Another game for those of us bored at work...

No, I was going by Phnord Prefect. The whole idea that it’s a crash victim bouncing along a road is just a bit icky, don’t you think?

Sigh… and here I was going to post my 8000-odd score… and I realised how many Dopers have thrashed it…

I’ve gotten both boosts. The HOL’s special, and the bouncy sticky special. I think the trick is to save your Red Aerials specifically to avoid the HOL.

Yeesh.

Kewl!

I think it’s mostly luck but I have consistently gotten better so there is an amount of skill involved. It’s no big deal to get 5k+ but 7k has been really elusive.

To tell which girls will give you the “special” boost, the little icons in the top right light up. So when the green one lights up, you get a HOL special boost. :slight_smile:

Whew. Still haven’t beaten Keapon Laffin’s record.

I got a Type-D(?) boost. It turns the MLI a light-tan color and you get a neat “boi-oi-oing” sound when he bounces. He bounces consecutively higher as long as he remains that color. However, I don’t know HOW to obtain that boost or what determines how long he remains in that state. Some of my bounces were 600m+ vertical. He was moving forward pretty fast too, so quite a bit of distance got covered that way.

I was going to brag about hitting 113 m…

I’ve gotten that too and also don’t know how I did it but I’d like to know. I’d say there’s either a trick to it or it’s pretty rare because I’ve only gotten it once in all the time I’ve spent playing.

The highest I’ve bounced is 375m, and that was from using all three of my aerial boosts after getting an Angle Up.

I think to get some of those special boosts, you have to hit the “Through And Run” girl, then hit another girl who’s on a Special.

I hit the Through-And-Run girl and then the HOL on Special and got “Comic Force Field - Double A Type Impact”, which turned me green. I didn’t get to see the effects of it though because I hit the HOL (no longer on Special) and was stopped on the next bounce.

Current record: 13689.61m

Strategy: Stay as close to the ground as possible and don’t burn up your red Aerials while HOL or any two other girls are on Special. Use blue Aerials to get you going again when you’re slowing down. These can be used more liberally since they recharge.

Right, I know this is an old thread but I had to share my new score!

I realise this isn’t the best score ever but I only recently found the link again and I remember from before I was dying to beat 20,000 and now I have.
Back to the game it is then…