Allow me this brief moment of self-pity.

As most of you know, my ex-jerkoff dumped me abruptly a couple of months ago.
The break-up started a storm of controversy that resulted in me losing most of my friends. Out of my substantial social network, two, TWO people stood by me to offer me support and encouragement. The rest lied to me, ignored me, or hijacked my dope account and began making harassing calls to my family. It makes me sick. Some of these friendships lasted for years, and the pasty little computer boy breaks up with me, tells a few lies and THAT’S IT! I’m crazy, not worthy of respect.
So in short, my phone has stopped ringing. It rings maybe once a day, twice at the most. The other friends I have are too busy to ever call me back. I always call them. I guess what I am trying to say is…I’m lonely. I am going to go get something to eat, by myself. This will be the third night in a row I will eat by myself. Tomorrow, I might go shopping at night, by myself. I will most likely go have dinner by myself too. This doesn’t sound like a big deal to some, but it is horrible for me. I am, and always have been, social by nature. I am always happy surrounded by people. Now, I have no one. I am, for the first time in my life, really and truely alone. And yet, despite all the bitching I have just done, I am not entirely sure I WANT to make new friends. How am I ever supposed to trust anyone ever again after what I have been through? As lonely as it is maybe it is better for me this way…
Thanks for reading.
Torie

{{{{{torie}}}}}
You still have us at the Dope (if you ever bothered to email people back :stuck_out_tongue: ).

After how my last couple of friends did me, I figure I’m better off without.
I talk about once to twice a week with a lady I worked with a few years back.
I don’t bother with people that can’t be bothered to call me back.
If someone feels I’m worth thier time, they can pick up the phone.

Just find something to occupy your time, maybe join some group or club or take you meals out to some social place (thinking sandwich in a coffee shop).

It’ll be ok. :slight_smile:

This may sound obvious, but it’s worth saying anyway: Anyone who would treat you the way you’ve been treated is not much of a friend to begin with. Good riddance, even if the interim between losing them and gaining some real friends is longer and lonelier than you would like it to be.

You’ll meet new folks and better friends. The mere fact you crave companionship is a pretty good indicator that you’ll get it before too long; like you said, you’re social by nature. You’re built for success!