American Idol, 3/1-3/3

Robby sang fine but I hate that song.

I love that song, but meh on his singing. Especially after James just rocked the house.

And he’s got a big nose. I’m so shallow.

I liked the country guy, and I didn’t want to.

But what is this song that Stefano is singing? Blech.

I don’t like the song, but Stefano really sells it.

Catching up on the DVR. Durban was incredible. I think he has ‘another show comin’.

I hate Scotty but he didn’t suck. Stefano is just fodder, he’ll be gone soon.

Tonight is the first I’ve watched AI this year, mainly because my boss assured me Steven Tyler is better on the show than what I would have thought. So far, I agree on that point.

Deep voice country guy is good. That from someone that hates that genre of country.Has he demonstrated any versatility?

The last guy (Stefano) is pretty good too, and again, I typically hate that kind of song.

Judas Priest guy also did well.

I’m not fond of Paul singing Maggie May.

Is there a theme this week? I can’t figure it out, if so. Where are they getting their song choices from?

Paul: too squeaky. And Maggie is nothing to grin about.

Paul’s dentures are about a size too big for his mouth.

I type this with affection: he kind of reminds me of Jack Skellington.

Jacob was nicely restrained. Good job.

No theme, they were able to pick any song.

I didn’t like that version of Maggie May. I thought Paul McDonald was smarmy, too.

Time to walk the dog, I am catching up to the live feed.

[quote=“River_Hippie, post:27, topic:573096”]

Deep voice country guy is good. That from someone that hates that genre of country.Has he demonstrated any versatility? (/quote)

Not one bit. Sorry, I can’t code with this doohickey.

Casey was good, but James really won the night.

Red was smokin’.

I love Casey Abrams! Great song and amazing performance. He’s going to win this year, I think.
Robbie did the worst cover of Angel I’ve ever heard. It’s one thing to try to put your own spin on a song, but completely changing the tune is unacceptable. And as mean as it might sound, Robbie is so unfortunate looking that I can’t stand to watch him.

I thought country boy was great. He’s going to end up being a country star, with or without Idol. And he cracks me up with his facial expressions, lol.
As for Paul, lol, I don’t know what I think about him. He definitely has his own style, a little quirky, a little off, but I like him. When he sang Blackbirds last week I loved it.
I don’t share Randy’s love for Jacob. He’s too dramatic and I’m not a fan of that kind of singing. Obviously he’s amazingly talented, it’s just not my taste.
I’ve never watched American Idol before this year, do they always have this many talented people? I’ve been very impressed.

I liked Casey, and if this Idol thing doesn’t work he might be able to become this guy.

My favorite four.

Durban
Abrams
Lusk
McCreery

The others were just myeh. I am really hoping Doucheglasses, Jordan, and Big Red Hair goes home.

Trying to make my guess on what America will do. It’s hard because I know my taste doesn’t always mesh with America. And trying to guess the teen vote…

Some great ones, some middling ones, and a few that I don’t like at all.