Again with the annoying commercials!

Ditto. I don’t really even like to eat them in public because I have a need to wipe my hands frequently; cannot stand having that orange stuff on my fingers. I really don’t want to see it on anyone else’s fingers, face or, god forbid, in their teeth :nauseated_face:

Mostly a consequence of where they live.

With their little tuxedos and ice cube tears.

What kind of idiot loads a paper plate with a huge mound of spaghetti and meatballs and then tries to hold the plate by the edge?

Fear not, morons - Dixie has come to your rescue.

A commercial for Thinx has been playing lately. It is a brand of panties to absorb menstrual blood. It shows a woman getting out of bed and her panties are soaked through and quite visible and the sheets are spotted. Then another shot of a woman getting off a white couch with a red stain. Finally a shot where a woman whips off the covers and exposes her clean Thinx undies. The last part is mildly erotic but the first part is TMI.

There are two airbnb commercials I’m seeing a lot right now. One seems to be about getting an airbnb with your friends and having a fun time. The other is about bringing your pet to an airbnb. Cute images and fully show the perks of an airbnb (pets can be hard a hotel. And a weekend getaway with friends can be easier at a rental house than in hotel rooms.)

However, the songs that they play with them are “Forever Young” which is about dying in nuclear war (and/or as cannon fodder before the actual nukes get dropped) and “I will always love you” which is about ending a relationship painfully. These are not songs that go with happy times or good memories. I can not think of any reason to end my relationship with my dog and I don’t know why AirBnB wants me to associate that feeling with their company. What the hell?
Who chose these songs? What were they thinking?

which forever young ? Alphaville’s or rod Stewart’s ?

Alphaville, except it’s a melancholy cover that only adds to the “huh?”.

The one with the dog, who is a very cute, very Good Boy, looks like it’s a memorial to someone’s dead pet. I’m with amarinth; what were they thinking?

It’s like all those ads with Fleetwood Mac’s Go Your Own Way. That is a really rough break up song, and certainly not a happy, cheerful song.

like the copd where they declare " copd tells me to go this way but i go my own way with" (drug name I’ve forgotten)

There’s some medicine ad with some blonde lady who’s basically trying to break through every single female stereotype from the 70s. Shes the umpire on a softball team. She does her own home repairs with a tool-belt around her waist. She wears ripped jeans and a ratty t-shirt. If this was 1983 she would have her own sitcom.

Is this the one with “I’m Erin!”, “And I’m Margot!”? Like we give a shit what they decided to name these two characters.

I find the latest Zyrtec commercial that’s playing all the time to be extremely annoying. A guy and his female partner are doing some kind of yoga move in a class in the park where they lock elbows back-to-back, and he bends her over his back. Then he has a sneezing attack while still bending over, while she panics and flails around. Couldn’t the guy have just stood up and released her as soon as the attack started?

So she gives him some Zyrtec and the next day she is all smiles and nods and ready to try again, just 24 hours after he almost made her a paraplegic.

Nurtec, featuring one of the Kardashians. I don’t recall if they actually show her name but even someone like I, who don’t pay them enough attention to tell them apart can see the trademark clown makeup an overinflated lips. It’s starts off with her annoyingly stammering “…I…haaaave … been suffering”, and the sound of that irritates me right off the bat. When I’m actually looking at the thing, all I can do is focus on her ridiculous fake lips and all the places contouring makeup has been applied. After she blathers for a few seconds, it’s just a scene of her doing a photo shoot, with that vapid look on her face. Seems like if she’s going to be doing an ad for migraine relief she’d do the botox one.

Maybe it irritates me so much because up to now, I’ve been able to avoid the K family and this commercial plays constantly.

Emgality is back with more Mother/Daughter playing fantasies.

As we pointed out before it is rare and sad for a Mother to be her daughters only playmate, but apparently for some class of Female consumer- playing games all day long with their daughter is their vision of best ever life.

![image|690x387]

Not too many women faker looking than this:

Yeah, it’s supposed to be a contrast of Erin being the “tomboy” and Margot being the “girly-girl” since Margot works as a dress designer.

I hate that one too because it looks like she doesn’t have the first clue how to do any of those things. Like the umpiring thing – “Strike 1” and then she doesn’t move, nor do the batter nor the catcher … like a final freeze frame of that sit-com.

I sw an ad for Interactive mortgages, that had two actors talking about their mortgage. But you never saw their faces! When they were talking, their mouths were never visible. I’m not even sure the actors knew what commercial they were doing.

Obviously a cost-saving move. If they don’t have lines, you can pay your actors less.

There’s an ad for some financial service where this older couple keep visiting their financial advisor because their lives keep changing. Finally, at the end, their daughter is looking at the mom’s paintings, and she says, “Mom, you could sell these.” Next thing you know, mom and dad are at back at their financial advisor’s office. Why did mom deciding to sell paintings mean they need to change their finances? Has she made so much money selling her crappy paintings that they have a luxury lifestyle now?