Americans suck at math

Perhaps we differ on the definiton of the term “source”. If it’s not coming out, it’s not a source of shit. Reserves are fine, but if they’re not being tapped they’re not doing a shit bit of good, now are they?

Right, but extraction of petroleum from tar sands costs energy too (much more than with crude oil.) How much net return are we talking? Or is the math too difficult for you?

Don’t cry for me, Canada. I am remarkably indifferent to your pity.

Pay more attention, idiot. I cited sources that show that Canada’s reserves aren’t even in the top twenty.

Are you personally NY’s primary source of energy? Are you going to flip the switch off to spite us Dopers?

Whats that? You need help with a metric conversion?

Oh, and is that the sound of you proving my thread-title-hyperbole for me?

[…]

Yup, guesso.

Due to some comments made on a message board, Canadian oil companys will soon no longer distribute to america. Sure.
:rolleyes:

No, you moron. There’s no such number as “eleventy”. Just like there’s no such number as “twelvety” or “thirteenty”. Oh, and kilometers is abbreviated “km” not “Km”. Now, who needs help with metric?

I guess chula can’t count, and the rest o’y’all (see, I can speak American w/o a translator) don’t really have any understanding of current public opinion in Canada; namely that the U$A is increasingly viewed as a profit-hungry war machine that should be cut off, how ever we (i.e. the rest of the world) can advance that objective, in Canada’s case, the pipeline may stop flowing southwards, if it comes to it buddy.

Just try and push it. You might find a

I didn’t realize eleventy was metric.

And the sands of Alberta are not really being used as an energy source right now, nor will they until the supply and/or cost of liquid crude from the ground reaches a situation where the high cost of converting the sands into usable energy would be cost effective.

To say that Canada is the largest single source of oil in the world is pushing the boundaries of honesty.

I love flaming trolls. It’s so easy, but the flavor is so satisfying, especially if they’re a little crisp on the outside.

I guess chula can’t count, and the rest o’y’all (see, I can speak American w/o a translator) don’t really have any understanding of current public opinion in Canada; namely that the U$A is increasingly viewed as a profit-hungry war machine that should be cut off, how ever we (i.e. the rest of the world) can advance that objective; in Canada’s case, the pipeline may stop flowing southwards, if it comes to it buddy.

Just try and push it. You might find a brick wall built sturdy, y’know.

Ok, this shit is wierd… whatever happened to my last (two) post(s) is either a misplaced keystroke, or just plain spooky.

Ah, but what you gonna do?

Oh, a Yankee pretending to be an expert on the metric system, how cute :wink:

In case anyone cares:

And Canada cannot and would not “stop flowing [oil] southwards.” Nor has it ever threatened to do so, nor will it ever.

Yeah, web forums are sooooo tough to figure out. :rolleyes:

Hmm. 1 + 1 = Fuck off, Space Cadet. Yeah, I guess I suck at math.

:rolleyes: x 6.02 x 10[sup]23[/sup]

To whom are you referring? I’m quite comfortable with the metric system, in fact.

And it seems as though leander has put the lie to your claim of Canada supplying the US with 25% of it’s energy needs and “virtually all of its natural gas”.

Give me a T! Give me an R! Give me an O! …

Give me a fucking break.

Canada has had no reason to stop giving oil or energy to USA.
Stop projecting your ideas as the Canadian Ideal, because they are not.

Ok, you know, I came here hoping for a serious dicussion of American energy interests, and the consequences of these interests, but it seems you Yanks aren’t in the mood. I’ll try pokin’ it up your ass again later - hopefully at some point you’ll realize you can’t be on top for ever - and maybe, just maybe, you’ll actually be willing to engage in an actual debate.
Lates, bro’s & sis’.