Am I asexual or just a normal woman?

Well until you have had it, I guess you won’t know will you? You may find you enjoy it quite a bit, or you may find that you don’t enjoy it at all. Sort of like me saying I don’t like sushi without ever actually trying it. (I do enjoy sushi by the way!)

So it is sort of hard to discuss if you are asexual or not. Even if you are, then you just need to find a guy (or woman) with similar qualities it seems to me. Good luck!

Sure. I would prefer it.

Would he be allowed to seek sex outside the marriage if he chose to?

I hear a whoosh-ing noise.

You say English isn’t your first language. Is there something about your native culture that discourages sexuality in females?

Hmmm, that’s trickier. Ideally he would be asexual too.

No. Not in an extreme way. Just like any normal latin country. Women are allowed to be sexy.

Okay, thanks. How about your hormone levels? You might want to have them checked if you haven’t already.

Have you ever considered that you might be gay? Have you ever been attracted to another woman?

In addition to this, have you ever felt sexual attraction to any male, including movie stars, athletes, etc.?

I might also suggest seeing a doctor. Having zero sex drive could be a symptom of something else.

I’m a 48 year old virgin woman. Plenty of reasons why. Strict religious upbringing, lack of interesting available males, morally opposed to abortion, turned off by excess drama that love in real life seems to engender, whole process seems more trouble than it’s worth…take your pick.

I do have urges, but I satisfy them with invisible boyfriends. I call myself faux-sexual.

I’m not the world’s happiest person, but that has nothing to do with my love life. As long as I have my books and movies and writing, I’m fine. I’ve never wanted a real life boyfriend. I guess that makes me strange, but I don’t really care.

I wouldn’t worry about your lack of ardor for romance, if it doesn’t bother you. I truly think some people are meant to fly solo.

I am very much the same way, except that I am male. I also am very “meh” about sex and romance. It’s been working out for me fine so far.

Human: “Did I mention I find aliens really sexy?

Alien Overlord: “Surgeons! Take it out! Take it out!”

Just want to say you’re not the only one. I’m more-or-less asexual, too. I understand what you are saying.

I panic at the thought of someone wanting sex from me, I don’t know why. I would like to have a life partner but I fear that almost any guy would lose interest in me when he realized that. Even if it was a patient guy and I wanted to try with him, I would be so awkward it would be really embarrassing. Anyone know a website for meeting like-minded people? I’ve toyed with the idea of looking into Christian dating sites (I’m somewhat religious.)

The OP sounds like she is a normal, functioning, contented person though.

Well, I’m not sure if “need” comes into it, really. I mean, I’ve been married and am getting married again, but do I need that? I don’t think I do. I am happier with them than without them, but I’m pretty content even without someone in my life. Going to the movies, hugging, and fingers running through your hair (which I love, too, but I don’t think there’s just one word that means that) probably isn’t enough of a want to make it worth your while. If you had said it’d be nice to have someone to talk with and share things with and support and get support from and maybe have children someday, etc, then I’d say get a vibrator, see if there’s anything that pleases or excites you, and then start socializing generally to see if you could find someone you click with.

Of course, there’s nothing wrong with trying a vibrator just to see what there is to it, but if that isn’t appealing that’s no one’s business but your own.

I laughed. :smiley:

I find this the biggest criminal issue of our biology. Not that you’re asexual, but that people are all over the friggin map…what are the freekin odds you end up with someone with a compatible libido…long term?

a link for the asexuals and might-be-asexuals…

AVEN, the Asexual Visibility and Education Network.

Information, community, even links to asexual friendly internet dating sites or two.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with you. If you’re happy as you are, then don’t worry about it.

I wonder, does anybody know if there’s maybe an asexuals dating site out there she could check out? Surely there must be…

And…that’s why I should preview. Thanks, Sinister Duck.

There is absolutely nothing close to being wrong with having no interest in sex to speak of. There are plenty of people out there, male and female, that feel the exact same way. If you ever intend to change your ways, make sure it’s because you actually feel like it, not because you feel different- you aren’t really.