AI Dungeon - the infinite storytelling generator

Funny. Notice how that story in that link is not even by me. But it was the link to my story about Bo and Luke Duke…something’s fishy here.

Props for trying make Brundle do a shoey! Lol!

I guess horses make for boring stories.

HA! Easiest win yet!

The story AI seems to be getting very easily confused today, I’ve tried two accounts and it makes no difference, stories get stuck in a loop within minutes, maybe the game is getting too popular and the Ai can’t handle the amount of input?

It seems to be back up.

I just created a story where I’m on the Enterprise and I rescued my wife from the Borg, but not before she assimilated Troi, Nurse Ogawa and Wesley (no big loss on the last one)

I was able to have the EMH rescue her and de-assimilate her, we’re in 10 forward, sharing some Romulan ale and Gaqh (she likes Klingon food) when the game spits up this gem…

>drink Romulan Ale with Tia

“This tastes terrible”
“We’ve been drinking this for days, you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover”
“I think I will”

You order another round of ale and keep talking to her

>order some Gaqh for both of us
“Okay, okay I’ll try”

>“Tia, do you like Klingon food?”

Oh yes, I love it, do you have any idea what kind of trouble we’d be in if we ordered Romulan Meatballs instead?
It took a lot of coaxing to get past the stalls and loops in the AI, but it’s not crashing as quickly now

And it gets more bizzare, we go to shuttlebay 1 and borrow a type 42 TARDIS, and the AI recognizes that the TARDIS is capable of traveling anywhere in time/space;

“We can travel through time and space and find our own planet”

I’m going to set the destination to “random” and see where the game sends us…

…and we’re stuck in another logic loop, well it was fun while it lasted…

Curse you, Perry the Platypus!

A pretty straightforward tale about the comic-to-movie pipeline.

You’re link was broken. I fixed it.
http://beta.aidungeon.io/stories/VQDVqA6wZ

I logged out of the Android app and there doesn’t seem to be any way too log back in. Entering your email just takes you to the account setup and then it rejects your name as already in use. Not that I can’t just start fresh but that… seems odd?

Poor design.

The iOS version lets you sign in with whatever credentials you previously gave it, so this must be an Android issue.

Yeah, Android doesn’t even have a log in screen/button which seems like it should be a really obvious thing. I even thought maybe reusing the same login name would give a “If you already have an account…” link but nope.

I can confirm it’s not an Android issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab tablet and I just downloaded and installed it. The first screen asks me to put in my email address or log in via Facebook. I gave my previous email address I’d used to register on iOS, then the next screen asked for my password. I gave my password and it logged me in.

I know the login worked because I was able to look at my stories and see my old sessions I’d played. So it’s not an Android thing, maybe it is a problem with a particular device, or an old version of Android? (My tablet is on Android 9 “Pie”.)

Maybe it’s an issue for accounts made on Android. I have it on both my older Lenovo tablet and my Android 9 running Nokia 7.1 and neither responses to me entering my previously used emails by asking for a password. Both go to the account creation screen.

I found this article talking about how this game was made and how it works:

EDIT:
I really like this exchange:

*What genres or other formats do you hope to add to your dataset for future iterations?

I’d certainly like to add more genres to it, but the next thing I’ll be working on is getting a better hosting solution and finishing my reverse AI Dungeon mode, where the AI is the player and the human is the Dungeon Master.*

I had a story where I was a scavenger in a post-apocalyptic setting.

It quickly threw out that setting after some girlfriend I didn’t know I had suddenly was my girlfriend and after we went back to the house I didn’t know I had I woke up from a dream.

My girlfriend was apparently dead all along. But then…

I woke up from a dream. My sister was missing and I had to find her. But then…

I woke up from a dream.

Seriously, I kept waking up from dreams in another setting.

I eventually gave up on that story because I could just go watch Inception instead.

the AI has seemed to stabilize pretty well , the last two days have been pretty consistent.

ive been having a blast with a story that’s been playing out for the last two days, I wanted to make a kind of stream-of-consciousness, fever dream, funny, creepy and super NSFW story, it started of pretty hard-R and I went for the creepy and weird angle at first, but as the game matured and the AI adapted, it started taking on a life of its own!, it actually surprised me a few times.

it had conflict, political intrigue, new societies establishing and jockeying for power, but it got off track when the lead character had to deal with a family emergency, I really played out that angle and that plotline may have confused the AI a bit, it’s getting a little ditzy now, but it’s getting back on track, the AI seems to be adaptable, and i’m running with this one until the game breaks, I want to see how the AI evolves.

I would post it here, but i’m afraid that some may get offended as it’s super NSFW and gloriously un-PC, SJW’s would loathe it

the story has nothing in common with my personality, I just wanted to write a crazy story that doesn’t censor itself, is designed to piss off SJW’s and most importantly, i’m deliberately TRYING to confuse the AI ;), it’s a technician thing

part of me wants to post it, but i’d also be very embarrassed if someone read it and judged my integrity from it, the story is not my mindset, it’s me writing a crazy story and trying to break the AI…

TL;DR cliffs notes;
mad scientist creates tech that creates three societal groups, people become obsessed with joining the groups, infighting occurs, alliances are made, the main family suffers an accident that rocks them to the core, and they are starting to recover from the accident, the game is a little feverish right now though

Watership Orc