An apology to the Teeming Millions

I deciced to post this in the Pit and in its own thread to ensure it’s visibility to those involved.

I don’t know about the rest of you but I’ve always been labled as “different” and as such I was usually a victim of some bully or another. It also lead to passive-agressive tendencies. We recently had a guy here in the pit whose posts I saw as bullying via cyberspace. Those posts struck a nerve and I apologize to my fellow Pitizens for my reaction, I also wish that the entire incident never happened. Can’t do anything about that now, of course.

Not to make any excuses, I’ve been in a bit of a funk for the past month or so. Maybe it would be best if I take a break from these forums for a while.

Could we please have a link?

No. For the love of all that’s good and holy, no link.

Jeff, if you’re talking about who I think you’re talking about (RM), let me just say that in my opinion, it was much ado about nothing. Some people just love drama a bit too much.

Ego te absolvo, son. Now go and sin no more.

Jeff, don’t apologize, you didn’t do a damn thing wrong.

Hey Jeff,

Yeah, I for various reasons, was labelled “different” as well. I got bullied too. I fought back so hard that bullies avoided me because I got a reputation for being “crazy.” Then I chilled.

Anyway, you and I obviously perceived the debacle differently. We, among others, went overboard.

I accept your olive branch and extend one of my own.

Peace.:slight_smile:

Hey Jeff,

Yeah, I for various reasons, was labelled “different” as well. I got bullied too. I fought back so hard that bullies avoided me because I got a reputation for being “crazy.” Then I chilled.

Anyway, you and I obviously perceived the debacle differently. We, among others, went overboard.

Hey Jeff,

Stinkin’ hamsters!

I agree. You were on the side on angels on this one.

[Frank Bartles]
Thank you for your support.
[/Frank Bartles]

While I won’t go so far as to say you were “… on the side of angels”, I’ll agree that discussions like that can often get out of hand and lead to hurt feelings, on all sides.

If any part of that was a result of something I said, or did, to whoever, then I too extend the olive branch and hope the issue has passed, all of us being the better for it, in one way or another.

Kid, yer all right. Don’t let the quagaas get you down.

I think I might have given up on the ‘conversation’ about 20 posts before you did, but as an outside observer, it seemed like you provided the intended reaction. It was about him, not you.

Jeff, you did no wrong. Me, on the other hand, I started the shit fight. You, well, you didn’t do anything wrong.

nogginhead, the intended reaction is neither here nor there but you’re right that I shouldn’t have drug it out. I should have realized that at the time and is part of the reason for my apology.

Or “shouldn’t have been a party to dragging it out.” Takes two to tango.

[hijacking my own thread]
Just noticed that Ogre’s thread now has a post by LostCause. It would be ironically proper to have that be the last post there, seeing how that thread is pretty much a lost cause.
[/hmot]

Sorry, that was in bad taste.

Is apologizing habit forming?

I agree that you shouldn’t have been a party to dragging it out, or however you want to phrase it. The particular issue that you initially got into with him was unfortunate and I think mostly unnecessary. He certainly was the one to escalate it, though. And everyone involved was responsible for the whole thing getting out of hand, myself maybe more than anyone. It sucked, but it’s over now (Lord I hope it’s over now!). Classy of you to offer an apology for your role in it. Hopefully Ogre’s satisfied now.