Another Cat Who Needs A Name

He did arrive with a whole lot of little scabs and scratches, most of them on his head. I suspect he fights back when attacked.

He doesn’t seem to be acquiring replacements at any speed as those heal, though. He might have been trying to get back into his old barn; and, given the food supply and other benefits here, have decided he doesn’t need to keep arguing about that.

I came to suggest that. (But I didn’t have a picture. Well done!)

And you can use the acronym ACWNN, pronounced “ACK-win.” :smiley_cat:

Purrcival?

Ferris Mewler?

Loqui.

means ‘to speak’ in Latin (as in loquacious). Learned, catchy, and short.

I came here to say that.
Now i don’t need to bother !

I suspect people will hear that as “Low-key”.

Or, possibly, as Loki. (And naming a cat Loki seems to be asking for trouble --)

Well, how about ‘singer’ in Ukrainian? Spivachka. That doesn’t sound like anything else.

I’m also fond of the name Florio, for a male cat.

Hmmm… that sounds like a crunchy snack to be eaten with vodka shots…

My neighbor adopted a cat a few years ago. She lets him out a couple times a day, if I am outside he stops by to be petted and get a treat. I call him Lugnut. My neighbor said he does not respond to the name she gave him, Jerry, but comes running when she calls him Lugnut. It’s probably similar to his original name. The cat’s official name is now Lugnut.

now I can’t stop thinking this.

I’ll add on Loqutus/Loquacious. I really do like Chatterbox.

Loqui is properly pronounced Low-Quee.

Murray is a name that comes naturally to cats, Murr for short. Most cats will come to you if you ask, “Murrr?” while wiggling your fingers and not looking at the cat.

Sounds like my guy Wolfgang. He’d be quite happy to never fight, but the girl cats in the house keep trying to smack him around.

But he’s the classic Big Quiet Guy. Doesn’t want to fight , but if you insist, he can lay the smack down on the girls.

You could name him in honor of Ukraine. Just call him “Yuke”.

I already have a Merton, for that reason. Cats can say Mrrrt, and Merton occasionally does. The New Cat actually says it rather more often, but for this household the name and other very similar ones are already taken.

Some of these others I’m going to have to think about; they might work. But nothing so far has quite made me say “that’s it!”

Yammer.

At the shelter, chatty cats are often named for writers (because they’re good with words) or opera singers. We’ve had more than one Pawvarotti. Plus Domingo, Caruso, etc. And, of course, you’ve got practically infinite choices as far as writers- I won’t suggest any of those because you’ll already know which ones you like or which fit him best.

Chatsworth (Chatty)
MacDonald (because he had a farm)
Purrcy
Communicator or Comm Unit
Bavard (means talkative in French)
Chaz
Enzo Furrari
Survivor
Pal
Chorizo
Catticus
Billy Boy