[QUOTE=rockle]
Also, Ian has a tendency – you may have already noticed this – towards really questionable headwear. Really bad: Ian wears hats I wouldn’t wear on a dare. And during their Race, Teri admitted that she was (at least occasionally) wearing paper underpants (not a link – I’m just emphatic about that).
[/QUOTE]
I’ve mostly suppressed the memory, but didn’t we see the paper underpants at one point when they were changing for a challenge? shudder
Aside from agreeing that Bill and Tammy Gaghan would rock as All-Stars, I have to point out that scotandrsn missed the one likable team from Season 4, the Clowns (Al and Jon). They were a lot of fun, and it would’ve been nice to see them back.
[QUOTE=Ms Macphisto]
…I have to point out that scotandrsn missed the one likable team from Season 4, the Clowns (Al and Jon). They were a lot of fun, and it would’ve been nice to see them back.
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Dag Otto]
Clever people finished quickly, not so clever people became very frustrated, and absolutely stupid people (Joyce) shared the answer with the last person in the room (Ian).
[/QUOTE]
And Mary said the answer out loud, then got all indignant when Kevin heard her.
Actually, Mary was getting all indignant about alot of things. Her only redeeming quality last season, was her childlike joy in every new experience. Now she’s acting like a cynical, joyless, harpy.
[QUOTE=McDeath_the_Mad]
…Rob is always thinking of new tactics to mix it up, has remember in Season 7 when he didn’t want to do the meat challenge and he talked 2 other teams into not doing it? When have you ever seen a team not do an event? I never even knew it was possible! Not only did they not do the event and take a time penalty (60 or 90 minutes if I recall) they came out ahead of at least 2 times. Sure it might not have been in the spirit of the game, but it was an awesome strategy!
My money is on Rob and Amber, and everybody knows the way they lost Season 7 was total bullsh!t and there is no way the produces did not have a hand in that.
If that plane didn’t “re-taxi” to the companion way, they would have arrived at least 90 minutes ahead of Ulchena and Joyce. They could have hitch-hiked to the final check point and won! Easy win for Rob and Amber, terrible TV for CBS…
[/QUOTE]
The thing is, with the casting that season and the sudden wimpifying of the penalties (once upon a time they were so harsh that if you dared not follow instructions, you were almost guaranteed elmination by the length of the penalties), It seems to me that they were trying to stack the deck in Rob and Amber’s favor, quite frankly, giving him fairly easy competition to outwit and a system he could easily game to his own advantage. Remember that they broadcast R&A’s wedding almost immediately after the race was shown. What could have been more perfect for the network that thought TAR: Family Edition was a good idea that to have the couple win a million bucks and then have the dream wedding?
They could have easily edited Uchenna and Joyce’s loss to be Rob’s ultimate grinning victory, so I can’t for the life of me imagine why they would put their hand in and get the plane to come back. I think that the producers didn’t see that one coming.
[QUOTE=Ms Macphisto]
I’ve mostly suppressed the memory, but didn’t we see the paper underpants at one point when they were changing for a challenge? shudder
[/QUOTE]
As a matter of fact we did. I know this because I’ve been watching the re-run of season 3 of OLN on Monday nights, and saw the “swimming with the manatees” episode just last night, where we saw Teri’s paper underpants, and heard Ian’s explanation that Teri had found them on the internet and opined that they were more practical than ordinary underwear.
To refine my stance based on rockle’s commentary, I think Rob & Amber are the leading team for now. Wikipedia lists the teams’ standings in the second leg as almost identical to their results in the first leg. So there haven’t been any shake-ups yet.
…
[/QUOTE]
I just need to note this chart of rankings. He’s also done up charts for previous seasons as well, check the home link in the top left corner.