Annoying "god talk"

Well, doing X can make you really thirsty and horny, but it also gices you the energy to dance all night.

The devil reports to most of the marketers I’ve met.

I’ve been forced to do a lot of marketing work lately, and I can’t wash the stench of evil off of me. HELP!

What I want to know is if we gave Polycarp a generic Holy Symbol, could he turn Adman?

Hmm, I’m not too familiar with 2nd edition Players Option-Spells And Powers, or 3rd edition rules. However, I think Polycarp has spent enough character points and/or proficiency slots to be able to turn without a symbol.

Re-OP
I’ve seen Gobear post in more than a few religion threads. Diogenes seems to participate in most of the religion threads these days.

Both are atheists.
 Zev Steinhardt and Cmkeller are Orthodox Jews. Outside of GD, they only post about Judaism in response to specific questions.  

Freyr and quite a few other Dopers are pagan/neo-pagan/wiccan/Wiccan/etc. I doubt any of them are pushing the Bible on anyone.

BTW

There shall be no sport made of Kill Uncle, dammit!

Heathen.

Is jjimm right in saying doing X makes one a skanky 'ho?

Or is it all a conspiracy by the “Afraid of 'hoes” contingent that is trying to say that piercing, tattooing, and now X makes people into skanky hoes?

And what is skanking? How does one skank? How is the skanking of a 'ho different than a non 'ho?

Will Don Ho be suing as Spike Lee is against Spike TV?

These are the great questions of the day.

Doc, you’re still my hero.

Wow. First Zev compliments me and now I see this. Either things are looking up, or I’ve begun halucinating.

Either way, my sex life should improve.

What really annoys me are the posts saying “don’t judge!” or that all beliefs are worth the same.

Well I think doing X is a “Law of Nature” and people who think otherwise, or refuse to do X, should be SHOT!

You’re all a bunch of fucking HERETICS!!!

Do X and LIVE!!!

Paid for by The People Who Do X

You do know that my comments are TOTALLY unrelated to your sex life.

Well, I participate in religion threads, even though I’m an athiest, as Doc Cathode noted. Religion is a powerful force in history, art, and music, and ignoring or dismissing it means dismissing the discussion of the ultimate questions: who are we, what do we want, why are we here?

Well, I participate in religion threads, even though I’m an atheist, as Doc Cathode noted. Religion is a powerful force in history, art, and music, and ignoring or dismissing it means dismissing the discussion of the ultimate questions: who are we, what do we want, why are we here?

How can one understand Byzantine imperial politics without including the impact of religious heterodoxy as a divisive force, particularly in regard to the Iconoclasm controversy of the 8th century? How can one comprehend the symbolism of Raphael or the oratorios of the Baroque era without a thorough grounding in Biblical allusions.

Even today in 21st century America, it’s imopssible to grasp the full dimensions of contemporary problems such as gay rights or abortion without understanding the religious aspects of the issues.

Yes, I just meant that your comment is another sign that my luck seems to be changing. Hopefully, this will lead to my getting lucky.

Re X
Come on people! Just say no! The only drug I need is the Straight Dope. Yes, the Straight Dope is all I need. And 20 miligrams of methylphenidate 3 times a day. The Straight Dope, and methylphenidate, that’s all I need. And 50 miligrams of Paxil in the morning. The Straight Dope, methylphenidate, and Paxil, that’s all I need. And 1000 miligrams of Depakote at night. The Straight Dope, methylphenidate, xil, and Depakote are the only drugs I need. And this thermosPa…

I love your sense of humor.

I realize that by putting a smilie at the end of your question, it’s supposed to read as a humorous response to the post you quoted, but did you actually read that post? It doesn’t have anything to do with what you’re joking about here…

How sweet of you to give Adman the credit that he’d even be able to pronounce those questions much less ponder them. It’s sorta cute. :wink:

I know just what you mean. I HATE judgemental people. They’re all a bunch of losers. Vague generalizations, too. What rubbish! While we’re at it, stop the violence, or I’ll belt you one. And another thing…

My thought precisely - especially because it’s God, not god.

And, for the record, I’m agnostic and enjoy perusing the religious discussions, even if I rarely post comments.

Just for the record, I have no problem with adults doing X (either by themselves or with each other in mutual consent) as long as they do it behind closed doors; just don’t make my children participants in your X habits, pleeeeease, think of the children.

Y, on the other hand, ould be mandatory and enforced in school assemblies. Z never hurt anyone, in moderation.