And you thought the Tellitubbies were scary...

http://pbskids.org/boohbah/boohbah.html <–coming to PBS later this month.

Clicking on the orange or pink creatures shows you a better likeness of what they look like in the TV Guide insert (who’d they pay to wear this crap?) If the sounds on the site- fart/rassberry noises and squeals are any indication of what they’ll sound like on the show, I’m really really glad I don’t own a toddler or preschooler.

Wait until you see the show, it’s even scarier then that link.

Check out their offical website. :eek:

I saw a bunch of these things in a toyshop while Christmas shopping, and I thought I was having a flashback.

The horror. The horror.

Indeed, it is one of the scariest thing I have seen on TV in my memory. I’m sure kids TV wasnt this disturbing when I was young, anyone remember Wackaday with Timmy Mallet?

Good grief.

Hey Brits: can you please return to “invading” us with talented entertainers?

Timmy was a :wally rather than disturbing. But don’t forget the terrifyingDiddymen from the 1970s. They scared the shite out of me and gave me nightmares for years.

Holy crap! The Boohbahs are…well, I wouldn’t want to watch that on acid.

I looked at the Diddymen too. I’m glad I never saw those as a kid. I’d have been freaked out for life.

Sorry jjimm Diddymen was a little before my time, although Pob scared me quite alot.

(obviously I meant ‘one of the scariest things’:smack: )

yikes

Is this Ken Dobbs a funny man?

bootytp your Pob there is by Ragdoll productions. As is this new monstrosity. Looks like these people have been in the business of scarring people for a long while now.

Scarring or scaring? :slight_smile:

Scaring too, but that’s not a typo :smiley:

Oh my God. My kids are going to love this. Heaven help me.

So Boohbah’s are real live scary tele-horrors? I found a link to their site about 9 months ago on a webzine (W2KNews, no less), thought the flash game (www.boohbah.com/zone.swf) was interesting and downloaded it so my daughter could play with it offline. I had no idea I was priming her for a Teletubbies sequel. I feel sick.

Please tell me I’m not the only one who watched that animation of the Boohbahs dancing and thought, “Foreskins!”

Maybe you could have the TV block PBS :smiley:

Am I the only one who found this Pob image to be a little offensive? And while we’re on the subject of creepy children’s programming, how about Jay Jay the Jet Plane?

I’ve never seen Jay Jay the Jet Plane before, and now I wish I hadn’t. The characters remind me of the grotesque fish in Monty Python’s Meaning of Life. Glad I don’t have kids…

I once had a cat named Boobah.

She was named after a character from Cerebus the Aardvark.

Just thought I’d share.