Am I having an affair?

First time I’ve really spewed coffee all over my monitor, well done sir.

Nevermind. Seems to have been addressed

Since when does a mother have a right to sign away rights that don’t belong to her?

It depends on the state and how they want to deal with sperm donors who apparently don’t go through official-enough channels.

This isn’t a conventional sperm donor, though. He’s fucking her.

that’s what i meant by “not official enough” :smiley:

It’s really too bad there isn’t a legal way to personally donate sperm. Why go through tens of thousands of dollars or even worse bill it all to the already stressed health insurance system when you can just have sex and get pregnant.

And before you say it’s not fair to the child it’s no different than a regular sperm donor not having responsibility for the child. Maybe a legal form that both parties have to sign in front of a Notary Public.

I’ve thought of it many times, if I wanted a child and needed some sperm I would do this exact thing. I don’t see what’s so awful except that his wife doesn’t know.

Other than that the wording makes it sound like he’s actually fucking her to deposit the sperm, you mean? I’ll add the potential/likely future obligation on his part to support his child, then, when she decides to drop that bombshell on him.

That’s why I said there should be a legal way to do this. An anonymous donor is also not supporting his child, if and when there is one.

Actually I think they should be doing the sperm-to-cup-to-vagina thing.

There is an intermediary involved with sperm donation, not to mention anonymity.

The problem is with selfish people who do what they want (“I want a child!”) without thinking about the child in question.

I would think that if wanting a child is so important, then people would think about the needs of that child before their own.
ETA: There is a legal way to get pregnant your way…have sex with some guy and get pregnant. Don’t tell him and don’t come after him (or the state) for support. Provide for your child. The end.

Almost seven hours from the initial OP, and no response? I’d call any suspicions basically validated by now.

There should be a legal way for the father to not be responsible if a woman intentionally tricks him into getting her pregnant and then later demands child support. Wasn’t there a legal case where a woman took sperm from a discarded condom, impregnated herself, and sued the father for support?

Actually, in many locations there is a way to donate sperm and renounce parental rights, but it involves filing the renunciation documents at the court and doesn’t invalidate all of the child’s filial rights.

It’s not certain she’s pregnant yet. Maybe he’s making sure.

I was wondering about that. I know a few children whose parents have renounced their parental rights.

Maybe a man in this situation could be legally protected if a witness states that the parties were more than ten feet apart at the time of insemination. This would be a new and interesting job for the Notary Public.

Give me a few days off, show me the right video, and I can manage the ten feet. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok you’ve got your distance, how’s your accuracy?

We’ll need a funnel. A big one.

If the OP is telling the truth, then I think the greatest tragedy is that he probably won’t provide a follow-up post detailing how his wife found out about the arrangement because his baby mama took him to court for unpaid child support.

You are guys are all feeding the proverbial duck on this one.