Allegedly, David Cameron once shagged a pig.

As I stated in the Corbyn election thread. The new era of politics is now over. When it comes to allegations of Tory sleaze the worthy Left wing press show little restraint. The Indie has 10 stories dealing with these allegations, The Guardian have a similar number.

Well, if Cameron hadn’t lost the Muslim vote before now…

And the BBC Website has one, which doesn’t even mention the pig, just saying “They include allegations of drug-taking and an initiation ceremony Mr Cameron is said, by an unnamed source, to have taken part in”. And that only went up in the afternoon on Monday, the day after it all started kicking off.

Are people still claiming the BBC has a left wing bias?

The BBC is a very large organisation. Different parts undoubtedly have different biases. And the BBC have to play it very carefully: their charter is up for renewal soon and the Tories have them firmly in their sights for past perceived misdemeanours

There go the Right Wing press’s plans to accuse Mr. Corbyn of bestiality and black magic next week.

Um, you know that this story was broken in the Mail, yes? Due to a book by a Tory donor? The “left-wing press” took a long time to catch up, and the Indie and the Guardian have been running anti-Corbyn stuff ever since he was suggested as leader.

You are wrong. This is not a leftist smear. Do not try to use this as an attempt to bolster your position because it does the opposite.

FWIW, in the past neither the left nor right-wing press has been in the slightest bit hesitant to publish anything sexual about any MP if it helps sales. That’s just what they do.

Yes, I know The Mail broke the story. Im not at all surprised a populist paper broke a titillating populist story. What I am surprised at is the 10 stories dealing with these allegations on the Indie website and a similar number on The Guardian site. Considering these allegations are poorly sourced, and fairly minor, I think this is overkill

I did not say the *original *story was a leftist smear so please do not suggest I did. I said it was a story that is being taken up with great zeal by the left wing press; a left wing press that can be rather worthy when it wishes to be. The same “worthy” left wing press is showing itself for the partisan political hatchet machine it really is.

Ten actual separate stories just on the Indie? Cite, please, especially a cite that’s more than in the Mail or Telegraph or Express - who all broke with this story early.

And who has ever said that left-wing newspapers won’t make the best out of right-wing sleaze? Of course they will - it’s sleaze! When it comes to sleaze, no newspaper in the UK of any type at all has ever shown any restraint. But that this story was broken by a right-wing newspaper does damage your statement, still.

I guess you weren’t around in the 80s and early 90s when the term sleaze really came into its own and there was an almost non-partisan competition among newspapers to see who could find the best sleaze next.

Well, it looks like British politics has finally caught up with ore-WWII Texas politics.

The story goes that Lyndon Johnson, in one of his early political races, suggested to a campaign aide that they circulate a rumor that his opponent had had carnal relations with a pig.

“We can’t call him a pig-fucker, Lyndon!” the aide said. “No one will believe it!”

“We’ll make him deny it” said Lyndon, chuckling.

Have a scroll down and list them. Hours of reading on this one story from the Independent alone.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/

In his defense, those Oxford pigs are hot.

The Aristocrats

Sorry, I was rushed earlier so couldn’t fully reply. Yes, I was around in the 80’s. I am not talking about then I am talking about now. The new political era, allegedly. Except it’s not. It’s the usual era of partisan political guff.

Im not necessarily against sleaze in the newspapers. It’s a worthwhile job of the media to burst the bubble of politicians. Sometimes this is done in a noble manner, other times in a less than noble manner. Im simply pointing out the fact that the left wing “serious” press are just as suseptible to take the less than noble route as the right wing press.

Twitter has been on fire since last night with pig jokes. Best day ever.

Why bring politics into this ? Can’t we enjoy a wonderful event without dragging left and right into it ?
This is a wonderful day for pig-fanciers everywhere; and for all of us others who simply applaud their struggles to be accepted and respected as equals.

We need a poll. Should this event be called:

1. #snoutrage
  2. Bae of Pigs
  3. ??
    Also, I can’t help but think of poor Lyndon Johnson, who had to limit himself to making his opponent deny it.
  1. Swine/11?

This swill all blow over soon. It was obviously one of his rasher decisions. The PM’s alternative lifestyle is snout to do with anyone else.

1. Poundhog day?
  1. Pen-ghazi