Americans suck at math

That was funny. Can we do it again?

Ah, the truth comes out, Space Cadet – someone has a major inferiority complex. Sorry to hear it.

But glad to know that most Canadians aren’t like you.

What debate? We’ve more than established that every one of your points was invalid. Get your head out of your ass, and we’ll have a debate.

No, you don’t understand. It’s only a debate if he is able to rile up the “Yankees” and get away with arguing incorrect information.

hahahahahahaa

Oh wait. You guys thought that was a debate?

Hell, that was target practice.

For the humor impaired, is this thread serious or not?

Silly me. I thought one needed facts to have a proper debate. What was I thinking?

Nah. Space Cadet’s an obvious troll. We were just kicking him around a little.

Define “serious”, erislover? If you mean does the OP mean the BS he’s spouting, then yes.

Yeah, Canada cuts off the energy, and we cut off the $$. Who’s going to be hurting?

Um, yeah.

Especially with the use of the word “source”, which in most cases implies a destination. “The world’s largest source” implies that its destination is “the world”, which suggests that the oil is being produced. So, though you didn’t actually say that it was produced, it’s pretty irrelevent to “the world’s largest sources” if it’s not.

Thus, I thank you for Emmanuelle Chriqui. But one hottie that was produced by Canada does not equal 25% of America’s total energy needs.

Folks, do us all a favour and don’t be as fucking stupid as Space Cadet with the intolerance, okay? chula et. al., you’re demonstrating that you’re just as prejudiced as SD, rather than exhibiting any shred of wit. And I’m sure that’s not what you intend.

At the risk of introducing some facts:[ul][]U.S. / Canada energy trade is $38 billion a year[]Canada is the U.S.'s largest oil supplier[]Canada is the world’s fifth largest energy producer[]Canada provides about 16% of U.S. oil importsCanada provides about 14% of U.S. natural gas imports[/ul](I trust that the U.S State Department is a believable source for this sort of information.)

Huh? I’m prejudiced against idiots. I don’t see how your stats (which have already been posted!) make SD look like any less of an idiot.

There are three kinds of American: Those who suck at math and those who are good at math. :slight_smile:

It strikes me that if Space Cadet’s worldview was in fact, reality…

Canada is the largest global source of oil,

Canada is the largest supplier of energy to the US,

Canada, recognising that the US is bent on world conquest decides to turn off the spigot,

What exactly prevents the bloodthirsty, profit driven, imperial war machine that is the US from just rolling north a few degrees and taking what we want? The mighty Canadian military?

heh heh… Fun stuff.

Fuckwit.

Sorry, it wasn’t my intention to support SD’s position – I was trying to correct his information. The post was actually written many hours ago; I should have read the new posts since before submitting.

So, you’re saying that if we’re going to fight a war for oil, we should invade Canada instead of Iraq.

Let me call the Pentagon to let them know we don’t need to hurry this whole war with Iraq thing so that soldiers can fight in NBC gear without having 10% of the soldiers suffering heat stroke every 15 minutes. We can wait 'til summer (to avoid frostbite dangers) and invade Canada. I’m pretty sure they don’t have any chemical or biological weapons. The only danger is that they will unleash a horde of Celine Dion clones to demoralize the troops.

a mole of :rolleyes:?

While calls of bloodthirsty imperialism are sweet music to my ears, I have a feeling that US occupation forces would fuck up Hockey Night in Canada. That alone would drive Michigan and the other True Hockey Fan States to secede. Chaos ensues.