

Well, it's all fun and games, until somebody gets hurt.

Hmmm…I have always found religious freaks and zealots rather worrisome creatures. The torture, maim and kill all in the name of god, and righteous religion.

Cogito Ergo Vroom
I think therefore I ride fast…

So, I guess my next question is: Do you all think I’m some sort of freak, or zealot?

I have to agree with you, that many people do extremely stupid things, "in the name of God." And it's those individuals (and sometimes whole groups) that give an awful reputation to the body of Christ, i.e. the Christian church.

Some people hear the word “Christian” and go crazy, because they know of some freak who killed the abortion doctor, or some nut who commited a horrible crime “in God’s name.” For the millions of us God-fearing, peace-loving Christians, this just rattles our cages. Because then when we try to show the world that God loves them, and that WE love them, they’ll have none of it.