albums, what are your worst/most hated albums of the year?

and also worst songs of the year…
:slight_smile:

voice your opinions…

Chief’s Domain - http://www.seas.ucla.edu/~ravi

WORST albums is going to be very hard to pin down, but if either Mariah Carey or Whitney Houston had something out this year (I thnik WH did, actually), then those are the ones.

Now go and start a BEST albums thread :wink:

Worst Songs: Heartbreaker by said Carey, although I saw the new No Doubt clip last night (SPiderwebs, I think), and that was pretty damn bad too…

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

I think Mambo #5 is making a late run for worst song of the year. If I hear that song one more time, I’m going to vomit.

Everything related to Céline Dion.

'Nuff said.

Some drink at the fountain of knowledge…others just gargle.

Time for my Denis Leary impersonation…
Two words: Ricky Fuckin’ Martin.

Dunno if it’s new or not, but the cafeteria here at work >>SHHH<< plays this top 40 crap station (on alternate days, with a local francophone station) on which was playing somethings like this:

<WOMAN SINGING ROUGHLY ON KEY SOUNDING LIKE SHE WAS TRYING TO PASS A REALLY HARD STOOL>
I miiiiiisssss you ssooooooooooooo
</WOMAN SINGING ROUGHLY ON KEY SOUNDING LIKE SHE WAS TRYING TO PASS A REALLY HARD STOOL>

I honestly don’t know if there were any other lyrics, because after about 90 seconds of this I got the hell out.

Anyone ID this?

I buggered it up. I had faux-HTML codes in there indicating that it was a female voice, and she sounded like had really bad piles and was trying to pass a very hard, thick, stool.

I can’t believe I went out and bought the soundtrack to The Bride of Chucky. What the hell was I thinking???

I also can’t believe I spent $15 on Type O Negative’s ‘World Coming Down’… ugh… I’d rather have someone repeatedly punch my in the stomach with brass knuckles than listen to that crap.

FOR SALE: 1 slightly used T.O.N. cd only $10!!!

“I may be crazy, but at least I’m not as crazy as you.”-- Calvin and Hobbes
(__)
\/-------\ | |-----| |
…c.c…c.c…

Here’s another vote for Mambo #5, and a suggestion that they change the title to “Mambo #2”.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to head over to the Pit and flame WIGGUM for getting it stuck in my head!

“That’s entertainment!” —Vlad the Impaler

The new Megadeth album. Where are the fucking riffs??!!

It’s a long way to heaven, but only three short steps to hell.

You would think this would be in the BBQ pit… but I suppose it won’t inspire too much rage :slight_smile:

I would have to say that the worst song I have hard this year was “Pretty Fly for a White Guy” by Offspring. It’s pretty sad how much that one song managed to ruin my love for the music they play…
Worst album? Hmm… well, any and all of those ‘Wussie’ bands (Hanson, 98 Degrees, Backstreet Boys etc etc) completly make me want to bleed from both ears.

–Hate, I’m your hate, I’m your hate when you want love… -Metallica, Sad but True

I was never a real Zeppelin fan, but I have the new collection CD. I’m a sucker for best of collections. AND Stairway is last so I’ll rarely listen to it. It’s among my hated songs of all time, but I’m sort of numb to it by now.

I vote for a. anything Britney Spears has anything to do with, and b. that godawful violent song by Eminem. That came out when I was in Israel, so I got to hear it uncensored, CONSTANTLY. Oh, and also, whatever Cher did. Ugh ugh ugh.

~Kyla

“You couldn’t fool your mother on the foolingest day of your life if you had an electrified fooling machine.”

After a 10 year absence, the Art of Noise releases a piece o crap album that I cant remember the title of. maybe something like “ode to Claude Debusse” (?)

I listened to it 1.5 times and took it down to the used cd shop to get 1/3 of what I payed for it. I was totally disapointed (is valley talk coming back soon)

rubes