American Idol 3/24

Performers tonight, elimination tomorrow. I’m guessing that Michael will go home next, followed by Kris or Megan.

Er… is it coming on tonight?

Isnt it preempted tonight due to the president’s speech? for some reason, I thought it was Wed/Thurs this week.

You may be right. :smack:

Well…hope it’s on tomorrow, then.

Just keep the thread warm until tomorrow night :D.

Just bumping this since it should air tonight, 3/25, and the elimination will be tomorrow night.

I’m going to be so bored by Motown night. I know these have cemented themselves as “classic” songs, but the entire classic Motown genre is just so painfully dated.

Especially if this is the song list (and it seems like a reasonable enough guess):

Matt Giraud - “Let’s Get it On” by - Marvin Gaye
Kris Allen - “How Sweet it Is” by - Marvin Gaye
Scott MacIntyre - ”You Can’t Hurry Love” by - Supremes
Megan Joy Corkrey - “For Once in My Life” by Stevie Wonder
Anoop Desai - “Ooh Baby Baby” by - Smokey Robinson and The Miracles
Michael Sarver - “Ain’t Too Proud to Beg” by - Temptations
Lil Rounds - “Heatwave” by - Martha and the Vandellas
Adam Lambert - “Tracks of my Tears” by - Smokey and the Miracles
Danny Gokey - “Get Ready” by - Temptations
Allison Iraheta - “Papa was a Rolling Stone” by - Temptations
Here’s hoping for a good MJoy trainwreck.

That was a pretty emasculated version of “Let’s get It On.” Very boy band. Totally nutless.

ETA Of course the judges liked it. Nutless is what they sell.

Marvin Gaye set a very high bar.

Jack Black actually kind of made it fresh and interesting in High Fidelity.

That was, as you said, nutless.

I think tonight will be decent because the song choices will be good.

Matt, good song. Inoffensive performance. But I felt absolutely no sexuality in that performance at all. Sorry, dude. Blah, let’s not get it on, 'kay?

That was exactly my thought-blah.

Kris Allen:

I think “inoffensive” will probably be the word of the night.

He was managing a decent contemporary Jason Mraz/John Mayer/etc. sort of performance, with the exception of the start and the really stupid stupid end.

Chris wasn’t bad. You could hear his guitar a little better, but they’re still mixing it down too much. Pricks. His singing was decent. I’m not going to buy his album.

“How Sweet It Is”:

James Taylor < Kris < Marvin Gaye

(Of course, I hate James Taylor)

Scott-Holiday Inn Lounge.

Hmmm. I really liked both of the first two performances tonight. I thought they were both guys’ best so far.

Yuck, Scott, that was not good.

Did Smokey really say he made that “modern”?!

Bland, bland, and bland. 3 in a row.

“You Can’t Hurry Love” is a perfect example of a song that simply cannot be modernized. It’s a product of its time, and really should have just stayed there.

Especially when the singer, like Scott, is doomed to sing just about anything as an adult-contemporary hackjob.

I think Scott’s getting overpowered by this song a little bit. His voice is a little weak and a little pitchy. The window dressing isn’t really making up for it either. Kind of lame.